SOCN

Running Rebel

I came to the realization that the political theater is a waste of time. By all means vote, but realize that your vote is a drop of water in an ocean. If the collective majority produces idiotic results, then so be it; I just hope my vote doesn't contribute to the idiocy. It's also obvious to me that there's millions of f***ing stupid people in this country...both left and right. I just try to stay away from them to avoid their cesspool of thoughts.

Life's too short to waste your time on this crap. Be an educated voter, vote, and move on. Save your energy for what's truely important. Carpe diem.

Not only is your vote a drop in the water, neither side cares one iota about you. It's all about power and control and filthy lucre.

And the only thing you need to educate yourself about is that Permanent Waves :D-13: is a 70's album. :yes: :) :hi:

• Like 3

holy sh** what has this topic turned into?

Most TRFers are expert at inserting different ideas and getting a thread on to a whole different track. :LOL: You will eventually learn this awesome skill as well. ;)

If it ain't derailed, it ain't a thread.

We've had some dandies over the years, haven't we? Lots of fun too.

• Like 2

I came to the realization that the political theater is a waste of time. By all means vote, but realize that your vote is a drop of water in an ocean. If the collective majority produces idiotic results, then so be it; I just hope my vote doesn't contribute to the idiocy. It's also obvious to me that there's millions of f***ing stupid people in this country...both left and right. I just try to stay away from them to avoid their cesspool of thoughts.

Life's too short to waste your time on this crap. Be an educated voter, vote, and move on. Save your energy for what's truely important. Carpe diem.

Great points.

Do you think Geddy's bass tone was too thin on the 80s/synth era albums or did it bring out qualities that enhanced our enjoyment of those songs?

LABT: Helping to keep this thread from going down the wrong path. When in doubt, Geddy's bass tone is the go-to topic. Melodic777 would approve.

• Like 3

Not only is your vote a drop in the water, neither side cares one iota about you. It's all about power and control and filthy lucre.

And the only thing you need to educate yourself about is that Permanent Waves :D-13: is a 70's album. :yes: :) :hi:

You were doing so well, until that second, misguided sentence.

I made up a saying once, you can't win them all. Yeah, that was me. I'm also the mayor of Hoboken. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Great points.

Do you think Geddy's bass tone was too thin on the 80s/synth era albums or did it bring out qualities that enhanced our enjoyment of those songs?

I would respond to that but I'm afraid my answer would be twisted and deemed political...like everything else these days.

Hold Your Fire sucks ass...there's a distraction that's like a pool of piranhas.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

Great points.

I would respond to that but I'm afraid my answer would be twisted and deemed political...like everything else these days.

Hold Your Fire sucks ass...there's a distraction that's like a pool of piranhas.

I'll answer. The Steinberger bass was too thin sounding. The Rickenbacker and Fender sounded better. Most of the synth-era songs aren't that enjoyable, unless you count Signals as part of the synth-era. That's their third best album.

• Like 1

Great points.

I'll answer. The Steinberger bass was too thin sounding. The Rickenbacker and Fender sounded better. Most of the synth-era songs aren't that enjoyable, unless you count Signals as part of the synth-era. That's their third best album.

I don't think Geddy used the Steinberger in the studio, only on tour for GUP and PoW. To me they're very flat-sounding. Not much personality there.

Then we have Geddy's Wal basses. He used those on PoW through RTB, and not coincidentally, those are the albums with the wimpiest bass tones.

Great points.

Time Stand Still is great tho
  • Like 1

Great points.

LABT: Helping to keep this thread from going down the wrong path. When in doubt, Geddy's bass tone is the go-to topic. Melodic777 would approve.

Epic. His rant threads are classic.
  • Like 1

Great points.

I don't think Geddy used the Steinberger in the studio, only on tour for GUP and PoW. To me they're very flat-sounding. Not much personality there.

Then we have Geddy's Wal basses. He used those on PoW through RTB, and not coincidentally, those are the albums with the wimpiest bass tones.

Who do I report this off-topic post to?
  • Like 2

Great points.

Ministry of Wonky Posts? :huh: :D

• Like 2

Great points.

Ministry of Wonky Posts? :huh: :D

:laughing guy:

Great points.

big brain time :LOL: