Did someone received there Permanent waves 40th anniversary Box set?

drumguru46

I received my two deluxe box sets yesterday.

I opened one up and played both discs.

Pure BLISS.

Don't listen to the lame ass Fake Rush Fans on here who think it's just another cash grab.

The packaging is first class and amazing.

It's incredible.

I'm in love.

I can't wait for the "Signals" Deluxe Box next.

If they do a "Grace Under Pressure" Deluxe Box my heart may stop.

"Power Windows?"

"Hold Your Fire?"

My soul will explode.

You see?

I am a real fan until I die.

It's not about the "Big Money."

It's about the passion and the love of a band that blows every fuckking band away on this planet.

Just stating the truth.

There are so many Rush Fans on here who are posers, complainers and fakes.

Leave this amazing forum and bitch about box sets on Counterparts.

Oh baby... a "Counterparts" Deluxe Box Set.

It will be astronomical.

Like my chocolate bar falling into your peanut butter jar.......

lol

Sorry 46

I have no filter and alas, Rush is in my "Hemispheres" forever. I have the life experience to back it all up.

Cheers and goodnight.

• Like 3

got mine yesterday and made my "complete PeW show" today. Oh my - now that would have made a great live album back 40 years ago.

Nice package too

Oh totally! The packaging is beautiful!!! Glad you got yours yesterday!!

Not yet, it paused on the Canuck side since June 1. Soon!

And my first taste of The Macallan 12 year, still unopened, will be enjoyed when the box set arrives :)

I watch the progress "Tracking" every day. Or maybe every hour, lol!

June 11 "Entered Customs".

And The Macallan still sits un-opened :(

I have the 2112, AFTK, and Hems super deluxe boxes, but I might not be getting this one since it didn't really fall in line with Christmas (the last three were all Christmas presents). Hopefully they'll keep selling them through the holiday though. I'd be sad not to get the full run from 2112 to Signals.

Got it this morning.

Tracking yesterday said "Attempted Delivery" but there was none, so I went to the local outlet this morning and it was there.

I was charged extra for Duty. Post woman said it has nothing to do with the company, it is Canada Post's prerogative.

The other orders never had extra charges at the final leg, but this did - $49.00!

Package is fantastic.

Early planning, but I've heard that the VT box set will have a brick in the box.

I don't mean the CD. I mean an actual brick, probably signed by Paul Northfield.

Edited by grep

Anyone have a guess as to whether this box will still be on sale around Christmas?

well the other boxes can still be found on Amazon so I suspect this will be still available as well. I have no insider information just basing it on the other sets availability. Does anyone know the run of any of these boxes? They're not numbered and aren't really sold as a limited edition thing

• Like 2

Anyone have a guess as to whether this box will still be on sale around Christmas?

well the other boxes can still be found on Amazon so I suspect this will be still available as well. I have no insider information just basing it on the other sets availability. Does anyone know the run of any of these boxes? They're not numbered and aren't really sold as a limited edition thing

Oh, I'd always presumed they were limited and sold out fairly quickly. That's wonderful to hear they're not!

They are still more limited than you might think. The industry modis operandi these days is to print x number of these and when they are gone they are gone. I'd love to know the actual number myself. A wild guess would be the first run probably isn't more than 25-30 thousand.

• Like 1

• Location:Thunder Bay, ON (Born and raised in Willowdale, ON).
  • Interests:Music, more music, outdoor winter stuff, cooking together in the kitchen with cocktails, reading fiction, volunteering, sailing.

Posted Today, 08:20 PM

I stopped everything I am doing to log in, choose an appropriate thread (hoping this is) to say...

The CD version of the tour is AWESOME. The sound, the distinction of their channels all sounding awesome with the live audience, worth it - right there!

Tomorrow for the vinyl edition, will see. But wow, it sounds really, really great!

Marantz amp, Klipsch horns, big cables - not even mid-high end by any means, but truly wonderful listening.

I wish there was a 40th anniversary thing for Rush, Fly By Night and Caress Of Steel .-.

Straight Archives 3 CD set of the 2015 masterings would be sweet. Make it happen Andy Curran.

• Like 1