split from "Rush retweeted me..."

Three Eyes

Uhhhh I really didn't want to say anything....but I couldn't help but notice that the juxtaposition between the Starman's, shall we say, little Starman, and the mask wearer's mouth is extremely problematic. I'm not sure who but someone needs to get canceled here.

1*0mJk9zDw6JvG6l1WdQXK3w.jpeg

• Like 1

Uhhhh I really didn't want to say anything....but I couldn't help but notice that the juxtaposition between the Starman's, shall we say, little Starman, and the mask wearer's mouth is extremely problematic. I'm not sure who but someone needs to get canceled here.

There is nothing wrong with the picture. If someone wants to interpret it in a sexual way, then that is THEIR decision and THEIR problem.

• Like 4

There is nothing wrong with the picture. If someone wants to interpret it in a sexual way, then that is THEIR decision and THEIR problem.

Good lord will you shut up. lol.

The only thing I see as problematic is your inappropriate comment.

A fellow Rush fan (and a super nice one at that) shares their excitement regarding a Rush connection and that’s the best thing you can say?

I believe a personal apology to the OP is in order.

It’s never too late to be a gentleman.

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 2

The only thing I see as problematic is your inappropriate comment.

A fellow Rush fan (and a super nice one at that) shares their excitement regarding a Rush connection and that’s the best thing you can say?

I believe a personal apology to the OP is in order.

It’s never too late to be a gentleman.

A personal apology? Are you for real? :laughing guy: I'm sure she's a wonderful person and one hopes she has a good sense of humor. :D-13:

• Like 1

Good lord if you didn't want to say anything then you shouldn't have said anything :scared: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 2

Good lord if you didn't want to say anything then you shouldn't have said anything :scared: :LOL: :lol:

Wow. Clever. Someone had his Ovaltine this morning.

If I hadn't said anything I wouldn't know who wears the halos around here. Btw, can you turn yours down a notch. It's blinding the f**k out of me.

• Like 1

If I hadn't said anything I wouldn't know who wears the halos around here. Btw, can you turn yours down a notch. It's blinding the f**k out of me.

Hi Three Eyes, as a board admin, I believe I can offer a different perspective concerning your posts in this thread: You're acting like a dick. Maybe you can turn THAT down a notch? Actually, all the way down to zero would work.

• Like 4

Hi Three Eyes, as a board admin, I believe I can offer a different perspective concerning your posts in this thread: You're acting like a dick. Maybe you can turn THAT down a notch? Actually, all the way down to zero would work.

e6ea54c15ce51256e9990577520262de.gif

Hi there Mr. As-a-Board-Admin. Should I report directly to the principal's office now? Nice Fife-ian intimidation tactic, btw.

How am I the one being the dick here? I'm just responding to attacks from a couple of white knights (who are no doubt salivating at the prospect of my imminent banning) over a harmless innuendo that wasn't even directed at the OP. I was just pointing out the accidental silliness of the way the Starman design looks on a face mask - which is something that should be pointed out if for no other reason than the funniness of it. So the joke is about the mask, not Laura, who, if you'll bother to look above, made no initial fuss over it. But I guess some here get upset over jokes more risque than a Carol Burnett sketch circa 1968.

e6ea54c15ce51256e9990577520262de.gif

While your nose is up there maybe you should check for polyps.

• Like 2

Hi there Mr. As-a-Board-Admin. Should I report directly to the principal's office now? Nice Fife-ian intimidation tactic, btw.

How am I the one being the dick here? I'm just responding to attacks from a couple of white knights (who are no doubt salivating at the prospect of my imminent banning) over a harmless innuendo that wasn't even directed at the OP. I was just pointing out the accidental silliness of the way the Starman design looks on a face mask - which is something that should be pointed out if for no other reason than the funniness of it. So the joke is about the mask, not Laura, who, if you'll bother to look above, made no initial fuss over it. But I guess some here get upset over jokes more risque than a Carol Burnett sketch circa 1968.

Ugh, you're one of those guys. Haven't seen your type around here in years. You're not as smart and clever as you think you are. And you're still acting like a dick.

• Like 1

Ugh, you're one of those guys. Haven't seen your type around here in years. You're not as smart and clever as you think you are. And you're still acting like a dick.

Tell me someone who is. You I suppose. Gosh, you are super smart and clever.

So I'm a type? What type might that be? Free thinker? I've been posting here for a year without issues (Rush boards in general since the late 90s) but I'm a type all of the sudden according to you. You don't actually know me but I'd love to hear what my type is. You've already assessed my level of intelligence, Einstein, so why not keep going? When you're done I'll tell you what type I think you are even though I know nothing about you. Seems fair, right? But in the meantime, look up the word "mediator." Being a good one of these is something every forum admin should strive to be. I seriously doubt blatant side-taking, recklessly miss-assessing a situation, or calling out board members as dicks and types is in the manual. If you don't like my responses to you then lay off the insults and marginalizations. Believe me, this type of interaction with you or anyone else here brings me no pleasure so if that's what you mean by "type" you are mistaken.

There appears to have been a misunderstanding about the joke I told. At least one person seems to think I made a random obscene gesture towards Laura and thusly thought I should apologize for it. Others might think this too. If this is the case, just know I would never do such a thing to her or any other poster on any board. When I said "the mask wearer" I meant that in a collective sense, not a specific one. If I'm guilty of anything it's that I didn't make what I said clear enough for it not to be misunderstood and that is regrettable. If on the other hand people are upset that I would dare sully Laura's news of her interaction with Rush.com with any sort of sex joke then I'm not sure I can help you with that. Perhaps I can wait longer next time. But I'm not a constant purveyor of sex jokes anyway so that shouldn't be a problem moving forward...if there is a forward.

• Like 1

So I'm a type? What type might that be? Free thinker? I've been posting here for a year without issues (Rush boards in general since the late 90s) but I'm a type all of the sudden according to you. You don't actually know me but I'd love to hear what my type is. You've already assessed my level of intelligence, Einstein, so why not keep going? When you're done I'll tell you what type I think you are even though I know nothing about you. Seems fair, right? But in the meantime, look up the word "mediator." Being a good one of these is something every forum admin should strive to be. I seriously doubt blatant side-taking, recklessly miss-assessing a situation, or calling out board members as dicks and types is in the manual. If you don't like my responses to you then lay off the insults and marginalizations. Believe me, this type of interaction with you or anyone else here brings me no pleasure so if that's what you mean by "type" you are mistaken.

There appears to have been a misunderstanding about the joke I told. At least one person seems to think I made a random obscene gesture towards Laura and thusly thought I should apologize for it. Others might think this too. If this is the case, just know I would never do such a thing to her or any other poster on any board. When I said "the mask wearer" I meant that in a collective sense, not a specific one. If I'm guilty of anything it's that I didn't make what I said clear enough for it not to be misunderstood and that is regrettable. If on the other hand people are upset that I would dare sully Laura's news of her interaction with Rush.com with any sort of sex joke then I'm not sure I can help you with that. Perhaps I can wait longer next time. But I'm not a constant purveyor of sex jokes anyway so that shouldn't be a problem moving forward...if there is a forward.

Pretty much everyone is as smart and clever as you. It would be impossible not to be at least as clever.

Pretty much everyone is as smart and clever as you. It would be impossible not to be at least as clever.

Awww that's just sad but you tried. Here's a participation trophy for you. You'll get 'em next time, tiger!

dcaf41fe-7488-51a8-b212-77ae42b5dc1a_1000x.jpg?v=1555892118

Awww that's just sad but you tried. Here's a participation trophy for you. You'll get 'em next time, tiger!

There's nothing more sad, and yet funny at the same time, as a half wit appointing himself as judge of anything. Yet here you are.

There's nothing more sad, and yet funny at the same time, as a half wit appointing himself as judge of anything. Yet here you are.

Wow. That's beautiful. Where'd you find that? The Poems of Larry The Cable Guy Volume 1?

Wow. That's beautiful. Where'd you find that? The Poems of Larry The Cable Guy Volume 1?

I'd use your posts as evidence to white supremacists as evidence that white people are not superior to other races, but they'd probably think you're clever. At least the half that have below average intelligence for even that group would. Maybe.

I'd use your posts as evidence to white supremacists as evidence that white people are not superior to other races, but they'd probably think you're clever. At least the half that have below average intelligence for even that group would. Maybe.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you??!! :laughing guy: Can someone translate this from Martian to English for me?!

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you??!! :laughing guy: Can someone translate this from Martian to English for me?!

To the feeble minded, clearly articulated common sense is gibberish. Just admit you're not funny or clever in the least and we can all move on.