Early Tours?

:) Hey everybody!...

Planning on making an animated film about the early years of Rush and am beginning research for it. Was talking to my aunt about the project and she told me that she saw them perform in 1973. My aunt and I are both from Seattle {although my aunt now lives in Los Angeles}. Does anyone know if Rush performed outside of Canada {specifically in Seattle WA} prior to 1974??

Get back to me on this,

Thanks!

Starshine :)

The slightly flawed "Mereley [sic] Players" says that Binghampton, NY, on 9 December 1973 was the first US show, with some northwest shows the following June ('74).

I don't have "Wandering the Face of the Earth" in front of me, but that would be the resource to check.

I checked in my copy of Rush: Wandering the Face of the Earth: The Official Touring History book and there aren't any tour dates outside of Canada prior to 1974.

I checked the date Nova Carmina referenced from the Rush Tribute: Mereley Players book by Robert Telleria from this link here.

December 9, 1973 Men's Gym, SUNY-Binghamton (The Sons of Champlin, Papa John Creach avec Zulu)

There's even a related posted about this here.

On a side note, why is it that members who don't post on here a lot, have to throw these type of answer challenges for others' to figure out?

These particular members post 1 to 5 entries on here and then disappear, which appears to be the trend.

The day I meet an individual who has 100% perfect photographic memory, it's difficult to believe anything, unless there's documented proof.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Hadn't seen reference to the December 73 gig in Binghampton before.

Certainly I've seen the band themselves mention several times that the first show outside of Canada was the East Lansing gig in May 74.

Edited by Lurkst

I checked in my copy of Rush: Wandering the Face of the Earth: The Official Touring History book and there aren't any tour dates outside of Canada prior to 1974.

I checked the date Nova Carmina referenced from the Rush Tribute: Mereley Players book by Robert Telleria from this link here.

December 9, 1973 Men's Gym, SUNY-Binghamton (The Sons of Champlin, Papa John Creach avec Zulu)

There's even a related posted about this here.

On a side note, why is it that members who don't post on here a lot, have to throw these type of answer challenges for others' to figure out?

These particular members post 1 to 5 entries on here and then disappear, which appears to be the trend.

The day I meet an individual who has 100% perfect photographic memory, it's difficult to believe anything, unless there's documented proof.

Hey true to form - that dude was last seen the day he made the post!

Marginally better than the person that comes in to post how they have some sort of folk art/belt buckle/bs print to sell, that every "true" Rush fan needs to own

• Like 1