RIP Little Richard

In 2014, AC/DC’s then singer Brian Johnson told the Guardian about the experience of seeing Little Richard on television for the first time: “It was a Saturday, it was one o’clock and it was sunny day. And this woman was going, ‘And now, from America, we have Little Richard.’ And it was this f***ing black guy with this f***ing ridiculous hairdo and teeth. He was f***ing prettier than a woman. And it was Tutti Frutti …”

At this point, Johnson mimed slack-jawed amazement. “What the f**k? There was nothing, and then there was this.”

• Like 4

LittleRichard.jpg

Legend, pioneer, icon (not enough words to describe)...a true original.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

:heart: Rest in peace, Little Richard,

thank you for sharing your gift with the world

making it a better place as a result.

:heart:

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

• Like 4

One of the absolute titans of rock & roll. His influence is wide and deep and cannot be overstated. RIP Mr. Penniman. You were an original to say the least.
  • Like 6

He was a master. Take a look at who he inspired. Little Richard was the greatest of the great. RIP.

He inspired everybody. Freddie Mercury was a huge fan of him, especially when he first got into music.

• Like 1

So I saw the interview today of Little Richard on the news. His father hated his high voice. Mom loved it.

He is a Legend and as you know I am one of the biggest RATT fans on the earth.

I know many of you RATT fans know that Milton Berle was involved with getting RATT on the map of MTV Ratt N Roll.

But, there is also a cool "Detonator" dvd video. They show many of the RATT videos during that time of production and it's so surreal but Little Richard is on the set with RATT a lot.

He is always plugging them to buy their records and then he shrieks and becomes his goofy cool self.

He was great.

Legends come and go on this planet. The problem is is that the music industry isn't finding or making new modern Legends to pass the torch.

Well at least in my life time.

I am SOOOOOOOO HAPPY I was born in 1968!!!!

I missed a lot of great stuff in the music live world when I was too young, but as I type tonight I sure as hell have made up for it.

I have no regrets.

Well one.

I ate my Jeff Beck SRV ticket in Oakland because I had to work at Safeway and I didn't have the balls to call in sick!!!

Can't see it all.

I sure as hell have tried.

RIP LITTLE RICHARD!!!!

RATT N ROLL!!

• Like 1

Sad to see him go, he was ahead of his time. The Beatles and Rolling Stones were admirers. Paul trying to imitate his falsetto while they recorded a couple of his songs. He was the original wild thing, Wop-bop-a-loom-a-blop-bam-boom. :musicnote: :rose:
  • Like 2