Symphony X Preparing to write new album

treeduck

SYMPHONY X bassist Mike LePond was asked in a new interview with Metal Nation if there are any plans for him and his bandmates to begin writing material for the follow-up to their 2015 album "Underworld". He responded (see video below): "Well, what we decided is as soon as the virus thing kind of slows down a little bit, we're gonna get together and write a new record. We've told [our record label] Nuclear Blast that we're ready to start writing, so they know. So the wheels are gonna start, I would say, within about a month or so."

Between this stage and the actual album release, Underworld took almost a year. I'm excited, but when it comes to Symphony X, I learned how to be patient.

What do you expect them to knock it out in a week?? :16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

Between this stage and the actual album release, Underworld took almost a year. I'm excited, but when it comes to Symphony X, I learned how to be patient.

Why not?

Black Sabbath recorded their first album in less than eight hours.

Why not?

Yeah but that was 1969/1970, bands just don't do that shit now. Especially bands that last released a new album 5 years ago. Symphony X have released just four albums in the last 20 years. That's why.

Why not?

Yeah but that was 1969/1970, bands just don't do that shit now. Especially bands that last released a new album 5 years ago. Symphony X have released just four albums in the last 20 years. That's why.

I think if some bands just went into the studio and jammed something out in like a week they would be surprised how good of an album they could have by just getting it done and not second guessing everything. Dream Theater locked themselves away for a few weeks to get their last album done and look how good that turned out.

Why not?

I think if some bands just went into the studio and jammed something out in like a week they would be surprised how good of an album they could have by just getting it done and not second guessing everything. Dream Theater locked themselves away for a few weeks to get their last album done and look how good that turned out.

Yeah well they've already used up their 5 years so now they need to speed up. Actually it's not so much time in the studio recording or writing it's that they're too busy touring or doing other projects, especially Russell Allen. When they get in the studio to record it probably doesn't take that long.

Looking forward to this! I like all that I've heard of them so far.

Why not?

Sabbath had all those songs worked out on the road before they went in to record them. I just watched the documentary on Amazon Prime tonight. :oops:

• Like 1

Symphony Zzzzzz

They would have been MUCH bigger if they had a more consistent output. Michael Romeo likes to do things at his own pace. Also, it's a crime that a band of this caliber doesn't have a live DVD release, even this late in their career. I would be seeing them live next week if it wasn't for the coronavirus...