Who the fook is that guy?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you prefer between these two "Who Are You" tunes?

• Black Sabbath - Who Are You?
    • The Who - Who Are You

I don't think this will be a contest. Even a diehard Sabbath fan like me thinks The Who has the better song here.

Despite knowing this the Who Are You poll just had to be made. :hotdog:

• Like 1

Easy win for The Who here, one of their best and most unique songs.

The Sabbath tune is a nice breather on Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath, but not really something I revisit on its own.

• Like 3

The interesting thing about the Sabbath song is it's one of the few songs where Ozzy wrote the lyrics. Not only that but according to Iommi he went out one day and bought a Moog synthesizer, even though he had no idea how to play it, and still managed to write Who Are You? on it.
  • Like 1

Not a fan of the Who song, though I like the Who so Sabbath gets my vote here.

The interesting thing about the Sabbath song is it's one of the few songs where Ozzy wrote the lyrics. Not only that but according to Iommi he went out one day and bought a Moog synthesizer, even though he had no idea how to play it, and still managed to write Who Are You? on it.

I think that's why it's not the greatest song on the album. It's certainly not bad, but it's pretty rudimentary by Sabbath's standards.

"Black Sabbath are the musical equivalent of a 3 speed bicycle, and I'm possibly being generous about the speeds. [barf]" - drunk friend a long time ago

I have no idea what he thought about the Who. Maybe they were a 5 speed. :LOL:

I think that's why it's not the greatest song on the album. It's certainly not bad, but it's pretty rudimentary by Sabbath's standards.

Who Are You? is no Who Are You but I like it, it's got good atmospherics.

• Like 2

Oh, The Who.

When I first heard the song, I thought the clapping was a little cheesy. After a few listens, it all made sense.

The Who... great song, but they're trying their level best to beat it to shiite on classic rock radio.

Sabbath... Ozzy dealing with growing disillusionment of rock stardom and sabotage by management. Ok, maybe the music is simple, but its a direct message.

In the name of hell, who are you?

Edited by ozzy85

Sabbath ...... an ok song from a great album

The Who ..... a cracking song

The Who wins

• Like 1