Which infamous song will you throw away: Stairway, Hotel, or Freebird

which song  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which will you never hear again?

2. 2. which would you put up with for the longest?

• Stairway To Heaven
    • Hotel California
    • Freebird

My dad suggested this as a good poll idea. These three are commonly regarded as some of the most over-played or over-requested songs of all time, and many many classic rock fans are simply sick of them, but which one can you stand the least??
  • Like 7

Replace Freebird with SHA as the song I’d avoid forever.

But Freebird fits with the other two songs much better.

I picked Hotel California for the first one. I like the song but I'm not a fan of the Eagles, so not ever hearing it again is no big loss.

Picked Stairway in the other one because I think it's the best song of those three.

I picked Hotel California to get the axe. I liked it when it first came out and I really like Joe Walsh's guitar playing in other songs but I simply just had to listen to this too much. ( I also might have been stuck on a long ride in a small car on the way home from college once. The guys radio was broken and he had one tape- The Eagles, with this. It was so irritating, it's probably what put me off of it.)

Stairway to Heaven and Freebird are both songs I still like. Freebird has a little bit of an edge so I went with that one.

Edited by blueschica

Goodbye Freebird, hello Hotel California.

Hotel California has three great versions: the Original, the 1980 Eagles Live version, and the Hell Freezes Over acoustic version.

• Like 1

Good lord, I wouldn't get rid of any of them. Dust them off every couple of years and you'll learn to appreciate them again. If you're still listening to classic rock radio that's your own damn fault. lol. Last time I heard Freebird was in a YouTube clip of that scene in Forrest Gump. And it was awesome. I hate the live version though with those tweeting birds.

These three songs are usually in the Top 10 poll for 'greatest guitar solos' noted here.

I guess it depends on the mood and time period of the day, week, and year I hear the song. I may like it or don't want to hear it again.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

My top 3 overplayed songs are usually:

Free Bird

You Shook Me All Night Long

Taking Care of Business

A billion times too many on the radio, and too many dummies trying to dance to them at the local hic tavern.

• Like 2

I never listen to music radio so it`s entirely on me if I get sick of any of them... but I remember when I first heard Stairway. I was amazed that it was the iconic song it is, as I honestly don`t think it`s even one of my Zep Top 10 songs. I watched a Skynyrd documentary - If You Leave Here Tomorrow - and I think the emotion I associate with Skynyrd, plane crash, still going with some kind of line-up etc., in addition to the unparalleled awesomeness of Freebird means I would never let it go.

As for Hotel California, I think it`s lyrically the best of the three and I enjoy the outro solos, so it`s inbetween the two IMO.

• Like 1

I started playing guitar as a young teen because I wanted to learn Stairway to Heaven...so that's the keeper.

BirdTurd can go far far away

• Like 1

For me hmm... This comes down to a simple question of what my favorite song from each band is. For Zeppelin it is Stairway, so I'm not likely to give that up. For The Eagles it's probably Take It To The Limit or Lyin'Eyes, but Hotel California is one of my favorites to sing along to. For Skynnyrd....it's not Freebird. I have fond memories of playing Freebird on guitar hero, but I really prefer Gimme Three Steps, enough so that Freebird pales in comparison. I guess I'll get rid of Freebird then.

As for which one I'll stand for the longest, Stairway, easy. It's never been overplayed for me!

I used to love Stairway, but have been bored with it for about a half-decade. The guitar work in Hotel California though is still pretty interesting and invokes some great imagery. IMO.

Freebird, on again, off again. Depends on how much I want to dig Southern Rock at any given moment.

Edited by grep

Freebird is dogshit...Stairway is boring...Hotel is monotonous......all three can f**k off actually.

:LOL:

i would get rid of StaIrway, deal with Hotel, leave Freebird alone and add Bohemian Rapsody to the list because Wayne's World killed it for me.