Which infamous song will you throw away: Stairway, Hotel, or Freebird

which song  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which will you never hear again?

2. 2. which would you put up with for the longest?

• Stairway To Heaven
    • Hotel California
    • Freebird

Many apologies Entre, but I cannot possibly choose.

The three songs are forever linked as three great rock n roll epics of all time.

I do not, and have not, listened to the radio in years and years, so they are not actually overplayed to these ears.

Is one better than the other, maybe yes, maybe no...depending on the day and mood.

I love all three and will turn all three up and sing along until the day I die.

• Like 3

I voted, but in truth I'm not sick of any of them, but I also practically never listen to them either, because they were played incessantly when I was young.

It turns out you can check out and leave, so that's "Hotel California" in the rearview.

The build of "Stairway" always creates a sense of drama and anticipation, the crescendo, the fade; that's the long-lasting pick.

• Like 1

The three songs are forever linked as three great rock n roll epics of all time.

I do not, and have not, listened to the radio in years and years, so they are not actually overplayed to these ears.

Is one better than the other, maybe yes, maybe no...depending on the day and mood.

The whole "overplayed," thing is lost on me. A song doesn't deteriorate in quality because of its popularity in my eyes.

• Like 3

The whole "overplayed," thing is lost on me. A song doesn't deteriorate in quality because of its popularity in my eyes.

I agree. To me the only cases of overplay ruining a song have been from hearing it in public too many times when I never liked it that much in the first place. A great song like Stairway I'm unlikely to turn against even if I get a bit tired of it.

• Like 1

I agree. To me the only cases of overplay ruining a song have been from hearing it in public too many times when I never liked it that much in the first place. A great song like Stairway I'm unlikely to turn against even if I get a bit tired of it.

Yeah. There's a difference between wanting variety and thinking something isn't good. Right now I've been binging on the Stones, so I've been listening to mostly things like the bonus discs of Some Girls and Exile, because they have previously unreleased tracks. That doesn't mean I don't love Jumpin' Jack Flash or Sticky Fingers.

• Like 1

"overplayed" just means "I listened to it too much." has nothing to do with the song. stairway is one of the only good songs youre gonna hear on the radio regularly, be glad
  • Like 2

I went through the skynyrd discog recently. what a f***ing excellent rock n roll band. the hits, the deep cuts, hell they sound the f***ing same. and in georgia it ALL gets played on the radio
  • Like 1

I could never tire of the greatness that is "Luzifers Ghilom", 8:34 of pure magic.

• Like 1

I could never tire of the greatness that is "Luzifers Ghilom", 8:34 of pure magic.

Someone else is big fan of them, Cyclonus X-1, but he's gone AWOL for the moment.