Netflix question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26071 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

On our computer, Netflix has a search bar, but on the right side it only has an X sign which deletes anything written in the search bar. We can't look for a movie because there's nothing to press to get a result. Does anyone have the same problem and/or know a solution to it. I mean, what's the point of a search bar when the thing's completely useless?

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 10286 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:47 PM

You don't have the little magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner? That is what is showing on our computer. When I click on that, a search box comes up and You can search by title, genre, etc.  Once I type in the title a little x is on the right but that is just to clear the title for another search; the search box still stays there.  So, I'm not much help.

Maybe log out and log back in again and see if the magnifying glass shows up in the upper right?  I dunno, I got nuthin'.  I hope search starts working for you!

Edited by blueschica, 04 May 2020 - 08:49 PM.

#3 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 10286 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 04 May 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

On our computer, Netflix has a search bar, but on the right side it only has an X sign which deletes anything written in the search bar. We can't look for a movie because there's nothing to press to get a result. Does anyone have the same problem and/or know a solution to it. I mean, what's the point of a search bar when the thing's completely useless?

OK, I started typing in the box and got more results.  When you start typing the search term, all different kinds of thumbnails should pop up on the screen that are the closest answer to your search term.  On our computer (Mac) you didn't have to hit return or anything to have it start happening, all you had to do was start the search term.  You can finish it if you want better results, but you don't have to hit return or search or anything for the thumbnails to show up.

I hope it works for you!

#4 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26071 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:43 PM

View Postblueschica, on 04 May 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 04 May 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

OK, I started typing in the box and got more results.  When you start typing the search term, all different kinds of thumbnails should pop up on the screen that are the closest answer to your search term.  On our computer (Mac) you didn't have to hit return or anything to have it start happening, all you had to do was start the search term.  You can finish it if you want better results, but you don't have to hit return or search or anything for the thumbnails to show up.

I hope it works for you!
Believe it or not, you've been very helpful. It's really my wife who uses Netflix so I decided to see if there's a log-out option. When I went to the site's home page, guess what I found? The magnifying glass at the top of the screen. When you click on it, the search strip appears. After that it's kinda straight forward. What puzzles me is why you don't have that option while watching a movie. Also, just the fun of it, I typed "Die Hard". Every possible action movie was listed except the Bruce Willis classic. Go figure. Anyway, thanks very much, blueschica. :cheers:

#5 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 22760 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:11 PM

I have a weird Netflix question...

I must be missing something, but is there a way to see movie/show info?

Every time I click on on movie, it starts, when all I'm looking for is info or a trailer.

#6 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 10286 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:20 PM

View PostThe Cat 3, on 04 May 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

Every time I click on on movie, it starts, when all I'm looking for is info or a trailer.

I would like to know that, too!  It's hard to browse without running into all the trailers.  Our library also has an online streaming service called Kanopy, and when you browse there, you can see a plot synopsis and length of the movie.  I often have something in mind when I go to Netflix, though, so maybe there is a better way to browse and I don't know about it yet.

#7 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26071 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:06 PM

You may have to go to Wikipedia or YouTube for that.  ;)

#8 launchpad67a

launchpad67a

Armchair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist

• 4228 posts
  • Interests:Professional musician, web designer, sound engineer, studio owner, licensed pyrotechnician.
    I am also an avid golfer, drinker and smoker.

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:29 AM

Type your search in the bar, then hit Enter.

#9 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26071 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

View Postlaunchpad67a, on 05 May 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

Type your search in the bar, then hit Enter.
I'm afraid that's a no go, but thanks anyway. :cheers:

#10 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2311 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

There isn't a little/lower case "i" (in a circle, I think) near the film title? That's "information." My problem is the button is pretty small, and it's easy to accidentally start or select the movie. On my Android app.

Or if you hover the mouse over the title, it doesn't pull forward and give you a down arrow? That's what my PC does . . .

#11 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26071 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:57 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 01 June 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

There isn't a little/lower case "i" (in a circle, I think) near the film title? That's "information." My problem is the button is pretty small, and it's easy to accidentally start or select the movie. On my Android app.

Or if you hover the mouse over the title, it doesn't pull forward and give you a down arrow? That's what my PC does . . .
My wife says when you start playing a movie click pause and info will appear. For what it's worth.

#12 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 22760 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 01 June 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

My wife says when you start playing a movie click pause and info will appear. For what it's worth.
Thanks, I’ll check it out!

I appreciate it.

:)

#13 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26071 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

View PostThe Cat 3, on 05 June 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 01 June 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

I appreciate it.

:)
Let me know how it went. :scared:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users