The MOST Important Poll You'll Ever Vote In On TRF

Lorraine

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat your pizza crusts?

Do you eat pizza crusts?

I love them.

I've known too many who just push them to the side and don't eat them.

Countless times in my life I've asked the question "You don't like the crust??????"

So, I ask you, do YOU eat pizza crusts or not?

All crust, all of the time.

Even with reheated pizza.

I live in an Italian town so I have a dozen or so choices of excellent restaurants / pizza places to choose from. I had pizza and a salad last night !!!

No commercial pizza for me.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

if it's good crust, yes. but if it's run of the mill commercial pizza, no. Those are just empty carbs.

But I must admit I had Little Caesars new pizza with the asiago cheese on the crust the other day and it was pretty decent.

First and foremost, I'm a sauce guy followed by pepperoni.

• Like 2

Yes! I love the crust. To Hemi’s point, in the previous post- true, not all crusts are created equal, for sure. Some are much more rewarding than others. But I am an equal opportunity crust-muncher! Yum.
  • Like 2

I challenge you pizza eaters who SAY no to commercial pizza. If I put a commercial pizza with the toppings of your choice in front of you, there’s no way in hell you’d walk away. That’s the power of pizza to a pizza eater!
  • Like 3

It depends. If it's a standard round pizza, Rocky gets the crusts.

But if it's a "fried crust pizza" like a Detroit Style square pizza, that crust is going INTO MA BELLY!

• Like 2

Speaking as a former employee for a very popular US chain of pizza restaurants-

Eating the crust is a good move when the crust is a high quality dough. I don't eat the crusts of frozen pizzas if they're "knarly" or just unpalatable.

There are quality differences in pizzas, a way to self- educate about the topic is to make pizza at home for dinner and learn each step. Will definitely illuminate anyone as to the inner working of a pizza parlor.

• Like 3

Hot yes, cold usually not.

Does the casserole you call pizza even come with crust?

Yep, and unlike the cheese and crackers you erroneously believe to be pizza, it's so much more, not just cardboard with a little bit of cheese.

• Like 1

All of the time! :LOL:

Although I must say, "the point" is always the tastiest! :P Gotta start at "the point" and work your way up to the crust!

• Like 3

most of time i do, unless im eating red baron. their crusts are dry as hell. my dogs don't care though!
  • Like 2