OZZY OSBOURNE JAKE E. LEE ERA ALBUM POLL BLAST OFF! "BARK AT THE MOON" V. "THE ULTIMATE SIN!" Rock And Roll Rebel Secret Loser!

RUSHHEAD666

OZZY N JAKE Sitting By A Lake Writing Two Masterpieces Together......  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ozzy Osbourne/Jake E. Lee Record Do You Fuckking Love The BEST????????? "I LOVE YOU ALL!" JAKE RULES!!!!! F IT!

• "BARK AT THE MOON"
    • "THE ULTIMATE SIN"

"HYDRA" up next!!

Then movie time!!!

What thread is this? LOL!!

Oh good it's mine!!!!

I CAN HIJACK IT!!!

FUCKKK FORUM ETTIQUE! HAHAHAHA!!!!

No one can get mad at me then!! Uptight Rush Fans suck.

LOL!

I'm IN LOVE PAT!

It's ok though. I can't even see her yet.

She's amazing.

She's 5'1''

I'm 6'2''

Thank goodness.

If she puts on 7 inch heels I will have to knock her off her feet.

"DO YOU LOVE ME?"

KISS!!

Earl...

Hot in the Shade or Made in the Shade?

Hahaha! Not a fan of "Hot In The Shade" mate.

• Like 1

I will take "Made In The Shade" but we all have "Freewill."

No one has it made in the shade.

All we can do is hope.

If I get the chance for a second true romance.

To fall in love again, I will go for it.

If I get a chance to retire in 3 years?

I will do it.

BUT!!!

It's just a "Ghost Of A Chance" mate.

No one has a crystal ball.

We must take it day by day and live the best we can......................

• Like 1

I don't know. I voted for the Ultimate Sin as my album of 40 from 1986 in the THE YEAR © ℗®™ 1967-1990 25 Part poll series, so that's got to count for something hasn't it?

I notice Earl didn't vote in any of the THE YEAR © ℗®™ polls because he only votes in his own polls these days! :P And it's too late to vote now because we completed the series in Part 25 with all 24 Year winners pitted against each other in a poll of polls. Earl's just a rank amateur when it comes to doing polls. :smoke:

HAHAHA! Oh Pat, you are a brother to me.

I've been spending a lot of time with my new woman.

I promise you I will explore the forum and go for your polls.

Lots going on mate.

Mostly good not negative, but I actually have to work more with my dad on lockdown with my mom.

I am being responsible. Not staying up till 3 am typing about how much I love ACCEPT or WHITE LION! LOL!!!

Love you dude!!!

What the olive oil company Earl??

Oh Pat!

Don't make me sad!

I created the name of the company... "Bella Luna Foods Inc."

I designed the olive oil label too!

It was a very simple logo.

I put a black olive tree in front of an orange harvest moon.

It was a knock out Pat.

The oil came from Sardinia.

The bottle was sexy too. Glass bottle that looked like a ribbed dildo.

Sex sells Pat.

It was a goldmine hit.

But my fuckking brother wasn't into it. He was the salesman.

My buddy Jeff and I should have sold the oil.

Here is some rock and roll trivia for you.

So Jeff Harper is one of my best friends.

He worked for us during the olive oil years and in distribution.

So get this....

Jeff Harper was the lead singer in CITY KIDD.

Sacramento California.

Then CITY KIDD hired Frank Hannon.

Brian Wheat the bassist of course found him.

My buddy Jeff quit CITY KIDD to tour with some band in Japan. It failed.

So Frank and Brian and Troy hired Jeff Keith.

They formed TESLA DUDE!!!!!

I have many stories.

I was backstage with TESLA many times Pat.

I was part of the TESLA family for a bit.

Y&T used to open for TESLA.

I was really in the family Pat.

Those were the fuckking days.

Happily married.

My parents and Wendy's mom watching the girls so we could party and rock.

Pat,

I should write a book.

No one would read it.

I was happily married with little girls and partying like a rock star.

It can happen!!

"GOODBYE GIRL" by TOTO is playing on my stereo PAT! TOTO MODE!

"Must be in the way that she cries!"

I love that Lorraine thinks I should try and get back with Wendy, but there is no way in HELL.

The good times outweighed the shitty times.

So I will take it.

Come on Pat.

As BOSTON would say...

"DON'T LOOK BACK!"

Life is all about success and failure.

You are typing to just one dude in the billions of humans who has made it.

Failed.

Made it.

Failed.

MADE IT!!!

I am nothing to anyone else, but what a fuckking ride baby. I am still holding on to that rail bar on that Magic Mountain rollercoaster.

"I WANT IT ALL I WANT IT NOW!!"

I want Carly Pat!!!

Cheers!!!

Movie time!!!

Earl what do you think of the Rolling Stones? I'm starting to get into them after all this time. Up to now I haven't ever bought a Stones album but now I have 60 album targets ready!

I saw your poll about the Rolling Stones Pat.

I do love The Rolling Stones.

I saw them three times in my life.

They are Legends.

It's very rare for me to get into a Stones Phase. Like The Beatles.

But it does happen Pat.

If my memory serves me correctly some are telling you to get HOT ROCKS and that second HOT ROCKS 2 HITS.

Rolling Stones Greatest Hits and Beatles Hits Albums SUCK ASS!!!!

JMO

Rolling Stones and Beatles are "FULL ALBUM BANDS!" JMO

I have everything by the Stones Pat. Beatles too.

It just takes time Pat.

As I type to you tonight on my 5th Blue Moon beer, fuckk it.

Boring bands.

But if you get in that mode.....

It's great.

Like,,,,

I just watched the Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus on blu-ray.

Great shit.

The Who killed it.

I think Lennon is in there too with Clapton and that screaming piece of shit banshee Yoko OH NO????

Whatever.

You have to be in a certain mood.

Just like me THE WHO PAT!

Give me all the Pete Townshend solo albums!!!!

Ahhh, The Stones......

Again, and I mean no disrespect to any Rush Forum Members.

But man, Greatest Hits Albums belong in the fuckingg toilet of no return. FLUSH THAT SHIT!

I think PUPPETKING had a saying in his avatar... "Greatest hits are for soccer moms." He fuckking nailed it Pat. Take it from me I married a soccer mom, and took her all over North America for RUSH. 20 fuckking years Pat.

Taking my ex wife to RUSH.

Never complained.

Never said no.

Why Why ZEE????

Because of the hotels, restaurants, bars, shopping, hot sex.

Maybe I should write a book.

My entire life since 2006 is on here.

I remember little Zoe was in the backseat of my SUV as I pulled off the freeway and I was suddenly behind Neil Peart's tour bus!

What are the fuckking odds Pat?

Zoe was freaking out.

I was following the bus up to the Concord Pavilion.

I called Nobody's Hero! Remember her Pat? Cindy from Colorado. We met at Red Rocks for RUSH twice.

Perhaps I could write a fuckking book.

If I put RUSH in the title may 21.12 people will read it. lol!!!!

Fukkk it Pat.

I'm watching a movie and going to bed.

I love my new girl.

I hope I can meet her this summer.

Yeah but I want some greatest hits albums because once I have all the studio albums and live albums I'll still need many more Stones artefacts to get my hands on and the greatest hits albums will serve this purpose. And some are required anyway like Flowers and Metamorphosis and Through the Glass Darkly. Also I love the giant ape on the GRRR! cover and it has new studio tracks and so does Forty Licks! And HONK has a live disc. So you see I need those record company cash-in albums just as much because I wouldn't feel like a proper new fan of the band unless I'd allowed myself to be exploited!

I will take "Made In The Shade" but we all have "Freewill."

No one has it made in the shade.

All we can do is hope.

If I get the chance for a second true romance.

To fall in love again, I will go for it.

If I get a chance to retire in 3 years?

I will do it.

BUT!!!

It's just a "Ghost Of A Chance" mate.

No one has a crystal ball.

We must take it day by day and live the best we can......................

Hot in the Shade is the weak link of the KISS 80's albums.

"HYDRA" up next!!

Then movie time!!!

Oh good it's mine!!!!

I CAN HIJACK IT!!!

LOL!

I'm IN LOVE PAT!

She's amazing.

She's 5'1''

I'm 6'2''

Thank goodness.

"DO YOU LOVE ME?"

KISS!!

Earl...

It's a turkey!

• Like 1

They're pretty close, but I have to go with Bark at the Moon for sentimental reasons. I saw him on that tour, backed by UFO. Great show.

I was lucky enough to see him on both those tours, 3 shows in all. :hail:

You lucky basted.

I was talking to a very good friend of mine today.

He saw the Bark and Sin Tours here in the Bay Area.

He's only two years older than me.

Fuckking working at Safeway back in 1985 really f***ed me, but I made great money. Oh the irony. I had enough money to see DIO and ACCEPT front row, but I couldn't go because I worked every weekend of my life in reality.

3 pm to MIDNIGHT!

FUCKK PAT! FUKKK My FRIENDS!

I was truly "LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT" in my youth.

Yeah, in a Safeway parking lot. Throwing the frisbee. Drinking lots of beer and cranking RUSH.

It's life!

I'm going to put on "Bark At The Moon" tomorrow and see. I don't think it's better than "The Ultimate Sin" but it is a masterpiece.

Coincidentally there used to be a Safeway warehouse across the canal from the School I used to go to back in the mid to late 70's, St Joseph's. I used to see the big Safeway trucks going out when I was on the playground at lunch or whatever. Maybe one of your pals was driving Earl? I think Safeway went bust a few years ago in the UK and got taken over by a competitor, I think it was Morrisons that bought them out?

Wow Pat!

That's a great memory!

I was always in the store mate. Never with the truck driving union.

I spent 16 years at Safeway Pat.

They were the Heyday. Seriously. 1985-2001. I actually got a letter today from the UNION. I will get a pension someday Pat! It won't be a lot but it will cover my beer expense for life. LOL!!!!

Safeway is still huge here but it is all a clusterfuck. Not sure what they did in the UK but Albertson's bought out Safeway over here like 4 years ago.

My best friend Nick was in the produce management section. Non Union. They fired him.

They cut benefits and lowered wages. Evil company now.

It's kind of ironic Pat. My best friend Nick works for Earl's Organic Produce in San Francisco.

Oh and this is probably the first time on the forum that I mentioned my best friend Nick.

We partied so much in the 80's, 90's.

But just for you Pat.

My best friend's favorite band is JUDAS FUCKKING PRIEST!

I saw "Painkiller" with him!

Well he must be a great guy then with good taste!

Thank you my brother.

I am very lucky! We met at Safeway like 38 years ago! He is amazing Pat. Still happily married with three sons. They love me like a dad.

Oh Pat, time flies by so fast regardless of lockdowns and life.

For me it's like when I was in school. Always looking at the clock. Hoping for 3 PM. It seemed like forever.

But what?

Like a flash of light, I have been out of college now for 25 years. WTF?

Earl I don't get why you're not a big Beatles fan, they seem right up your street. Is it because they're too popular?

I put them song against song and it was a 4-4 draw. So I counted the extra song and Shot in the Dark sealed the win over Slow Down. I feel that looking at the two song lists The Ultimate Sin is more consistent, there's no bad songs. Bark at the Moon has some classics like the title track, Rock 'n' Roll Rebel, Forever (Journey to the Centre of Enternity), Waiting for Darkness and Spiders is good too, but there's some clunkers like Slow Down and So Tired, You're No Different and Now You See it (Now You Don't) are pretty good but not great. So overall my vote goes to The Ultimate Sin.
  • Like 1

Ultimate Sin.

I always felt something was missing with Bark At The Moon. It's a good album but I always feel like it's missing a certain spark because it's the album that followed Randy's death. The spark was certainly back on Ultimate Sin though. Shot In The Dark is the song that introduced metal to me, so I will always be partial to that one. Killer Of Giants rules all too.

J!!

YOU NAILED IT!!! I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! CAPS ON!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

It lacked a spark. Nothing wrong with the synth era but I wanted more guitars on that record!!!! it was odd that the UK version had "Spiders" as a different track!!!

Totally agree with both of you!

The Ultimate Sin is just a wall-to-wall great, flashy ‘80s metal album. I still have the LP that I bought when it was new. Also, I don’t think I’ve listened to it since about 1992! So I need to fix that. I may go on a solo Ozzy run.

• Like 2

"HYDRA" up next!!

Then movie time!!!

Oh good it's mine!!!!

I CAN HIJACK IT!!!

LOL!

I'm IN LOVE PAT!

She's amazing.

She's 5'1''

I'm 6'2''

Thank goodness.

"DO YOU LOVE ME?"

KISS!!

Earl...

It's a turkey!

HAHAHA!

It's the turkey in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! SHITE!

They're pretty close, but I have to go with Bark at the Moon for sentimental reasons. I saw him on that tour, backed by UFO. Great show.

I was lucky enough to see him on both those tours, 3 shows in all. :hail:

You lucky basted.

I was talking to a very good friend of mine today.

He saw the Bark and Sin Tours here in the Bay Area.

He's only two years older than me.

Fuckking working at Safeway back in 1985 really f***ed me, but I made great money. Oh the irony. I had enough money to see DIO and ACCEPT front row, but I couldn't go because I worked every weekend of my life in reality.

3 pm to MIDNIGHT!

FUCKK PAT! FUKKK My FRIENDS!

I was truly "LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT" in my youth.

Yeah, in a Safeway parking lot. Throwing the frisbee. Drinking lots of beer and cranking RUSH.

It's life!

I'm going to put on "Bark At The Moon" tomorrow and see. I don't think it's better than "The Ultimate Sin" but it is a masterpiece.

Coincidentally there used to be a Safeway warehouse across the canal from the School I used to go to back in the mid to late 70's, St Joseph's. I used to see the big Safeway trucks going out when I was on the playground at lunch or whatever. Maybe one of your pals was driving Earl? I think Safeway went bust a few years ago in the UK and got taken over by a competitor, I think it was Morrisons that bought them out?

Wow Pat!

That's a great memory!

I was always in the store mate. Never with the truck driving union.

I spent 16 years at Safeway Pat.

They were the Heyday. Seriously. 1985-2001. I actually got a letter today from the UNION. I will get a pension someday Pat! It won't be a lot but it will cover my beer expense for life. LOL!!!!

Safeway is still huge here but it is all a clusterfuck. Not sure what they did in the UK but Albertson's bought out Safeway over here like 4 years ago.

My best friend Nick was in the produce management section. Non Union. They fired him.

They cut benefits and lowered wages. Evil company now.

It's kind of ironic Pat. My best friend Nick works for Earl's Organic Produce in San Francisco.

Oh and this is probably the first time on the forum that I mentioned my best friend Nick.

We partied so much in the 80's, 90's.

But just for you Pat.

My best friend's favorite band is JUDAS FUCKKING PRIEST!

I saw "Painkiller" with him!

Well he must be a great guy then with good taste!

Thank you my brother.

I am very lucky! We met at Safeway like 38 years ago! He is amazing Pat. Still happily married with three sons. They love me like a dad.

Oh Pat, time flies by so fast regardless of lockdowns and life.

For me it's like when I was in school. Always looking at the clock. Hoping for 3 PM. It seemed like forever.

But what?

Like a flash of light, I have been out of college now for 25 years. WTF?

Earl I don't get why you're not a big Beatles fan, they seem right up your street. Is it because they're too popular?

Wait! Pat!

I don't know what I said to make you think that! I LOVE THE BEATLES!!!!! My cd collection would blow you away!!

I was in a cool three piece band back in the late 80's 90's. We covered "Happy Birthday" by the Beatles but we did it with a progressive rock flair. Of course being a Neil clone I had a lot of fun changing things up!!

PAT!

I LOVE THE BEATLES!!!!

Just get rid of YOKO ONO!!!!!

• Like 2

Ultimate Sin.

I always felt something was missing with Bark At The Moon. It's a good album but I always feel like it's missing a certain spark because it's the album that followed Randy's death. The spark was certainly back on Ultimate Sin though. Shot In The Dark is the song that introduced metal to me, so I will always be partial to that one. Killer Of Giants rules all too.

J!!

It lacked a spark. Nothing wrong with the synth era but I wanted more guitars on that record!!!! it was odd that the UK version had "Spiders" as a different track!!!

The Ultimate Sin is just a wall-to-wall great, flashy ‘80s metal album. I still have the LP that I bought when it was new. Also, I don’t think I’ve listened to it since about 1992! So I need to fix that. I may go on a solo Ozzy run.

HAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE IT!!!

This is why I LOVE THIS FORUM SO MUCH!!!!! EVEN IF I ANNOY PEOPLE ON HERE! Someone has to!!! LOL!

I LOVE GOING ON RUNS!!

I'm on a serious U.K. run tonight!

Signed,

"Danger Money"

OZZY RULES!!

• Like 2

Ultimate Sin.

J!!

HAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE IT!!!

This is why I LOVE THIS FORUM SO MUCH!!!!! EVEN IF I ANNOY PEOPLE ON HERE! Someone has to!!! LOL!

I LOVE GOING ON RUNS!!

Signed,

"Danger Money"

OZZY RULES!!

And I did, I started my Ozzy run this morning! Blizzard is done and I’m on Diary right now.

• Like 1

Ultimate Sin.

J!!

HAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE IT!!!

I LOVE GOING ON RUNS!!

Signed,

"Danger Money"

OZZY RULES!!

And I did, I started my Ozzy run this morning! Blizzard is done and I’m on Diary right now.

Spoiler alert J. While they all have something to enjoy, it’s downhill from where you are now.

• Like 1

Ultimate Sin.

J!!

HAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE IT!!!

I LOVE GOING ON RUNS!!

Signed,

"Danger Money"

OZZY RULES!!

Spoiler alert J. While they all have something to enjoy, it’s downhill from where you are now.

I get what you’re saying...I think the precipitous downhill really occurred after No Rest, like from No More Tears forward. But I’ll enjoy reliving them as I go through.

The Ultimate Sin I’m really looking forward to.

• Like 1

Why doesn't Dairy Queen provide an ice cream blizzard treat called Blizzard of Ozz as a tribute to Ozzy Osbourne?

I heard that they tried to do that. But once they realized they would have to do business with Sharon they decided to pass on it.

• Like 1

Why doesn't Dairy Queen provide an ice cream blizzard treat called Blizzard of Ozz as a tribute to Ozzy Osbourne?

I heard that they tried to do that. But once they realized they would have to do business with Sharon they decided to pass on it.

I don't think an upside-down chocolate crucifix in a flurry of creamy vanilla delight with sprinkles wouldn't go over well either.

I have a couple problems with Ultimate Sin that keep it from the upper echelon of Ozzy albums IMO.

First, the thin production has always bothered me. The drum sound has too much trebel and the bass is non-existent. Jake's guitar is fine, but it's the ONLY thing that sounds good. Bark doesn't have great production either, but it's fuller and better overall.

Second, some of the songs and choruses are just too cheesey for me to stomach. "You'll Never Know Why......We ROCK! ROCK! ROCK!" or "Rockin All Night, Rockin All Night.....Till the Lightning Strikes again". Ugh!!! Some of the most generic and embarassing moments of any Ozzy record.

But it has its good moments too. Secret Loser is superb and the gem of the album IMO. Title track is solid and Thank God For The Bomb is silly, but rocks (in a good way)!

• Like 1

I have a couple problems with Ultimate Sin that keep it from the upper echelon of Ozzy albums IMO.

First, the thin production has always bothered me. The drum sound has too much trebel and the bass is non-existent. Jake's guitar is fine, but it's the ONLY thing that sounds good. Bark doesn't have great production either, but it's fuller and better overall.

Second, some of the songs and choruses are just too cheesey for me to stomach. "You'll Never Know Why......We ROCK! ROCK! ROCK!" or "Rockin All Night, Rockin All Night.....Till the Lightning Strikes again". Ugh!!! Some of the most generic and embarassing moments of any Ozzy record.

But it has its good moments too. Secret Loser is superb and the gem of the album IMO. Title track is solid and Thank God For The Bomb is silly, but rocks (in a good way)!

Good points!

What was it with '80's bands an "We Rock" lyrics? Enough. You established that years before then. I do really love Thank God For The Bomb. But I'm gonna give it to Bark At The Moon.

I'm So Tired of all this shiite,

G'nite, y'all

Ozzy

I can remember purchasing Bark At The Moon and dashing home to play it; and as a moment in time, I've gone with this album..and deserves it even just for the title track.

Ultimate Sin is ok, but was a bit disappointed on first listen, and seldom play it. Shot In The Dark and Killer Of Giants still good though.