24 replies to this topic

#21 pjbear05

pjbear05

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4888 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:44 AM

Toojay's Deli, which operates 16 locations in South FL and another 14 statewide, filed for Chapter 11 protection today, citing loss of business due to the virus. I have been to 5 or 6 of them locally.  Outstanding sandwiches, great soups and main dishes, and bakery treats to die for.  An initial blueprint shows 2 of those 6 local locations, plus a location I was at in the Orlando area, as prime for permanent closing.
:facepalm: :( :boo hiss:

Sponsored Post

#22 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9805 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:52 AM

I havent tried take out yet....this weekend for sure.

#23 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 81277 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:02 PM

We got u-bake pizza tonight.  The cashier was wearing a mask, but no on else.  Gave me pause...

#24 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 35824 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

View Postgoose, on 19 May 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

We got u-bake pizza tonight.  The cashier was wearing a mask, but no on else.  Gave me pause...

We stopped getting take out from our favorite meat skewer spot down the block because the staff my wife was dealing with was maskless. It's a small place and there were only 2 staff so they're both cooking and working as the front door/cashier staff. We love the food there but Mrs.B was thinking and thinking. I told her we shouldn't order from there since she has legit concerns. She was surprised I could give up that restaurant so easily. Not sure if that's a compliment to my will power or a rip on my fatness :lol:

Side note: I'm thinking take out pizza tonight. :blaze:

#25 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11878 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:15 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 19 May 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 19 May 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

We stopped getting take out from our favorite meat skewer spot down the block because the staff my wife was dealing with was maskless. It's a small place and there were only 2 staff so they're both cooking and working as the front door/cashier staff. We love the food there but Mrs.B was thinking and thinking. I told her we shouldn't order from there since she has legit concerns. She was surprised I could give up that restaurant so easily. Not sure if that's a compliment to my will power or a rip on my fatness :lol:

Side note: I'm thinking take out pizza tonight. :blaze:

I'm hoping as things open backup around here that places use masks, and ask the customers to. (They are supposed to, but personal freedom etc.)    

They had a local drive in movie's opening on the news tonight (not a carry out, Iol but still) and the owner spent a long time explaining how everyone will have to wear a mask, there will be an empty space between each parked car, snack bar will be done all through text ordering and they will text people one at a time to pick up their food and only 2 people at a time in the restrooms.  I don't know if I would have thought of all of that as being necessary but I love that they thought the whole process through and are trying to make it safe for customers and workers at the same time. I'll be looking for "safer" places for awhile I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users