Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd

treeduck

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you prefer, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Pink Floyd
    • I don't like either band

This is hard. Zeppelin don’t have a record I love as much as Animals or Dark Side Of The Moon, but Floyd don’t have anything else I’ve heard to compare to Zoso, Physical Graffiti, and Zep II. I think generally I prefer Zeppelin but Floyd always have the potential to win me over on any given release.
  • Like 1

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd seem to be the most popular bands on TRF as well as RUSH, but which is the most popular of the two? Which of them would you rather listen to?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5nc3zPek9hg/TVtlxfewQKI/AAAAAAAAATA/Kh3OIQRnDUY/s1600/SILVER-SURFER-VS-THOR.jpg

That's right, Surfer wins.

That is, Floyd. You know what I'm saying.

:blaze:

• Like 2

Zeppelin for me.

Love both like most of you.

I vote for zep because of their impossible to describe misty vibe and they knew when to call it quits.

all zep rips up to and including coda. after the wall , i passed on floyd myself.

• Like 1

I love both bands. Impossible to choose. I flipped a coin. Floyd won.

For what it's worth, my "top tier" favorite bands are: Rush, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Yes, Porcupine Tree, Tool

(with Zappa, The Who, Kings X, Genesis, Opeth, Chili Peppers, Van Halen, Grateful Dead, Alice in Chains, Jethro Tull, and Peter Gabriel rounding out tier 2)

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd seem to be the most popular bands on TRF as well as RUSH, but which is the most popular of the two? Which of them would you rather listen to?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5nc3zPek9hg/TVtlxfewQKI/AAAAAAAAATA/Kh3OIQRnDUY/s1600/SILVER-SURFER-VS-THOR.jpg

#4! great cover

• Like 2

Floyd.

I love Zep, but they get over their heads a few times. Sometimes it sounds like the song is too difficult for them to play. And Plant can’t turn the hollerin’ off. The band was incredible though.

Floyd struggle in the rhythm department. Mason just wasn’t that spectacular, but he fit in that band perfectly. Floyd felt no need to blast through anything. Laid back and solid. Great lyrics, and Gilmour/Waters was absolutely genius when in sync.

• Like 2

#4! great cover

Right on the money! :clap:

Two interesting, powerhouse, godlike bands whose abilities are out of this world.

I've always had an issue with Pink Floyd's vocals and vocal melodies in that there isn't much melody. They kind of remind me of Dire Straits, talking instead of singing for a lot of the time.

I've always had an issue with Pink Floyd's vocals and vocal melodies in that there isn't much melody. They kind of remind me of Dire Straits, talking instead of singing for a lot of the time.

Floyd have very slow songs harmonically speaking. Even when the pulse is quicker the chords won’t change any faster than normal. I think Floyd aren’t guilty of talking in songs so much as just singing very slow and atmospheric melodies.

Floyd have very slow songs harmonically speaking. Even when the pulse is quicker the chords won’t change any faster than normal. I think Floyd aren’t guilty of talking in songs so much as just singing very slow and atmospheric melodies.

Too slow.