I interviewed Stewart Copeland!

Another dream come true...here's an interview I did with Stewart Copeland of The Police. Around the 38 minute mark, he talks about his friendship with Neil, attending a Rush concert and his opinion about the band. The whole interview is full of amazing quotes by Stewart, and lots of information on The Police, Guizmodrome, Oysterhead and many of his endeavours: https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-stewart-copeland/
  • Like 17

That’s awesome Rod!

Congratulations, that is pretty darn impressive.

What impressed you most about him as a result of the interview.

Are you a big Police fan?

Thanks! I'm a big Police fan, and this interview was not offered to our website, I actually pursued it. I've been trying to interview him since 2018, and it finally happened. What impressed me the most is how he acts like he doesn't care what you're going to think of him, he speaks his mind unashamedly. Also, how eloquent he is, compared to your average rock star. He was very gracious, and answered to all my questions with a lot of patience. It really was a dream come true to talk to him, and since I interviewed Andy already, now there's only Sting left for the trilogy to be complete!!!

• Like 4

That was an awesome interview! I had no idea he was such a colorful personality. He was so comfortable with you! Had you met him before or interviewed him before?

It was fun hearing what a relaxed good time he has with Oysterhead! He has so many artistic projects going! I had to laugh when he talked about how "easy" lead guitar was compared to being on the drums. I also like what he said about Roxanne and Message In A Bottle; can't remember the exact words but something about it takes listening to a song for a lifetime to develop a true love for it.

Great job and great interview! :heart:

• Like 3

That was an awesome interview! I had no idea he was such a colorful personality. He was so comfortable with you! Had you met him before or interviewed him before?

It was fun hearing what a relaxed good time he has with Oysterhead! He has so many artistic projects going! I had to laugh when he talked about how "easy" lead guitar was compared to being on the drums. I also like what he said about Roxanne and Message In A Bottle; can't remember the exact words but something about it takes listening to a song for a lifetime to develop a true love for it.

Thanks! I never met him, I guess I made him comfortable! :sundog:

• Like 1

Rod are you going to vote in THE YEAR © ℗®™ polls?

• Like 1

If you share this interview in your social media, I will. Send me evidence of that and I'll vote!!!

• Like 1

If you share this interview in your social media, I will. Send me evidence of that and I'll vote!!!

f**k that! :LOL: :smoke:

Stewart Copeland likes to admit that his gong is bigger than Neil Peart's.

Check it out below around the 31:36 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTfu9PuHKqU

"You were singing in tune, but you weren't singing with me". F*CK YOU, Sting!!!!

I shared your interview in a FB group I am in for people that love 80's music! It's gotten 7 likes and loves so far. :)

• Like 4

Thank you!!!! I usually listen to my interviews once after they're published just to see what I can improve, but I'm on my second listen of this one, and still in disbelief!!!
  • Like 1

I'm about half way through listening now. It's pretty interesting to hear him talk about how music can be done by anyone and that you don't need to be Eric Clapton to release music that's enjoyable. Everyone pretty much knows that already but it's pretty cool to hear it from Copeland, one of the all time great modern musicians.
  • Like 2

I'm about half way through listening now. It's pretty interesting to hear him talk about how music can be done by anyone and that you don't need to be Eric Clapton to release music that's enjoyable. Everyone pretty much knows that already but it's pretty cool to hear it from Copeland, one of the all time great modern musicians.

After we finish these interviews, I try to find a quote from the artist to put on the headline. Sometimes it's a painful effort, because they'll just say cookie cutter statements. In Stewart's case I had the opposite problem: he said so many cool things, that it was tough to settle on one sentence. Other favorites were: "writing an opera is the most fun a musician can have without being naked", "The Police were fake punks", "Sting could take up any minutes, and within ten minutes, something magical happens" etc. etc.

• Like 1

After we finish these interviews, I try to find a quote from the artist to put on the headline. Sometimes it's a painful effort, because they'll just say cookie cutter statements. In Stewart's case I had the opposite problem: he said so many cool things, that it was tough to settle on one sentence. Other favorites were: "writing an opera is the most fun a musician can have without being naked", "The Police were fake punks", "Sting could take up any minutes, and within ten minutes, something magical happens" etc. etc.

Yup. There were tons of interesting and amusing things he said.

I'd have to listen again but about Sting I thought he said, "Sting could take up any instrument, and within ten minutes, something magical happens."

Anyway, thanks for the cool interview :cheers: