Name Your Favourite Horror Flicks Of All Time

The Cat 3

One of my favourites is this one:

CalTWkY.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfor4WYlF5w

That had a stage show kind of vibe which just happened to be in the horror genre. Might've been the low budget but it worked anyway. There was one seen with Hutch being tossed into some shelves or something like that which looked like it was done with you and your pals plus a camcorder but hey, no complaints. Good movie.

Was that the scene where he comes back to his room and this guy pops up and chins him?

Maybe. I was trying to look for it but no such luck. It's been a few years since I saw the entire thing so there's the trouble

I don't think it's on youtube, or any scene like that. It could have been that scene where David Soul pushes the kid into the wall because he sees he's looking into the vampire's eyes, so he pushes him to snap him out of it?

I can't remember. Here's a nice scene anyway:

http://youtu.be/uHNO7w1xsQk

• Like 1

One of my favourites is this one:

CalTWkY.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfor4WYlF5w

That had a stage show kind of vibe which just happened to be in the horror genre. Might've been the low budget but it worked anyway. There was one seen with Hutch being tossed into some shelves or something like that which looked like it was done with you and your pals plus a camcorder but hey, no complaints. Good movie.

Was that the scene where he comes back to his room and this guy pops up and chins him?

Maybe. I was trying to look for it but no such luck. It's been a few years since I saw the entire thing so there's the trouble

I don't think it's on youtube, or any scene like that. It could have been that scene where David Soul pushes the kid into the wall because he sees he's looking into the vampire's eyes, so he pushes him to snap him out of it?

I can't remember. Here's a nice scene anyway:

http://youtu.be/uHNO7w1xsQk

Yeah that's good. There's a lot of good scenes in it. It builds up nicely then in the second half it's just great scary scene after scary scene.

Not a great fan of the genre as I don’t find many of them scary but:

Alien, The Exorcist, The Thing, It (2017 version), Poltergeist, The Omen, The Shining, Jaws, The Birds, The Fly (Jeff Goldblum), The Silence Of The Lambs, Seven, The Ring, An American Werewolf In London, Psycho.

A lot of genre bending there and I have missed some out.

• Like 1

Nightbreed

Event Horizon

Halloween (original)

Black Christmas

Sleepaway Camp

Scream 1-3

Nightmare On Elm Street

Candyman

Midsommar

The Wicker Man

The Omen

The Exorcist

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Burning

Martyrs

Sinister

An American Werewolf In London

Salem's Lot

Not a great fan of the genre as I don’t find many of them scary but:

Alien, The Exorcist, The Thing, It (2017 version), Poltergeist, The Omen, The Shining, Jaws, The Birds, The Fly (Jeff Goldblum), The Silence Of The Lambs, Seven, The Ring, An American Werewolf In London, Psycho.

A lot of genre bending there and I have missed some out.

All classics

I love horror films but I`ve never been frightened by any. I`m not able to immerse myself into believing what I`m seeing isn`t a film. However, as far as being unsettled and shocked, one always comes to mind - Martyrs, the French film from 2008.... that was pretty breath-taking, incredibly dark, and not for everyone.

I love horror films but I`ve never been frightened by any. I`m not able to immerse myself into believing what I`m seeing isn`t a film. However, as far as being unsettled and shocked, one always comes to mind - Martyrs, the French film from 2008.... that was pretty breath-taking, incredibly dark, and not for everyone.

I put that on my list. That film is next level.

• Like 1

I see you also like films that end with people burning in the midst of a fertility rite :fury:

I see you also like films that end with people burning in the midst of a fertility rite :fury:

I find the ideas and execution interesting, coming from a strict religious background with serious cult like traits, cult based horrors really intrigue me, as they play into my own personal fears and insecurities.

I find the ideas and execution interesting, coming from a strict religious background with serious cult like traits, cult based horrors really intrigue me, as they play into my own personal fears and insecurities.

My wife was brought up in a cult and I think they`re too close to home for her, even twenty years after she escaped! I liked Midsommar a bit more than Wicker Man but then I do prefer foreign films as a rule. Edited by IbanezJem

My wife was brought up in a cult and I think it

I hope she is ok. I've had to go for a lot of counselling since leaving.

Sorry for my careless keyboard skills... but she`s badly damaged if I`m honest. Has a lot of issues, psychologically, and has cut all her family from her life!

Sorry for my careless keyboard skills... but she`s badly damaged if I`m honest. Has a lot of issues, psychologically, and has cut all her family from her life!

Mine were Jehovah's Witnesses. Wish I could erase all that

Mine were Jehovah's Witnesses. Wish I could erase all that

Hers were Seventh Day Adventist. Sorry for your experiences if it was like hers. Doing the door-to-door stuff, real world being completely hidden. Dangerous bullshit. Any film where religious maniacs are exploited and come to grief, that makes a decent horror!

I basically don't watch horror films because I can't get them out of my head once I see them.

But I have seen The Birds, and that was okay, and within the past year I have seen Nosferatu, and that wasn't so bad either.

and Carrie! Let's not forget Sissy Spacek opening up a can of Whoopass!!! :fury: :blaze: :nya nya: :hi: You go, girl!

all that gory choppy stabby stuff - no thanks.

• Like 1

I bet Segue is a secret horror movie villain as a sideline. :fury:

But he wouldn’t be the hulking, scrambling slasher type. He’d be one of those villains who escapes capture. The police mistakenly pick up the wrong guy as he’s shown casually sipping cappuccino while donning his villainous trenchcoat. End credits. :LOL:

• Like 2

I basically don't watch horror films because I can't get them out of my head once I see them.

But I have seen The Birds, and that was okay, and within the past year I have seen Nosferatu, and that wasn't so bad either.

and Carrie! Let's not forget Sissy Spacek opening up a can of Whoopass!!! :fury: :blaze: :nya nya: :hi: You go, girl!

all that gory choppy stabby stuff - no thanks.

Don’t watch Wolf Creek

I bet Segue is a secret horror movie villain as a sideline. :fury:

But he wouldn’t be the hulking, scrambling slasher type. He’d be one of those villains who escapes capture. The police mistakenly pick up the wrong guy as he’s shown casually sipping cappuccino while donning his villainous trenchcoat. End credits. :LOL:

Aye!