Weekend Plans?

HemiBeers

No, just hanging around the house. Need to get grocries, will combine that with a run to the market that stocks my Kosher Coke - Karen is developing a taste for it now.
  • Like 1

Just hanging out at home. I didn't even think to order a ham, so it looks like we are having chicken for Easter. I plan on pigging out on some really good cinnamon rolls while maybe watching online church.
  • Like 2

Just hanging out at home. I didn't even think to order a ham, so it looks like we are having chicken for Easter. I plan on pigging out on some really good cinnamon rolls while maybe watching online church.

At least chickens actually lay eggs. Bunnies and Pigs don't. I'll always wonder how Easter eggs came to be associated with a bunny. :huh:

• Like 3

At least chickens actually lay eggs. Bunnies and Pigs don't. I'll always wonder how Easter eggs came to be associated with a bunny. :huh:

At the risk of being Mr. Literal Teacher Guy, eggs and bunnies are both associated with fertility; "Easter" is built on the remains of Oestre, a pagan goddess of fertility and Spring.

The weather is gonna be cold and rainy here, so we'll probably just stay close to home. Yeah, that's the ticket.

• Like 2

Building a new PC.

The old one is hosed. A 2010 era AMD CPU and MOBO with 2007 soundcard and NIC, with other bits hacked and upgraded over the years. MOBO is finally crapping out...many errors and reboots. Definitely the board. So time for all new.

AMD Ryzen 7, 64gb RAM, going to run LINUX full time. Have all the parts and the new case in the garage.

Edited by grep
  • Like 4

Building a new PC.

The old one is hosed. A 2010 era AMD CPU and MOBO with 2007 soundcard and NIC, with other bits hacked and upgraded over the years. MOBO is finally crapping out...many errors and reboots. Definitely the board. So time for all new.

AMD Ryzen 7, 64gb RAM, going to run LINUX full time. Have all the parts and the new case in the garage.

AMD makes some good stuff. Sounds like a good weekend project. You may have already seen this but if not, here's an article about their newest and fastest version and how fast it went while seriously overclocked. Check out the coolant

Personally, I have no plans for anything out of the ordinary. Laundry, groceries, Netflix, and working around the yard.

• Like 3

[There’s no lockdown here]

Saturday: a long early morning urban walk with the dog (just finished), loooooong afternoon bike ride with Mrs.B

Sunday: yoga (will be my first time in about a decade), D&D via Skype with a local buddy (very recently just started this up again after 33 years), thinking about some experimental cooking maybe involving lasagna

• Like 2

Listening to this lot of 54 records my dad's friend from work gifted me! :7up:

That’s a helluva score :hail:

He was willing to give me more. They had all been in his mom’s record collection, but they’d passed on to him and he didn’t want them anymore. He let me look through and pick out which ones I wanted. There were probably over 300 records there, maybe more. I left a lot of great ones too that I already had copies of. His mom’s collection had a ton of variety, everything from John Denver to Def Leppard! I posted a full list of the records in the new music thread.

• Like 2

He was willing to give me more. They had all been in his mom’s record collection, but they’d passed on to him and he didn’t want them anymore. He let me look through and pick out which ones I wanted. There were probably over 300 records there, maybe more. I left a lot of great ones too that I already had copies of. His mom’s collection had a ton of variety, everything from John Denver to Def Leppard! I posted a full list of the records in the new music thread.

Okay I just saw the list. Tons of good & great stuff in there but getting PF’s Animals and Tull’s Minstrel in the Gallery is like getting a million dollars! Two million dollars!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

Okay I just saw the list. Tons of good & great stuff in there but getting PF’s Animals and Tull’s Minstrel in the Gallery is like getting a million dollars! Two million dollars!

I know right! I was shocked when I saw those hiding in the stacks!

• Like 1

I’d give a present to the guy you got the albums from. Something awesome like toilet paper! :P

Really though, I would give him some kind of gift of gratitude

• Like 1

I’d give a present to the guy you got the albums from. Something awesome like toilet paper! :P

Really though, I would give him some kind of gift of gratitude

I should, you're right!

• Like 2

And as it turns out half the things I ordered I’m not going to be able to get. Plus they charge $10 for this lovely service. So it’s cheaper for me to risk myself and others by just going into the store. Which of course is just stupid.