Let's get FUNKY!!!

Texas King

How about Brecker Brothers having some fun :7up:

I had never heard that before...nice!

two of the most profilic studio horn players. their discography is a whos who of great players. michael in particular. he played my college on the late 80s. as a huge steely dan fan i am happy to have been there.

Oh yeah, I know who the Brecker brothers were/are- I just meant I hadn’t ever heard that tune before.

• Like 2

How about Brecker Brothers having some fun :7up:

I had never heard that before...nice!

two of the most profilic studio horn players. their discography is a whos who of great players. michael in particular. he played my college on the late 80s. as a huge steely dan fan i am happy to have been there.

Oh yeah, I know who the Brecker brothers were/are- I just meant I hadn’t ever heard that tune before.

good deal

they also recorded with rick james. i have a greatest hits with some extended versions that feature them.

• Like 1

I discovered this song at the beginning of the Huey Lewis And the News ‎– The Heart of Rock 'N' Roll concert film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZIMZqhX0jE

In the film, it's an intertwined juxtaposition of an impromptu backstage jam of 'Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now' from Tower of Power and the News with an onstage vocal performance of the 'Star-Spangled Banner' that begins the concert.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

I discovered this song at the beginning of the Huey Lewis And the News ‎– The Heart of Rock 'N' Roll concert film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZIMZqhX0jE

In the film, it's an intertwined juxtaposition of an impromptu backstage jam of 'Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now' from Tower of Power and the News with an onstage vocal performance of the 'Star-Spangled Banner' that begins the concert.

That is a tight band, hadn't heard that song by them before. Saw them in concert once, what a show! Funky for sure :7up:

Love that song. i love that photo too. too funny

Love it too, let's see if this video will work

A Dayton, Ohio original, right there. ;)

Same with the Ohio Players...Dayton was as important as Philadelphia was to soul and funk music in the mid ‘70s.

Love that song. i love that photo too. too funny

Love it too, let's see if this video will work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZ8gg8ffA4

A Dayton, Ohio original, right there. ;)

Same with the Ohio Players...Dayton was as important as Philadelphia was to soul and funk music in the mid ‘70s.

Ohio in general was a hotbed of funk. the video i posted here is lakeside who are from dayton. gonna dig up a few more funksters from ohio.

• Like 1