Dallas Cowboys leading the way in social distancing (meme thread)

driventotheedge

All I have to say is it must be hell being a Vikings fan. They must have a Bambino level curse on them but no one knows what they did to deserve it. Okay Randy Moss was an asshole, but still... Edited by Three Eyes
  • Like 1

While in Detroit, they have Bobby Layne to thank for it, even though it's been more than the fifty he predicted (traded to Pittsburgh two games into the 58-59 season).

The Los Angeles Orphans of SD only wish it was just a quarter century since they saw the Lombardi trophy from the other sideline. It was 94 actually ... I thought it was 89. Even I forgot that whooping by SF. Edited by Tinwoodsman

Boooo! Boooo! Boooo!

(and just to be that guy, their last winning season was two years ago; their last "title-winning season" would have been funnier)

For those of us that are NFL fans, yes. But we still get the point and love every second of it. My Cowpukes hatred runs extremely, extremely deep fueled almost entirely by the media's, namely ESPN and NFLN, incessant slobbering all over them when they've literally done nothing for 25 years.

Boooo! Boooo! Boooo!

(and just to be that guy, their last winning season was two years ago; their last "title-winning season" would have been funnier)

For those of us that are NFL fans, yes. But we still get the point and love every second of it. My Cowpukes hatred runs extremely, extremely deep fueled almost entirely by the media's, namely ESPN and NFLN, incessant slobbering all over them when they've literally done nothing for 25 years.

Done nothing?!? Do you realize that over the last twenty-three years, the Cowboys are three games over .500? Do you know how hard it is to be that evenly-keeled mediocre for that long? For a couple of years -- a decade at a push, but for more than twenty years? Matching every 13-3 season with a 3-13? Following up a hard-fought 8-8 with a lackluster 8-8? Listen, that kind of vanilla accomplishment is no easy feat!

• Like 2

Boooo! Boooo! Boooo!

Done nothing?!? Do you realize that over the last twenty-three years, the Cowboys are three games over .500? Do you know how hard it is to be that evenly-keeled mediocre for that long? For a couple of years -- a decade at a push, but for more than twenty years? Matching every 13-3 season with a 3-13? Following up a hard-fought 8-8 with a lackluster 8-8? Listen, that kind of vanilla accomplishment is no easy feat!

Fantastic man, absolutely fantastic post.

Boooo! Boooo! Boooo!

Fantastic man, absolutely fantastic post.

Don't forget our 3 years in a row at 5-11. That is NOT easy to do!

• Like 1

I wouldn't even wish that on the Cowboys. Brady/Belichick? Well....

In any event, it wasn't the Cowboys. It was a post-game interview between reporters and the head coach of a high school football team that had just won a championship game.

Original footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixMVuOslebI

Runaway cart decks high school coach

Dec 18, 2011

Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Seven people suffered minor injuries when a runaway electric cart raced unmanned from an end zone to midfield and plowed into them after a high school football playoff game in Texas.

The incident happened after Spring Dekaney beat Cibolo Steele, 34-14, to win the Texas 5A Division II football title at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington on Saturday night.

Of the seven treated for minor injuries at the stadium, one man with leg abrasions was taken to a nearby hospital for a precautionary examination, Arlington Fire Lt. Darrel Whitfield said Sunday.

The winning head coach was among those bowled over by the cart.

Separately, a Texas sports league official said a male staffer also was injured, not seriously, when the cart raced across field in a matter of seconds during onfield celebrations after the championship game. That official also declined identification.

The cart toppled Spring Dekaney coach Willie Amendola, who was being interviewed near the Cowboys midfield star logo with several other people clustered near him moments after the game. Hundreds of people were scattered about the field or were in the stands at the time.

Broadcast footage showed a stunned Amendola falling backwards into the cart's passenger seat as it continued rolling. He appeared to try in vain to gain control of the cart, spinning the steering wheel with his left hand, before rolling out onto the artificial turf. As he tumbled out, a pursuing field worker hopped aboard and stopped the cart quickly.

"We have a disturbance down the field. Apparently one of the carts on the field got loose and I think there have been some folks injured in this. Oh my! That's like a runaway cart there. And it finally took someone to stop it," a shaken announcer is heard commenting on air as the cart rolled and then stopped. "That's a scary thing."

Others were seen on the ground afterward as emergency personnel rushed up, including one man sprawled motionless while someone cradled his head. Nearby, others helped a visibly stunned man to his feet.

It was unclear why or how the cart began moving under its own power. Stadium workers were picking up fluorescent orange sideline yard markers and pylons in one of the end zones after the game when the cart unexpectedly took off.

During its race across the field, the cart appeared to roll over the legs of some of those onfield. Afterward, televised broadcasts showed Amendola conducting another interview with a small streak of blood on his left forearm.