Which Lightning Strikes song do you prefer?

treeduck

Which Lightning Strikes song do you like?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning Strikes but which one?

• Ozzy Osbourne - Lightning Strikes
    • Judas Priest - Lightning Strike
    • Dokken - Lightnin' Strikes Again
    • Aerosmith - Lightning Strikes

Fun Poll Pat. Funny, I instantly thought of the album "Lightning Strikes" by LOUDNESS!!!!

I need to think about this one......

Yeah I wanted to try and squeeze that in but they don't have a song, just the album title.

This is killing me. All four are great. Aerosmith being the weakest of the four. OZZY is great too. JAKE BABY!

The Priest song is EPIC, but I have to go with DOKKEN!! The end of this track is just brutal and it highlights some of Don's best vocals. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Like 4

Fun Poll Pat. Funny, I instantly thought of the album "Lightning Strikes" by LOUDNESS!!!!

Yeah I wanted to try and squeeze that in but they don't have a song, just the album title.

Exactly! Ok buddy I went with DOKKEN! I love that entire record!!! Masterpiece.

• Like 2

And Thin Lizzy have Thunder and Lightning but it's too different to the other song titles for this poll.

Edited by treeduck

And Thin Lizzy have Thunder and Lightning but it's too different to the other song titles for this poll.

That crossed my mind too. "Thunder and lightning, God Damn it's so exciting" Incredible song.

• Like 2

That crossed my mind too. "Thunder and lightning, God Damn it's so exciting" Incredible song.

If Phil Lynott had never died in 1986 and was still around and active in music, how many more Thin Lizzy albums would he have made? The line-up would most likely have been the three core members of Phil, Brian and Scott but who would the other guitar player be on all the other albums, or would there be several guys in that spot as there always was before?

This is killing me. All four are great. Aerosmith being the weakest of the four. OZZY is great too. JAKE BABY!

The Priest song is EPIC, but I have to go with DOKKEN!! The end of this track is just brutal and it highlights some of Don's best vocals. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's one of Dokken's heavier and faster songs!

• Like 1

I'm not really a metal guy, so picking a winner was more like a process of elimination. I did listen to all four songs in their entirety.

Right off the bat, Aerosmith without Perry and Whitford isn't Aerosmith, and that song is weak, so it's gone.

Dokken, to me, is typical hair metal (most of which I hate), and that song did nothing to transcend that, so it's gone. (sorry, Earl!)

I was never that into Ozzy, but he was interesting when Randy was there. He's not there on this one, and it sounds like typical hair metal era stuff, so it's gone.

That leaves Preist. Last man standing, yeah, but that song might have won anyway. It's a good tune. I heard a good chunk from that album, and you gotta give it to them, they're delivering solid stuff this late in their career. It sounds like Preist, but it doesn't sound like '80s leftovers.

• Like 1

It's one of Dokken's heavier and faster songs!

Yes Pat!!! The song RULES!!!

• Like 1