Hello, my name is John I'm 54, today I'm diving into Yes for the first time

JohnRogers

I am vaguely aware of Yes. Today for the first time I'm going to actually take a deep dive. I opened Amazon Music. I'll listen to The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge.

Yours Is No Disgrace, sounds familiar.

• Like 5

I am vaguely aware of Yes. Today for the first time I'm going to actually take a deep dive. I opened Amazon Music. I'll listen to The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge.

my favorite 3 yes ablums.

enjoy!

When I was a young kid in the 80's watching the video music channel, the only thing I knew of Yes at the time was 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart'.

Yup.

The Yes Album, Fragile, and Close To The Edge

All for the first time one right after the other.

If you have any chance of liking Yes you're about to have one of the greatest listening experiences of your life! :)

When I was a young kid in the 80's watching the video music channel, the only thing I knew of Yes at the time was 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart'.

tripping balls at that show

bought a sleeveless, pink muscle shirt that glows in the dark as proof

yessongs is where its at. an all time great live video performance. on amazon for free last i checked.

• Like 1

I should add that when I was young and viewed both the

video and another video titled
by an 80's Canadian new wave act called Images In Vogue; it freaked me out because of the spiders and snakes.

The Michael Jackson 'Thriller' video doesn't even come close to the above.

Also, I remember when Jon Anderson made a guest appearance in Lawrence Gowan's video for

in 1987. Anderson originally contributed background vocals to the song.

Then when classic rock radio started to take off in the late 80's, I heard 'Roundabout' on air and then delved into the Yes catalogue from there.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

I am vaguely aware of Yes. Today for the first time I'm going to actually take a deep dive.

You may love them, or you may like them, or you may not like them, but.....

.... I guarantee that at some point, you will wonder out loud, "What in God's name is he singing about?!" :laughing guy:

• Like 4

If you have any chance of liking Yes you're about to have one of the greatest listening experiences of your life! :)

That was good stuff and some tracks were familiar. What three albums do I tackle next?

I am vaguely aware of Yes. Today for the first time I'm going to actually take a deep dive.

.... I guarantee that at some point, you will wonder out loud, "What in God's name is he singing about?!" :laughing guy:

too funny. its all part of the madness.

close to the edge is about as good as it gets prog wise imo. fragile and the yes ablum are top notch as well. CTE has more bounce per ounce.....

i love those 3 records and 90125, otherwise i am luke warm.

That was good stuff and some tracks were familiar. What three albums do I tackle next?

Probably the least controversial choices to listen to next would be:

Going For The One

Relayer

if you want the most excessive proggy double album ever, try Tales From Topographic Oceans instead of one of the three above, and if you want more solid stuff from their classic period, try Drama, Tormato, and Big Generator.

• Like 1

They have a wide variety of types of music and no one album is very similar to another, imo. If you end up liking Tales From Topographic Oceans or especially Tormato, you'll be in the minority.

I like both! :)

Going for the One

Relayer

Tales from Topographic Oceans

• Like 3

Are you joking? I never know with you whether you are pulling our leg or not.

If you aren't joking, how comes it that you have suffered for decades from this deprivation?

Shame on you, John Rogers. :yes:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Going for the One

Relayer

Tales from Topographic Oceans

Exactly the next three that I suggest, too.

• Like 1

Especially if you're listening to Tales from Topographic Oceans.
  • Like 1