So how to you plan to stimulate?

HemiBeers

So what's your plans for your $1200 stimulus check?

I'm considering donating to the opposite political party. Not really practical, but I'm a sucker for irony.

We will be getting $3900, unless they somehow screw up and give us an extra 1500. I will be stimulating my savings account.

Or I could pay off my kia and get the Toyota Corola that I should have bought in the 1st place.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

We have work from home and plenty of food, so if I get one, I'm going to send it to my diabetic friend in Florida who works in a call center, so she can stay the f**k home and I'll stand a chance of seeing her again some day. Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 6

All kidding aside, I'll probably donate it either to charity or maybe help my kids pay some bills. My wife and I aren't loaded, but this won't affect us either way.

I really question the need for this right now since it doesn't directly contribute to a vaccine or cure. I get that it's really needed for people that live check to check (i was there), but people that earn more need to have their own savings to cover 3-4 months of expenses. This stimulus is like taking a sugar pill for cancer.

I'll stop with that before 7 gives me a :tsk: for getting too political.

I’ll use it to help pay my income tax bill. Oh joy.

I agree with HemiBeers, though. Other people need this money a lot more than I do. I think the 75K threshold is pretty high.

• Like 2

if you dont need it immediately, thats great and charity is always great.

normally, i would think about sticking it into a ira or maybe towards the principle of my mortgage

the number of americans with no savings is scary. even some of those that make alot of money tend to spend alot of money to maintain the appearances of money.

big hat , no cattle

even worse is those nearing retirement are taking in the pants with what they have invested.

i cant wait to stimulate the local pizzaria once this shit passes.

Edited by tangy
  • Like 1

All kidding aside, I'll probably donate it either to charity or maybe help my kids pay some bills. My wife and I aren't loaded, but this won't affect us either way.

I really question the need for this right now since it doesn't directly contribute to a vaccine or cure. I get that it's really needed for people that live check to check (i was there), but people that earn more need to have their own savings to cover 3-4 months of expenses. This stimulus is like taking a sugar pill for cancer.

This. Our kids are pretty good with their finances, but one works for a business that may not survive this. :(

• Like 3

This. Our kids are pretty good with their finances, but one works for a business that may not survive this. :(

yeah my stepdaughter is a teacher in arizona...and lives on shit for salary.

meanwhile, my son is a 24 year old 4 year community college drop-out and made more than I ever made in one year fixing leaky basements.

So much for the value of a post-secondary degree.

• Like 2

I'm getting stimulated? I must be getting old because I don't feel anything at all right now.

I think we're all on the other end of someone else's stimulation.

Bill Gates quote:

“It’s very tough to say to people, ‘Hey keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner, we want you to keep spending because there’s some politician that thinks GDP growth is what counts,’” Gates said. “It’s hard to tell people during an epidemic … that they should go about things knowing their activity is spreading this disease.”

Always liked Bill for keeping it real.

• Like 5

Car repairs probably and then what's left over give to Homeless Shelter. Wish I could do more but we are ordering from local restaurants in our area trying to keep them in business.
  • Like 4

yeah my stepdaughter is a teacher in arizona...and lives on shit for salary.

meanwhile, my son is a 24 year old 4 year community college drop-out and made more than I ever made in one year fixing leaky basements.

So much for the value of a post-secondary degree.

Well, there's one example, anyway . . .

I don't want to be told off for being political, either, but I'll just say that the point of money is to be spent -- it hasn't disappeared; it's just moved from one place to millions of other places . . . now it's somebody's credit card payment, or kid's subsidy, or divorce lawyer retainer!

• Like 2

I'm going to take out a full page ad in my newspaper, and it's going to read:

STOP THROWING MONEY AT THE PROBLEM!!

WetLargeBobcat-size_restricted.gif

;) ;)

• Like 3

Once this shelter in place business ends, look at new vehicles. Midsize SUV with adequate legroom for my lanky ass to comfortably drive. Right now 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe #1 in the running.
  • Like 1