Cabin Fever Will "Strike Like Lightning!" Lonnie Mack! This Is A Blues Rock Meltdown Poll. Frank Marino! Randy Hansen! Jimi Hendrix! Robin Trower!

RUSHHEAD666

A Super Badass Blues Thread Poll Way Past My Bedtime. I am Fucking Crazy! Guns N Roses? Sorry Slash! Covid 19 Time To Call In M*A*S*H  

9 members have voted

1. 1. So Many Amazing Blues Rock Guitar Players On The Earth! Some Have Passed On, But Will Remain Alive Forever! Name Your Favorite! Write One Down If It's Not On The List. No Poll Is Perfect. But The Blues Is A Perfect Art Form.

• Frank Marino
    • Randy Hansen
    • Robin Trower
    • Ronnie Montrose
    • Pat Travers
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Stevie Ray Vaughan
    • Albert King
    • Billy Gibbons
    • Eric Johnson
    • BB King
    • Eric Clapton
    • Chuck Berry
    • Robert Johnson
    • Lonnie Mack
    • Robert Cray
    • Buddy Guy
    • Carlos Santana
    • Roy Buchanan
    • Leslie West
    • Robben Ford
    • Kenny Wayne Sheppard
    • Albert Collins
    • Joe Bonamassa
    • Jeff Beck
    • Peter Green
    • Muddy Waters
    • Gary Moore
    • Jimmy Page
    • Duane Allman
    • John Lee Hooker
    • Brain May
    • Jeff Healey
    • Rory Gallagher
    • Walter Trout
    • David Gilmour
    • Warren Haynes
    • Johnny Winter
    • Mike Bloomfield
    • John Mayall

Pat Travers is up there too for me.

Seen him many times and actually had the balls to help Pat and his drummer out one night down the street from me at a little club called Bourbon Street. It was Heaven for guys. Saxon, Iron Maidens, Buckcherry, Lynch Mob, Quiet Riot, Y&T, Pat Travers, Blue Oyster Cult all played there over the years.

So before the Pat Travers Band was supposed to go on, the dickhead opening band's drummer took off his cymbals after they played. He didn't want Pat's drummer to play on them. So while they were all arguing there was a one hour delay. Everyone was getting annoyed so me, Mr. No Fear walked up to the little dressing room door and knocked on it.

Pat opened the door and looked up at me and said "may I help you?" And I said... "Pat! I am a huge fan of yours, I think you are incredible, I am here to help you out. I see that there is a scuffle over letting your drum play with the other drummer's cymbals. I live very close by and I'm a drummer too! I have an extra bag of many good cymbals and hi-hats. Your drummer can use them." Pat looked at me and said! "Wow! That is so kind of you! What's your name? He then told me he would sign anything for me and would give me a free shirt and a copy of his latest cd signed. I said, "Heck yes! I will be right back." He thanks me again and shook my hand.

So I raced home with a buddy of mine. Went into the garage and found my cymbal bag.

We raced back to the small venue, but it had seemed they had worked it all out. As we pulled into the parking lot I could hear "Life In London." I'm like... "FUKK they are playing my favorite song!!" So we raced inside and watched the gig.

After the show Pat was still so nice and gracious. He signed some stuff me, gave a shirt and a signed cd. We talked about rock and roll for a half hour! A GREAT GUY!!!

I LOVE PAT TRAVERS!!!

Great story

Here's a Pat Travers/Eddie Van Halen story to check out below, beginning at the 2:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asd9Pf8nw74

Dude!!! That story is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing!! Eddie Van Halen will always be my number one guitar player.

I was too damn young to go to that Day On The Green in Oakland! UGH!!