Look what I found on ebay just now... :O

YYZumbi

I just found this vinyl record on ebay. Rush Live In St. Catharines April 1974 vinyl record. I know it is a bootleg, but I wonder how the audio is, since the concert have been officially released on video. I have always wanted a audio release of this concert. I might buy it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSH-Live-In-St-Catharines-April-1974-LP-4-bonus-Not-Fade-Away-single-vinyl/373000049153?hash=item56d8891201:g:k98AAOSwrcZeXZYH

• Like 1

I try to think before I buy Rush stuff, "Will this make me happy?" (of course the answer is nearly always yes! :P. )

If it makes you happy then go with it. I don't have that vinyl so I don't know how the sound would be; I mean the audio set up was for playing in a high school auditorium so it's not gonna be great. I don't think anyone was doing fan taping back then so it might be that they got the audio from the Youtube video but if it makes you happy then do it. A gift to yourself! :).

• Like 2

I don't hate these type of things but I wouldn't spend too much money on it - it's more of a pirate recording than a bootleg. For under $20 I'm in but $30 + shipping nope. Allthe audio has been officially released. Now if this record would have popped up in the eighties - different story.
  • Like 2

Have at it (Or maybe you did) Looks like the page is missing.

That's been released officially and it sounds great. Any vinyl recording would have come from that so I don't know how it would sound any better. If it were a CD, it might interest me because then I could listened to it without firing up the DVD player.

In general though, I avoid stuff like this because I usually don't know how or where it's mastered from. It's too easy to slap a bunch of MP3s on a disc and try to sell it these days.but if that doesn't bother you go for it..

Just a month after the debut was released. I wonder what those two tracks “I’ve Been Runnin” and “The Loser” sound like

Here you go:

"I've Been Running'"

"The Loser"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezwXjFpW-g&feature=youtu.be

Here's the full Concert if you wanna see 40 minutes of pure Rutsey Rush

• Like 1