I'm so bored from this Covid self-quarantine, I ....

HemiBeers

..... bought twice as many lottery tickets as I usually do.

Idleness is indeed the Devil's workshop!

:fury:

did they all have the number 19 in them?

I was out and about for 8 of the last 11 days with too much contact. So, I stayed at home today and cleaned the living room and set up the guitar/Amp corner so I can plug in and play asap. I fired up the Netflix last night and watched for about six hours. I am still not excited about isolation.

Tomorrow, I will head to the shop in the daytime and see what else I can rescue or throw away. At least there will be no one around to infect me ... I feel like Omega Man. I need to move out of there before year end. Sigh ... so many memories! 2020 really seems like my End of Days swansong.

I was out and about for 8 of the last 11 days with too much contact. So, I stayed at home today and cleaned the living room and set up the guitar/Amp corner so I can plug in and play asap. I fired up the Netflix last night and watched for about six hours. I am still not excited about isolation.

Tomorrow, I will head to the shop in the daytime and see what else I can rescue or throw away. At least there will be no one around to infect me ... I feel like Omega Man. I need to move out of there before year end. Sigh ... so many memories! 2020 really seems like my End of Days swansong.

Wishing you good health over the next days!

• Like 4

Omega Man! Great movie!!

I want to watch Soylent Green tonight!

Hang in there dude.

We are all in this together!!!!

• Like 5

I've been outside whenever the suns been out clearing out the garden beds. The houses here have about half to one acre each so there is space.

We are still separating and divorcing, luckily we don't hate each other - so we are cleaning and painting the house and making repairs. Not in a hurry at this point as everything else is at a standstill. One day at a time.

I have books, crossword puzzles, coloring books, animal crossing, angry birds, on line cross stitching, jigsaw puzzles, sewing! perfect time to learn how to sew. We have 3! sewing machines and I don't know how to work any of them. sad.

Take it one day at a time. - and watch the news once a day at a primetime, or when Governor gives an update, and that's it. Don't watch your financial assets go up and down like a yo-yo - I am trying my best to stay calm - ODAAT!

• Like 1

I'm so bored I just made up a bad joke.

What do you call a ghost that steals a semi-truck filled with 50 pallets of Charmin toilet paper?

"POLTER-HEIST"

Holy sheet, you are on a roll!

my answer:

a shitting apparition.......................

AKA

ghost wiper

Edited by tangy
  • Like 1

Hollywood closed all the parks Wednesday, including the nature area that contains the dog park I take Rocky to on Sunday mornings.

But up in Plantation, not far from where I used to work, their Happy Tails park was listed as open, so off we went. The entrance to the park Happy Tails is located had signs saying "Closed today at 7:00 pm", but folks were on the trails and tennis courts. About 30 people and their dogs in the big dog (+25 pounds) area, half that in the small dog area. Rocky froliced with everyone, including a Giant Schnauzer and Great Dane I've seen there before. A number of newbies there too, apparently word got out that the place was open, as more peopl and dogs were showing up.

A couple of people who are there every day said the park will close tomorrow evening.

Stevie Nicks doesn't sound like a bunch of goats bleating to my ears...

I7eJNh6.jpg

Watching a lot of cute animal videos on YouTube, makes me smile and forget about the crazy stuff going on. My favorite is Lex and Cinnabon

• Like 1

What do you call a ghost that steals a semi-truck filled with 50 pallets of Charmin toilet paper?

"POLTER-HEIST"

my answer:

AKA

ghost wiper

Hahaha! Nice Tang!

• Like 2

Over here people are acting like everything’s fine. You know, have an Olympics to host and all of that. Schools, concerts, and events are shut down but everything else is running albeit with some places having limited hours. Kids fill their time in malls, parks, and Mickey D’s. Older kids head to Starbucks. To some, the West might be overreacting but imho here people are underreacting. There are NO orders from officials, just requests...which people often fluff off. Typical.

I would love it if it was like that in the US right now.

Over here people are acting like everything’s fine. You know, have an Olympics to host and all of that. Schools, concerts, and events are shut down but everything else is running albeit with some places having limited hours. Kids fill their time in malls, parks, and Mickey D’s. Older kids head to Starbucks. To some, the West might be overreacting but imho here people are underreacting. There are NO orders from officials, just requests...which people often fluff off. Typical.

The problem with this is that there isn’t any leadership here. It’s always waiting and waiting until some outside force pushes Japan into a decision...which is what finally happened with the Olympics. Although that is the IOC’s decision mainly, Abe jacked off as long as possible saying that postponement or cancellation is not what they were considering. That was all the way up to just last week.

Japan has a tendency to ignore issues ((in this case, a pandemic)) because facing them isn’t easy. So, the weak/no reaction might actually end up being (incidentally) the better choice. Don’t know, I’ll let you know in 6 months. Whatever the case, as I’ve stated in here or another thread, the stats here have just got to be much higher than reported.

What’s better, overreaction coupled with ignorance or NO reaction/denial coupled with ignorance? I’m not sure when I think deeply about it.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

The problem with this is that there isn’t any leadership here. It’s always waiting and waiting until some outside force pushes Japan into a decision...which is what finally happened with the Olympics. Although that is the IOC’s decision mainly, Abe jacked off as long as possible saying that postponement or cancellation is not what they were considering. That was all the way up to just last week.

Japan has a tendency to ignore issues ((in this case, a pandemic)) because facing them isn’t easy. So, the weak/no reaction might actually end up being (incidentally) the better choice. Don’t know, I’ll let you know in 6 months. Whatever the case, as I’ve stated in here or another thread, the stats here have just got to be much higher than reported.

What’s better, overreaction coupled with ignorance or NO reaction/denial coupled with ignorance? I’m not sure when I think deeply about it.

Here’s an article which talks about what I’m saying.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/japans-winning-its-quiet-fight-against-covid-19/

I'm so bored from this shutdown and quarantine, I'm looking more and more at a very nice Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope on Amazon.com.

CQB2dRc.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

"POLTER-HEIST"

my answer:

AKA

ghost wiper

Hahaha! Nice Tang!

KbG7frR.jpg

checked the espn schedule and saw they are broadcasting the american cornhole league!

good grief.

The athleticism on display here is breathtaking.

5c294d60f1d9a.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C855

:laughing guy:

how embarrassing for us.

You can tell they're professionals when they have sponsors on their shirts and have someone else hold their beer.

• Like 2