I'm so bored from this Covid self-quarantine, I ....

HemiBeers

ran out to the mail box as soon as it was delivered and read my junk mail...three times.

Here is a project for you, Hemi !

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/109347-almost-free-neil-tribute-swag-you-can-send-for-while-sitting-at-home/#entry4742228

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I'm "lucky" because I'm considered essential personnel so at least work gets me out of the house.

I'm in the same boat as I'm in IT. Our organization of about 900 employees decided it needed 130 laptops last week so people can work from home. Yeah sure, no problem pulling them out of our butts. We should be at the end of distributing the first half this week, then work from home. They take about 4 hours each to image, prep and distribute, so our whole department was like Santa's f***ing IT workshop this week.

Of course management wasn't convinced this laptop over a vpn idea was worth spending money on until this shit hit the fan.

But not being able to eat out much and being sequestered at home other than work is getting a little stir crazy.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

ran out to the mail box as soon as it was delivered and read my junk mail...three times.

http://www.therushfo...e/#entry4742228

emmmm....thanks but I think I'll pass. I think there's a sock drawer that I need to organize.

• Like 1

..... got off the couch, went to the bathroom, laid back down on the couch (on my left side instead of my right) and finished my nap.
  • Like 1

..... got off the couch, went to the bathroom, laid back down on the couch (on my left side instead of my right) and finished my nap.

Switching sides is good. You don't want one half of your body to be more smooshed than the other.

• Like 6

http://www.therushfo...e/#entry4742228

emmmm....thanks but I think I'll pass. I think there's a sock drawer that I need to organize.

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 3

. . .started watching a Law and Order SVU marathon on TV. It's either the best or most sordid show on tv, depending on who in my family you ask. I love Mariska Hargitay as Olivia Benson though!
  • Like 3

Over here people are acting like everything’s fine. You know, have an Olympics to host and all of that. Schools, concerts, and events are shut down but everything else is running albeit with some places having limited hours. Kids fill their time in malls, parks, and Mickey D’s. Older kids head to Starbucks. To some, the West might be overreacting but imho here people are underreacting. There are NO orders from officials, just requests...which people often fluff off. Typical.

[edited to add: Government recommended that companies allow workers to work from home. I know NOBODY who has been allowed to do that.]

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Hubby and I are taking walks almost every day. He is telecommuting as of last week and I am retired :D. Went out to dinner last weekend and the following Monday all restaurants and bars are closed to the public. Have called a couple of our favorite local places and ordered pickup, drove up and they brought it out to the curb.

Yesterday took a cat to the vet and they had me call first, came out to the car and got him. I signed the paperwork and left it on a hook on the front door. Same thing when I went back to get him, being very careful. Was weird driving back home, should have been rush hour on the freeway but it wasn't that crowded. Guess lots are actually staying off the road.

• Like 3

Over here people are acting like everything’s fine. You know, have an Olympics to host and all of that. Schools, concerts, and events are shut down but everything else is running albeit with some places having limited hours. Kids fill their time in malls, parks, and Mickey D’s. Older kids head to Starbucks. To some, the West might be overreacting but imho here people are underreacting. There are NO orders from officials, just requests...which people often fluff off. Typical.

[edited to add: Government recommended that companies allow workers to work from home. I know NOBODY who has been allowed to do that.]

Do they have any confirmed cases of coronavirus there? Are they even testing?

• Like 1

NJ is under "stay at home" order. Not sure what that means but if I can't jog in the park, I'm going to be pissed.

I've been shredding a ton of 'stuff'. Spring cleaning, etc.

I'm good but it's only been a week.

• Like 3

NJ is under "stay at home" order. Not sure what that means but if I can't jog in the park, I'm going to be pissed.

Hang in there buddy!!!

"I Can't Jog 55!"

Signed,

Sammy Hagar

• Like 2

That is what we have in New York state I believe. They said people can still go out and exercise, walk their dogs, ride their bikes but just keep your distance from others. Basically they only want people out if they're going to the store or if they are essential personnel at their jobs.

• Like 3

Yeah there are cases, deaths too. Last I checked it was over 1,000 confirmed cases with 4 or 5 dozen deaths. The confirmed cases would be 1,700+ if you count the ones on the cruise ship that was stranded off Yokohama last month.

Testing...I can’t remember the quote exactly, but one I read from a government “leader” was: Though they have the capacity to test, they don’t believe it’s necessary at this point. “Not necessary”. Japan is great at sticking its head in the sand. There’s no trouble if you ignore it kind of bs. IMHO, if the real numbers got out, it’d make the chances less possible to have the Olympics carry on as usual.

The ONE admirable thing is that when people were panic buying a few weeks ago, there were no stupid brawls in supermarkets or Costco. [Theft and hoarders’ price gouging occasionally have happened though].

With an aged population (over 60) of 33%, I would’ve thought Japan would’ve taken more precautions. Hell, the Tokyo area alone has 23 million people so even if they’re operating at 20% ((they’re definitely not!)) that’s still 4-5 million people milling around. A country of congested cities with a population of 125 million which hasn’t taken any precautions other than what I’ve mentioned above (and those virtually useless surgical masks) has only 1,000 confirmed cases?! Bullshit.

Stupid side note: Sales of natto, a typical (supposedly very healthy) dish here which consists of fermented beans, have risen by 20+% because many believe it helps fight Covid-19.

Beans > Covid-19?! Magic beans bullshit.

:rantoff:

• Like 1

Yeah there are cases, deaths too. Last I checked it was over 1,000 confirmed cases with 4 or 5 dozen deaths. The confirmed cases would be 1,700+ if you count the ones on the cruise ship that was stranded off Yokohama last month.

Testing...I can’t remember the quote exactly, but one I read from a government “leader” was: Though they have the capacity to test, they don’t believe it’s necessary at this point. “Not necessary”. Japan is great at sticking its head in the sand. There’s no trouble if you ignore it kind of bs. IMHO, if the real numbers got out, it’d make the chances less possible to have the Olympics carry on as usual.

The ONE admirable thing is that when people were panic buying a few weeks ago, there were no stupid brawls in supermarkets or Costco. [Theft and hoarders’ price gouging occasionally have happened though].

With an aged population (over 60) of 33%, I would’ve thought Japan would’ve taken more precautions. Hell, the Tokyo area alone has 23 million people so even if they’re operating at 20% ((they’re definitely not!)) that’s still 4-5 million people milling around. A country of congested cities with a population of 125 million which hasn’t taken any precautions other than what I’ve mentioned above (and those virtually useless surgical masks) has only 1,000 confirmed cases?! Bullshit.

Stupid side note: Sales of natto, a typical (supposedly very healthy) dish here which consists of fermented beans, have risen by 20+% because many believe it helps fight Covid-19.

They say beans can heal it? So they believe if you fart enough that people will eventually blow the covid out of themselves.

• Like 2

They say beans can heal it? So they believe if you fart enough that people will eventually blow the covid out of themselves.

They’re nasty, stinky beans which you’ve never tried before mixed with raw egg and soy sauce. They believe they’re healthy this and healthy that so it’s not surprising to me that many would come to the conclusion that they could fight off Covid-19

..... bought twice as many lottery tickets as I usually do.

Idleness is indeed the Devil's workshop!

:fury:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2