Guess what Rush song I heard in the store today?

Lorraine

:hi: :hi: I never thought I would say this but that sounds nice right now. Our grocery store has switched to online shopping and curbside pickup due to the virus. Everything else is pretty much closed except for gas stations and pharmacies.

Im jealous! I've never heard Rush in the grocery store! I'm gonna guess Working Man!

• Like 3

:hi: :hi: I never thought I would say this but that sounds nice right now. Our grocery store has switched to online shopping and curbside pickup due to the virus. Everything else is pretty much closed except for gas stations and pharmacies.

Im jealous! I've never heard Rush in the grocery store! I'm gonna guess Working Man!

Close

I was so excited. Even my husband recognized the song. :LOL:

• Like 1

What a wonderful song! I've tried to nail the intro on guitar for several weeks now and I'm not nearly fluent. Well, some nights I swear, I'm better than Alex. But that's just me. :LOL:
  • Like 8

What a wonderful song! I've tried to nail the intro on guitar for several weeks now and I'm not nearly fluent. Well, some nights I swear, I'm better than Alex. But that's just me. :LOL:

It was like hearing it with fresh ears. It's been so long since I've heard it. And, again - it was Alex and his guitar that stood out and grabbed me.

I love listening to Rush after not having listened to them for a while. Right now, I'm listening to Subdivisions. It sounds so good.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Good video ... I was at the grocery store today ... didn't see that dude aaand the shelves were almost bare! Good thing I am prepared for dystopian living. I scored some pasta, sniffed some bleach and wished the cashier well.
  • Like 3

Was gonna guess Freewill. A great 70's song...

Believe it or not, Narps, I thought of you when I heard it.

Truth.

A great 70's song from a greater 70's album. :codger:

Everytime I see your iconic avatar elsewhere you always pop into my head. My guess is it will always happen till my eventual demise...
  • Like 1

I was so happy to hear it.

The song never sounded so good.

It was in Goodwill Thrift Store. I was shopping for treasures. Couldn't believe it when it came on.

Glad you are getting out of the house!!

I know that sounds kind of ironic today. Sorry.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

On the CBC last week, on the show Under The Influence ( the dude that talks about marketing and sales tactics - great writing team), they included the opening bars on an episode about flying, but didn't mention the song's name. You just had to know it.

I am starting to accumulate an un-scientific theory that producers of big shows are Rush fans, even if the hosts aren't: Stephen Colbert, Howard Stern, Under The Influence...more?

It's still in the early stages :)

• Like 2

hearing any Rush song that's not Tom Sawyer in public always catches me off guard in a good way. i once heard Time Stand Still during a performance at an air show a few years ago and it made me smile because someone who may be a fan thought to play it. Edited by jamie
  • Like 2