Your favorite DISCO song?

Texas King

I like a number of disco hits from the 70s. Here's a short list off the top of my head in no particular order except the last one which I came to love waaay after the fact.

Lowdown (But I feel it's more disco adjacent than died in the wool disco. Basically a masterpiece.)

Dancing Queen (ABBA decides to go disco and ends up writing a song that symbolizes the genre for eternity.)

Stayin' Alive (And really a bunch of others by the Bee Gees. They were titans of the form.)

Disco Inferno (Unbeatable rhythmic hook, that awesome chorus with horns, and some kick-ass guitar solo licks at the end - in a disco song)

More, More, More (A paean to sexed up and coked up disco excess and it's also the origin of that great "Steal My Sunshine" sample.)

And my favorite...

If I Can't Have You (just the best)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVUzho-nok

great call

• Like 2

Funny! I just watched "Airplane! The Movie" last night. A classic.

Reminds me of the scene when the airplane knocks over the radio station tower.

Here is a tidbit for you:

The DJ says... "WZAZ. Where disco lives forever." ZAZ is in reference to the three directors of "Airplane!"

Jerry Zucker

Jim Abrahams

David Zucker

• Like 1

I like a number of disco hits from the 70s. Here's a short list off the top of my head in no particular order except the last one which I came to love waaay after the fact.

Lowdown (But I feel it's more disco adjacent than died in the wool disco. Basically a masterpiece.)

Dancing Queen (ABBA decides to go disco and ends up writing a song that symbolizes the genre for eternity.)

Stayin' Alive (And really a bunch of others by the Bee Gees. They were titans of the form.)

Disco Inferno (Unbeatable rhythmic hook, that awesome chorus with horns, and some kick-ass guitar solo licks at the end - in a disco song)

More, More, More (A paean to sexed up and coked up disco excess and it's also the origin of that great "Steal My Sunshine" sample.)

And my favorite...

If I Can't Have You (just the best)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVUzho-nok

"Silk Degrees" is a masterpiece.

It's another album I love to play to on the drums in it's entirely.

I can't think "Lowdown" as a disco song at all. Jeff Pocaro's drumming is more in the pocket groove. Funk and soul. I don't hear disco at all in that tune. It's brilliant. Never gets old.

I mean guys, Jeff is playing his kit like Neil Peart at the bridge and at the end during the guitar solo. Playing hi-hat accenting while on the cup of the ride cymbal. Incredible drumming.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

The Rolling Stones - Miss You

I never thought of that as a disco song.

It really is their attempt as it came out during that era. Believe me I lived it...
  • Like 1

THIS, really loud. It's tough to sit down while you're listening to this song.

http://youtu.be/LHEsE9yN2CY

Damn you beat me to it. There is something about the keyboard intro and groove that is unmistakable and quintessential disco...

ABBA are the Swedish Beatles. Every song is a hit.

I know Pat hates this band. They won a talent show in Sweden and got a record deal. Right Pat?

I love the albums they made while they were getting divorced.

Yeah dude. Breakup albums are the best.

Signed,

Fleetwood Mac

• Like 5

ABBA are the Swedish Beatles. Every song is a hit.

I know Pat hates this band. They won a talent show in Sweden and got a record deal. Right Pat?

I love the albums they made while they were getting divorced.

Yeah dude. Breakup albums are the best.

Signed,

Fleetwood Mac

You are funny. I totally agree.

There are a lot of "Rumors" floating around right now that Trump is going to demand a two week shelter in place for all Americans. Even grocery stores will be shut down.

• Like 1

Mine is probably And the Beat Goes On by The Whispers.

Your choice?

Most like Xennial 80s child me know them for Rock Steady. Never knew they had disco songs,

Todd In The Shadows just did this recently for One Hit Wonderland.

Oddly enough, that one hit wonder remake by Pseudo Echo is on his ten worst of 1987.

• Like 2