Jump to content


Who has the virus?? Tell us when you get it.

covid to hell with goodhell Paul Stanley babycat fridge Earl loves death metal And black metal

  • Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1661 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 99572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:29 PM

A quick update:

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#1662 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81911 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:58 PM

We've mostly moved away from reporting deaths and are now focused on reporting the number of cases.  That's a positive sign in terms of where we are.

#1663 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6622 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bonchester Bridge, Scotland
  • Interests:Very few interests, but many passions

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:05 PM

 goose, on 19 October 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

We've mostly moved away from reporting deaths and are now focused on reporting the number of cases.  That's a positive sign in terms of where we are.
Seems like the UK is in the :huh: phase, as cases and deaths are higher than they have been since March, but Covid`s now about fifth item on the news. Tough winter ahead as public ambivalence is a dangerous mood.

I wish my wife hadn`t gone to Alton Towers (theme park in England) for a few days with an anti-vax denier, her best friend from childhood. At least that friend has had Covid and my wife is fully vaccinated.

#1664 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81911 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:28 PM

 IbanezJem, on 19 October 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

 goose, on 19 October 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

We've mostly moved away from reporting deaths and are now focused on reporting the number of cases.  That's a positive sign in terms of where we are.
Seems like the UK is in the :huh: phase, as cases and deaths are higher than they have been since March, but Covid`s now about fifth item on the news. Tough winter ahead as public ambivalence is a dangerous mood.

I wish my wife hadn`t gone to Alton Towers (theme park in England) for a few days with an anti-vax denier, her best friend from childhood. At least that friend has had Covid and my wife is fully vaccinated.
I would be curious as to how crowds are managed at the park.

We are now down to learning to live with COVID, and folks are either a) vaccinated, b) have acquired natural immunity by having survived contracting COVID, or c) are unvaxxed and choosing to play the odds.  I only worry about anyone in group C who is in a high-risk group.  Everyone else is statistically pretty safe.

#1665 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6622 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bonchester Bridge, Scotland
  • Interests:Very few interests, but many passions

Posted 20 October 2021 - 05:56 AM

 goose, on 19 October 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

 IbanezJem, on 19 October 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

 goose, on 19 October 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

We've mostly moved away from reporting deaths and are now focused on reporting the number of cases.  That's a positive sign in terms of where we are.
Seems like the UK is in the :huh: phase, as cases and deaths are higher than they have been since March, but Covid`s now about fifth item on the news. Tough winter ahead as public ambivalence is a dangerous mood.

I wish my wife hadn`t gone to Alton Towers (theme park in England) for a few days with an anti-vax denier, her best friend from childhood. At least that friend has had Covid and my wife is fully vaccinated.
I would be curious as to how crowds are managed at the park.

We are now down to learning to live with COVID, and folks are either a) vaccinated, b) have acquired natural immunity by having survived contracting COVID, or c) are unvaxxed and choosing to play the odds.  I only worry about anyone in group C who is in a high-risk group.  Everyone else is statistically pretty safe.
Oh, that`s an easy one - they don`t bother at all with crowd control. England has waived all social restrictions, which I can`t question for mass outdoor events, but interestingly in Scotland it`s still masks and social distancing, on public transport and shops and so on.
If the UK was the US, you`d say there`s a deep red man in Downing Street and a deep blue woman in Holyrood House. As usual both sides have legitimate arguments but it really shouldn`t be a politicised issue at all.

Edited by IbanezJem, 20 October 2021 - 06:15 AM.


#1666 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81911 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 21 October 2021 - 09:16 AM

 IbanezJem, on 20 October 2021 - 05:56 AM, said:

 goose, on 19 October 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

 IbanezJem, on 19 October 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

 goose, on 19 October 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

We've mostly moved away from reporting deaths and are now focused on reporting the number of cases.  That's a positive sign in terms of where we are.
Seems like the UK is in the :huh: phase, as cases and deaths are higher than they have been since March, but Covid`s now about fifth item on the news. Tough winter ahead as public ambivalence is a dangerous mood.

I wish my wife hadn`t gone to Alton Towers (theme park in England) for a few days with an anti-vax denier, her best friend from childhood. At least that friend has had Covid and my wife is fully vaccinated.
I would be curious as to how crowds are managed at the park.

We are now down to learning to live with COVID, and folks are either a) vaccinated, b) have acquired natural immunity by having survived contracting COVID, or c) are unvaxxed and choosing to play the odds.  I only worry about anyone in group C who is in a high-risk group.  Everyone else is statistically pretty safe.
Oh, that`s an easy one - they don`t bother at all with crowd control. England has waived all social restrictions, which I can`t question for mass outdoor events, but interestingly in Scotland it`s still masks and social distancing, on public transport and shops and so on.
If the UK was the US, you`d say there`s a deep red man in Downing Street and a deep blue woman in Holyrood House. As usual both sides have legitimate arguments but it really shouldn`t be a politicised issue at all.
rational discourse is dead, lol.

#1667 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39746 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:52 PM

4,944,695 are now gone from Covid.

#1668 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 99572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:56 PM

 RUSHHEAD666, on 21 October 2021 - 07:52 PM, said:

4,944,695 are now gone from Covid.
Don't worry mate you'll live forever! :cosmo:





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: covid, to hell with goodhell, Paul Stanley, babycat, fridge, Earl loves death metal, And black metal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users