Alex Lifeson 'Self-Quarantining' at home To Help Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19

treeduck

RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson says that he will spend the next 14 days "self-quarantining" to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

Earlier today, Lifeson took to RUSH's official Twitter to write: "Just returned from Spring Break with my gKids. We are all self quarantining for 14 days. All travellers should. Looking forward to getting caught up on Netflix!! Send your top viewing suggestions. – Alex"

The province of Ontario, where Alex lives, currently has the largest number of COVID-19 cases in Canada. On Saturday, Ontario reported 24 new cases, the highest daily increase since the outbreak began, bringing the total number of cases to 103.

There have been more than 169,000 confirmed cases and more than 6,000 deaths so far, putting public health systems and emergency services under immense pressure.

Officials have made it clear that the elderly — especially those with heart, lung and immunological conditions — are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus, with at least 25 deaths linked to one nursing home in Washington.

In Italy, which has one of the oldest populations in the world, one hundred percent of the people who have died have been over 60, and the vast majority over 80

I wonder how much this will differ from his normal routine since Rush ended lol.

time for victor 2.0!

I wonder how much new music we're going to have overall by the end of this year and the start of the next with all these artists off the road with nothing to do but write and record. Should be interesting to see.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I wonder how much this will differ from his normal routine since Rush ended lol.

time for victor 2.0!

I wonder how much new music were going to have overall by the end of this year and the start of the next with all these artists off the road with nothing to do but write and record. Should be interesting to see.

On a related note, Rush’s best music was when they didn’t have loads of time and labor over new material

• Like 1

hey Al,

Take all this free time to dust of the gear and come up with some new material. I'm sure it will interest you much more than Netflix. And quite honestly, netflix has sucked balls lately...it's gotten almost as bad as cable tv with 1000 channels of shit.

• Like 1

Way to set a good example Mr. Lifeson.

And Shaw (If you have it) has a great special about the Typewriter (California Typewriter?). A bit long winded, but a great tribute to an analogue instrument.

For Netflix, check out the ZZ Top special, reminds me of three guys I grew up loving very much ;)

Hope the family will come through just fine, cheers!

I saw that post...was that really him?

anyway, I'm in Ontario as well, and in some supermarkets here it's a post-apocalyptic scenario...people going crazy over toilet paper and non-perishable stuff.

anyway, I'm in Ontario as well, and in some supermarkets here it's a post-apocalyptic scenario...people going crazy over toilet paper and non-perishable stuff.

The hoarding here isn’t as bad I think. Toilet paper is a little hard to find but not that hard. And nobody is getting into brawls over it. In fact, last weekend i was at the drug store and saw the last bundle of tp on the shelf. Another dude saw it at the same time. [i don’t really need it, I was just checking the situation.] We both looked at the lone tp bundle on the shelf then each other. We both didn’t make a move for the tp. I wanted to laugh because it seemed more serious than it actually was. I told him to go ahead and take it if he wanted. He then bowed and said I should. I insisted he take it and told him I had plenty. He insisted again that i go ahead and get it because I was there first. One more time I told him that I’m perfectly fine and that I have plenty at home. He bowed a few times, thanked me, and reluctantly took it. “Nice dude” I thought. Happy wipings.

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

The hoarding here isn’t as bad I think. Toilet paper is a little hard to find but not that hard. And nobody is getting into brawls over it. In fact, last weekend i was at the drug store and saw the last bundle of tp on the shelf. Another dude saw it at the same time. [i don’t really need it, I was just checking the situation.] We both looked at the lone tp bundle on the shelf then each other. We both didn’t make a move for the tp. I wanted to laugh because it seemed more serious than it actually was. I told him to go ahead and take it if he wanted. He then bowed and said I should. I insisted he take it and told him I had plenty. He insisted again that i go ahead and get it because I was there first. One more time I told him that I’m perfectly fine and that I have plenty at home. He bowed a few times, thanked me, and reluctantly took it. “Nice dude” I thought. Happy wipings.

:blaze:

The local officials were saying at a press conference today for people to not buy so many supplies and be considerate to others who may need the same things. Then a few hours later they said they were closing all schools in the county until April 20th. Which means parents are going to have to buy more stuff anyways since their kids will be home more.

duck, here’s a self-quarantine video for your viewing pleasure.

Please forgive the use the Metallica, hell put it on mute if you like:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=KSpRHN-n7jo

Lucas would produce a jizz fountain all over his computer as soon as he saw this.

I'm sure he's seen it a million times over and has produced enough jizz to make Niagara Falls seem like a small spring puddle

• Like 2

Lucas would produce a jizz fountain all over his computer as soon as he saw this.

I'm sure he's seen it a million times over and has produced enough jizz to make Niagara Falls seem like a small spring puddle

As someone who lives near Niagara Falls and has seen it numerous times in person, that would be a lot of jizz.

A LOT...

• Like 1

Ok it was me pretending to be Alex. Satisfied now?? :dweez:

As someone who lives near Niagara Falls and has seen it numerous times in person, that would be a lot of jizz.

A LOT...

I went there back in 2007. Impressive to say the least.

So, Niagara Falls vs Lucas’ lust of Asian girls...it’s pretty close

Good on him, I hope him and Geddy both stay safe.

They will.

They are retired millionaires.

What about the rest of us?

Our company is being shut down for three weeks at midnight.

We have 117 employees.

I have to figure it all out with my dad to keep people paid.

I am very open on here but I will never share on a public forum with what I do.

But my dad and I are awesome.

We are doing everything in our power to cover our employees.

You people on here who hate me? You don't even know me and I am glad you don't. As Paul Stanley would sing, "MOVE ON!"

Good luck to everyone.

We are all in this together.

Serious meetings tomorrow.

I've got this. Because I have the greatest boss on the planet. My dad, and we are AWESOME.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666