January the 7th...

greyfriar

...should be the...

INTERNATIONAL AIR-DRUMMING DAY!

Someone must start a petition, or a campaign or whatever it takes, to make January the 7th... the IA-DD!!!

If there is any fanbase in the galaxy who can achieve a goal like this, it's the :rush: fans!!!

Spread the word!!!

• Like 5

Should make it September 12th.

Celebrate Neil's arrival rather than departure.

And the weather's better.

Cool, let's have two days in Neil's honour. People are reminded twice a year and that's a good thing. :Neil:

It's a nice thought but having "ADD" in the abbreviation may not the best way to go.

I called it the IA-DD, but who cares, it would be an epic tribute if something like this could actually happen.

• Like 2

It's a nice thought but having "ADD" in the abbreviation may not the best way to go.

I called it the IA-DD, but who cares, it would be an epic tribute if something like this could actually happen.

I have ADD and I can air drum and play Rush music on my real drums too. I'm IN! lol

I have ADD and I can air drum and play Rush music on my real drums too. I'm IN! lol

You have ADD?

No way we could tell that from your posts lol.

• Like 1

You have ADD?

No way we could tell that from your posts lol.

Hahahaha!

Captain Stating The Obvious!

That's me!

Should make it September 12th.

Celebrate Neil's arrival rather than departure.

And the weather's better.

Made me laugh. Like the weather makes a difference to air drumming, which I would suggest, is largely an indoor sport! Or are you anticipating folks jogging in parks suddenly cracking out a fill mid-stride? I'd like to see that come to think of it. :)

Edited by Tim091

I recall seeing the R40 in Toronto on the Friday night.

Not the best seats, up a bit towards the back; but, there was this guy a hundred feet or so to our right.

He had big hair, black leather, was warming up his air drumming before the concert started...

I swear it looked like he bought the seats to either side, nobody sat in those seats, and he did spend the entire night air drumming like a mad man!

I remember thinking if he was in front of me I would have had a less than optimal experience.

And just a comical observation, the men seem to air drum (and some get teary eyed), the ladies seem to get teary eyed (but don't air drum).

All for the same cause of emotion?!

B.

• Like 2

Not the best seats, up a bit towards the back; but, there was this guy a hundred feet or so to our right.

He had big hair, black leather, was warming up his air drumming before the concert started...

I swear it looked like he bought the seats to either side, nobody sat in those seats, and he did spend the entire night air drumming like a mad man!

I remember thinking if he was in front of me I would have had a less than optimal experience.

And just a comical observation, the men seem to air drum (and some get teary eyed), the ladies seem to get teary eyed (but don't air drum).

B.

Haha, great story. Love the warming up part. Lol.

Neil definitely had the most dedicated air-drumming fans ever!!!

• Like 1

B.

I was in Toronto for the R30 show. It was a dream of mine to see the boys in Toronto. To hear Geddy say "it's great to be home Toronto!" He did say it too!

Then after the show Wendy and I hopped in a taxi and went to The Orbit Room. I knew Alex wouldn't show up, but it was a great place back then to hang out with a packed house of Rush Fans all around the world! There was a cool reggae band there that night.

EPIC NIGHT!!!!

RUSH RULES!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1