KANSAS new album "The Absence of Presence" June 26

treeduck

KANSAS, America's legendary progressive rock band, will release its new studio album, "The Absence Of Presence", on June 26 via InsideOut Music. The LP follows 2016's "The Prelude Implicit", which debuted at No. 14 on the Billboard 200 chart.

"The Absence Of Presence" features nine all-new tracks written by KANSAS, produced by Zak Rizvi, and co-produced by Phil Ehart and Richard Williams. KANSAS's signature sound is unmistakable throughout. The album showcases Ronnie Platt's towering vocals, David Ragsdale's searing violin, Tom Brislin's dazzling keyboards, Williams and Rizvi's electrifying guitar riffs, Ehart's powerful drums, and Billy Greer's rocking bass.

"We are really proud of the album 'The Absence Of Presence'," comments KANSAS guitarist, producer, and songwriter Zak Rizvi. "Making a new KANSAS album sets a very high musical standard that is expected from our fans. From rockers, to progressive epics, to ballads, there is something on this recording for everybody."

This fall, KANSAS will be taking its very popular "Point Of Know Return" anniversary tour to Europe for 13 dates in October and November. The "Point of Know Return" anniversary European tour will include songs from "The Absence Of Presence", classic hits and deep cuts, and will culminate with the iconic album "Point Of Know Return" performed in its entirety.

"It's been a while since the band has been able to perform in Europe, where we have some very passionate fans," adds KANSAS guitarist Richard Williams. "We are excited to take the 'Point Of Know Return' anniversary tour across Europe. Not only will they hear us perform that album in its entirety, along with other hits and deep cuts, but they will be the first fans to hear some of the songs from 'The Absence Of Presence' performed live."

KANSAS has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, and is famous for classic hits such as "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust In The Wind' to progressive epics like "Song For America".

After wrapping-up current U.S. dates for the "Point Of Know Return" anniversary tour this spring, KANSAS will debut a track from "The Absence Of Presence" live this summer during the "Juke Box Heroes" 2020 tour when the band will hit the road with FOREIGNER and EUROPE.

Tickets for the KANSAS "Point of Know Return" anniversary European tour will go on sale this week.

http://www.kansasband.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/TAOP-Vinyl-front-cover-1024x1024.jpg

• Like 4

Kansas will release The Absence of Presence on June 26.

The album arrives four years after The Prelude Implicit, which was their first album of new material since 2000’s Somewhere to Elsewhere, and marks the band’s studio debut with keyboardist Tom Brislin, who joined in 2018.

As drummer Phil Ehart told Billboard, the addition of Brislin and guitarist Zak Rizvi, who co-produced the LP with Ehart and Richard Williams, their arrival helped the band rediscover its classic form.

“This sounds like Kansas,” Ehart said. “Zak wrote the majority of The Prelude Implicit and this album, and now having Tom Brislin add a couple of his songs and his keyboard prowess really pushes the band even more toward that original sound, which is not easy to do by any means. You’ve got to have the material. You’ve got to have the singer to sing it. You’ve got to have lyrics that are Kansas-type lyrics. These guys get it, and the other four of us who have been here for 20, 40, 50 years, we’re just sitting here grinning, going ‘This is great!'”

One of Brislin’s contributions is the title track, whose name was based on something Ehart said he noticed while traveling with the group.

“It can mean a couple of different things, but what sticks out is when we’re at an airport, there’s a lot of people there but everybody is staring at their phone or looking at their computer or their iPad or reading a paper or whatever,” he noted. “Someone’s sitting across from you, looking up, and you can tell they’re not engaged at all. People are there, but they’re not really there. They’re present, but there’s an absence of presence.”

The release date coincides with Kansas’ upcoming Juke Box Heroes tour with Foreigner and Europe, which runs between July 9 and Sept. 13. Kansas’ friendship with Foreigner dates all the way back the ’70s, when they shared European stages together. Ehart said the shows have been a long time coming.

“We’ve been trying to put the two bands together for quite a while, so when this came up we jumped on it,” he explained. “We’ve stayed in touch over the years, and they’re a great band and good guys, and I think we have a mutual respect between the two bands. We get one hour and it’ll go by very quickly for us, but we’re just happy to be there and get offstage and watch Foreigner come on. And Europe too. It should be a great summer.”

• Like 1

i actually loved thee last album. it was a nothing new but who cares really? it was still better than any kansas since the classic years. so this is cool with me.

Mick

Yeah the reunion one they did in 2000, Somewhere to Elsewhere, I thought was a bit tuneless. The last one was good though.

• Like 1

I love that amphitheater in alpharetta. super relaxed security, good sound, nice neighborhood with good restaurants all around. I saw rush there several times, steely dan, priest, purple, yes, etc etc etc
  • Like 1

KANSAS, America's legendary progressive rock band, will release its new studio album, "The Absence Of Presence", on June 26 via InsideOut Music. The LP follows 2016's "The Prelude Implicit", which debuted at No. 14 on the Billboard 200 chart.

"The Absence Of Presence" features nine all-new tracks written by KANSAS, produced by Zak Rizvi, and co-produced by Phil Ehart and Richard Williams. KANSAS's signature sound is unmistakable throughout. The album showcases Ronnie Platt's towering vocals, David Ragsdale's searing violin, Tom Brislin's dazzling keyboards, Williams and Rizvi's electrifying guitar riffs, Ehart's powerful drums, and Billy Greer's rocking bass.

"We are really proud of the album 'The Absence Of Presence'," comments KANSAS guitarist, producer, and songwriter Zak Rizvi. "Making a new KANSAS album sets a very high musical standard that is expected from our fans. From rockers, to progressive epics, to ballads, there is something on this recording for everybody."

This fall, KANSAS will be taking its very popular "Point Of Know Return" anniversary tour to Europe for 13 dates in October and November. The "Point of Know Return" anniversary European tour will include songs from "The Absence Of Presence", classic hits and deep cuts, and will culminate with the iconic album "Point Of Know Return" performed in its entirety.

"It's been a while since the band has been able to perform in Europe, where we have some very passionate fans," adds KANSAS guitarist Richard Williams. "We are excited to take the 'Point Of Know Return' anniversary tour across Europe. Not only will they hear us perform that album in its entirety, along with other hits and deep cuts, but they will be the first fans to hear some of the songs from 'The Absence Of Presence' performed live."

KANSAS has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, and is famous for classic hits such as "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust In The Wind' to progressive epics like "Song For America".

After wrapping-up current U.S. dates for the "Point Of Know Return" anniversary tour this spring, KANSAS will debut a track from "The Absence Of Presence" live this summer during the "Juke Box Heroes" 2020 tour when the band will hit the road with FOREIGNER and EUROPE.

Tickets for the KANSAS "Point of Know Return" anniversary European tour will go on sale this week.

http://www.kansasband.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/TAOP-Vinyl-front-cover-1024x1024.jpg

I like the cover art. Very late 60s early 70s underground prog/psych.

• Like 1

KANSAS seems like a band you would hate Pat. AOR Prog Pop. You hate it.

No Earl I've always liked KANSAS. One of my favourite bands in fact. Don't you remember our KANSAS vs Blue Oyster Cult argument? I've got Kansas STREETS ahead of BOC!

• Like 3

my friend wants to go see kansas in september. I'm not a massive fan but it's only like 25 bucks

They put on a good show. The new band is really tight.

• Like 1

KANSAS seems like a band you would hate Pat. AOR Prog Pop. You hate it.

No Earl I've always liked KANSAS. One of my favourite bands in fact. Don't you remember our KANSAS vs Blue Oyster Cult argument? I've got Kansas STREETS ahead of BOC!

Oh I remember that argument. I know 73 is also a way bigger Kansas fan than BOC! I love both bands dude. But It's BOC for me!!

• Like 2

Here's the new album tracklist:

01. The Absence Of Presence

02. Throwing Mountains

03. Jets Overhead

04. Propulsion 1

05. Memories Down The Line

06. Circus Of Illusion

07. Animals On The Roof

08. Never

09. The Song The River Sang

• Like 1