It's Ok Everyone! Put Me On "Ignore." I Am Watching "The Changeling" With George C Scott. 747 NP Sticks On My Vater Pad!

How much more "crazy can I be?

I get it if you delete me or "ignore"me.

It's ok. I love me and I love Neil and I'm living for me.

I will always take care of my parents and my girls. Duh.

But yep, I'm a strange human. Hope you all ignore me.

I am watching a classic 1980 horror film while drumming on my Vater pad with Neil Peart 747 sticks,

I have used Promark 747 sticks even way before Neil endorsed them.

I was always in love with the Japanese Oak flavor saver.

Very hard to break yet still flawed as I have probably destroyed and shattered over 2,112 of them, but for me it was a much stronger stick than anything with weak American Hickory. Like playing with a pussy drumstick that Mike Portnoy uses. An American Hickory Promark stick with a really wimpy nylon tip. I mean I get it. I used to like nylon tip drumsticks for that extra high end "ping" sound but really?

I would use a stick like that playing to "Permanent Waves" and I would break that shit every time. Hilarious as I am just a drummer of 38 years playing along in my garage. I have one four track cd ep under my belt, and I'm proud of it.

This isn't about me.

It's really about drumsticks and Neil's Promark 747s were always and still are the best for a no name drummer like me.

So I just want to say before bed, I am now 52 years old and I have been using Promark 747s since I was a kid.

I have always played my drums with my Promark 747s with the tips up.

So here I am tonight drumming my ass off but realizing something is off.

Neil used to play his 747s with tips down!!!

So I am just doing simple snare drum rudiments on my Vater.

And it seems a bit too "high" for me on the top of the tips of the sticks.

I turned my 747s over and played on my drum pad again and it was soooooo much heavier.

Playing with the tips of the sticks vs playing with the base bottoms of the sticks.

I always knew Neil played with his 747s with tips down but I always played with tips up.

Then he met Freddie and Neil changed it all.

Not in my favor, but it made Neil feel happy. So good for him......

it's ironic.

I love to grip it and rip it as a drummer but I always play with my tips up.

Many on here rip me for loving Hair Metal and AOR and Melodic Metal.

So What.

I know my shit.

"You Can't Change A Horse In The Middle Of The Stream"

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

Hope no one responds to this thread.

Wouldn't surprise me. lol

Hey Pat! How is KK's new album working for you?

I would rather be "Working Them Angels Overtime."

Is the Coronavirus on United Airlines? I will ask for a Tecate and a lime instead. lol

I will fly anywhere but I sure as bat head soup shit won't fly to China. VaChina. No entry baby. lol Condoms won't work either. Ugh.,,,,,, Ozzy ate a bat head once. I love him too. Godspeed.

See some of you in St. Cathrine's on May 16th 2020. I might be infectious.

If not, life goes on baby.

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

• Like 1

You do know that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time right?

I know I know....

Krupa

Rich

Roach

Moon

Phillips

Weckl

Copeland

Harrison

Alexander

Bruford

Collins

Ward

Portnoy

Cobham

Gadd

Blah blah blah....

On and on and on

Chester Thompson

Tony Thompson.

Cozy

Paice

Endless....

Neil Rules.

I played with 747s for years as a kid, but they ended up f***ing with my wrists. Took me forever, with many stick size changes, to learn that Vater 5As worked best for me.

I understand the concept behind using the butt end of the sticks of course, but that must’ve played havoc on NPs forearms - then again Peart is a beast, who could hit f***ing HARD night after night.

• Like 1

I am watching a classic 1980 horror film while drumming on my Vater pad with Neil Peart 747 sticks,

Very hard to break yet still flawed as I have probably destroyed and shattered over 2,112 of them, but for me it was a much stronger stick than anything with weak American Hickory. Like playing with a pussy drumstick that Mike Portnoy uses. An American Hickory Promark stick with a really wimpy nylon tip. I mean I get it. I used to like nylon tip drumsticks for that extra high end "ping" sound but really?

I would use a stick like that playing to "Permanent Waves" and I would break that shit every time. Hilarious as I am just a drummer of 38 years playing along in my garage. I have one four track cd ep under my belt, and I'm proud of it.

This isn't about me.

It's really about drumsticks and Neil's Promark 747s were always and still are the best for a no name drummer like me.

So I just want to say before bed, I am now 52 years old and I have been using Promark 747s since I was a kid.

I turned my 747s over and played on my drum pad again and it was soooooo much heavier.

Playing with the tips of the sticks vs playing with the base bottoms of the sticks.

I always knew Neil played with his 747s with tips down but I always played with tips up.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

Is the Coronavirus on United Airlines? I will ask for a Tecate and a lime instead. lol

I will fly anywhere but I sure as bat head soup shit won't fly to China. VaChina. No entry baby. lol Condoms won't work either. Ugh.,,,,,, Ozzy ate a bat head once. I love him too. Godspeed.

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

Are you interested in the new Deep Purple album Earl?

What about the new Pat Metheny?

And I'll have BOTH Judas Priest and KK's Priest, more Priest is a good thing. What have you got against KK anyway? Do you hate his playing on Sad Wings of Destiny and Sin after Sin? I didn't realise.

I played with 747s for years as a kid, but they ended up f***ing with my wrists. Took me forever, with many stick size changes, to learn that Vater 5As worked best for me.

I understand the concept behind using the butt end of the sticks of course, but that must’ve played havoc on NPs forearms - then again Peart is a beast, who could hit f***ing HARD night after night.

I'm sorry 1973 about your wrist pain! That sucks!! Yes Neil is a Beast!! Amazing guy. I've never used the butts of my sticks up. Always tips up. Luckily at 52 no wrist or body pain at all from drumming hard.

• Like 1

This isn't about me.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

And I'll have BOTH Judas Priest and KK's Priest, more Priest is a good thing. What have you got against KK anyway? Do you hate his playing on Sad Wings of Destiny and Sin after Sin? I didn't realise.

Well hello there Pat!

I need to get my lazy ass down there in the Music Section. I read the Purple Album thread. I love the cover too and I am very excited about it.

I have nothing against KK. He is a Legend and has recorded some of the greatest metal on the planet.

I am just not excited about his new project.

I would prefer KK to still be shredding in REAL PRIEST!! Not some secondary lame ass cover band. JMO

This isn't about me.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

Well hello there Pat!

I need to get my lazy ass down there in the Music Section. I read the Purple Album thread. I love the cover too and I am very excited about it.

I have nothing against KK. He is a Legend and has recorded some of the greatest metal on the planet.

I would prefer KK to still be shredding in REAL PRIEST!! Not some secondary lame ass cover band. JMO

Priest don't want him in the band, so he's doing his own thing. It's Halford and Ian Hill you need to be complaining about.

What about Pat Metheny's new album From This Place??

This isn't about me.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

Well hello there Pat!

Priest don't want him in the band, so he's doing his own thing. It's Halford and Ian Hill you need to be complaining about.

That's a bummer that band mates can't always get along. It's ok Pat, I will stick with the Mighty Priest.

I like Metheny dude, but don't know about his new one. Any good?

This isn't about me.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

Well hello there Pat!

That's a bummer that band mates can't always get along. It's ok Pat, I will stick with the Mighty Priest.

Meanwhile I'll take both albums!

Yep.

How is that movie? I have wanted to see it, and reviews seem to suggest it is good.

Hey 78!!

It's a little slow but it's a horror classic!! You must see it! It's finally mastered on a blu-ray! George C. Scott is amazing.

This isn't about me.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

Well hello there Pat!

Yep.

Nice! It's endless.

I am sure the new KK will have a Japanese bonus track. I will wait and see what you think of the new album though.

This isn't about me.

it's ironic.

So What.

I know my shit.

Fuckkk it.

Live for you.

I know me.

Neil is my guy.

Who is your mentor?

RUSH ON!

My Name is Earl

Well hello there Pat!

Yep.

Nice! It's endless.

I am sure the new KK will have a Japanese bonus track. I will wait and see what you think of the new album though.

Aye.

• Like 1

I played with 747s for years as a kid

Me too, bro. I miss 'em.

Kidsthrill-Big-Model-Plane.jpg

So cool Three Eyes! Go get some!! I just picked up a pack of 747 NP sticks on eBay.

Just to be clear, these are the only drums I can play at the moment.

XLNAddictiveDrums2_01-xGGgJuqh72UkrCW9U36NLqqVU21EYNIT.jpg

and

dr880.gif

Oh the irony!

PROMARK RULES!!

I have a story for all of you that I can never tell.

Love it.

Signed,

Austin Powers

Earl I don't understand why you hate Symphony X and like tuneless bands like Marillion with their fiasco fagg rock? Russell Allen is a far better singer than 99.9% of the singers you listen to and Michael Romeo is 99.9% better than the guitarists you listen to.

Oh btw I'm buying some real estate from Wendy next week and while I'm there I'll discuss all your pansy rock ways with her! :moon:

• Like 1

PROMARK RULES!!

Love it.

Signed,

Austin Powers

Earl I don't understand why you hate Symphony X and like tuneless bands like Marillion with their fiasco fagg rock? Russell Allen is a far better singer than 99.9% of the singers you listen to and Michael Romeo is 99.9% better than the guitarists you listen to.

Oh btw I'm buying some real estate from Wendy next week and while I'm there I'll discuss all your pansy rock ways with her! :moon:

Hahahaha!! Thank you! Please buy 100 homes from here so then I can get my alimony lowered, lol

Dude what? I love Symphony X. I have every Japanee pressing.

I love Allen Jorn.

What???

Rotherey is tuneless? No way baby.

PROMARK RULES!!

Love it.

Signed,

Austin Powers

Hahahaha!! Thank you! Please buy 100 homes from here so then I can get my alimony lowered, lol

Dude what? I love Symphony X. I have every Japanee pressing.

I love Allen Jorn.

What???

Rotherey is tuneless? No way baby.

Yeah I've yet to hear a good melody from Marilion! And you say you need melody! What you really need is weak sauce by the sound of it!

No Earl Wendy will be raising her alimony in the next year and it will extended for 10 more years! Good luck with it!

Dude!

First off

I know it’s Steven Rothery

Spell Check sucks.

Ummm you may be right about what Wendy may try to do but let me educate you about divorce.

I was married for 19 years so my alimony lasts for half of your married years.

So that means 9,5 years is what she is entitled to.

We divorced in 2015 so you’re a bright guy. You can do the math to tell you what I still owe her.

However things will be drastically changing for me in 2 years.

That will remain private.

Let’s just say it’s going to be a very positive future.

Knock on wood........

I see Tony’s point on Symphony X.

I prefer the first 5 records.

Then I lost interest.

They are a Metal Marillion according to Pat.

Generic and tuneless Prog Metal.

Very boring.

Give me neo Prog any day.

So Pat, o suppose you dislike Camel too.