Ten songs goose has gotta hear by....!

goose

I will join in, but these are 10 songs by a certian person and not by the same band:

Ginger Wildheart:

The Wildhearts - Caffeine Bomb -=

The Wildhearts - Vanilla Radio -

Hey Hello - Swimwear -

Hey Hello - How I survived the Punk Wars -

Wildhearts - Stormy in the North, Karma in the South -

Wildhearts - Sick of Drugs -

Ginger Wildheart - Paying it Forward -

Ginger Wildheart - If you find yourself in London Town -

Howlin' Willie c*** - Goin' home to Satan -

Howlin' Willie c*** - A Lil' bit O' gravy -

29x the Pain didn't make the cut??!!

It is only recently that I have been listening to more of his stuff, so haven't yet heard everything.

How wide are your musical tastes? I have an Scottish indie folk band I am hooked on at the moment but not sure if that's your speed.

Do it! I broke him in with the Proclaimers, and was planning to hit him with some Runrig later.

• Like 1

How wide are your musical tastes? I have an Scottish indie folk band I am hooked on at the moment but not sure if that's your speed.

Do it! I broke him in with the Proclaimers, and was planning to hit him with some Runrig later.

I am sitting here trying to pick 10 songs. It's really just one guy and he only has 4 albums and there isn't a weak track on any of them. They are a "glass of scotch on the porch with a nice cigar" kind of band.
  • Like 1

I just listened to a Runrig song called Skye. It was the first one that came up.

Give us your 10 songs on them for sure!

• Like 1

Runrig's Searchlight album is my favorite album by anyone, ever. I used to buy the CD's as imports, so they were double the cost.

Here's 10....

City of Lights

Always the Winner (my CP id)

The Cutter

Skye (Live)

Tir a' Mhurain (Land of the Maram Grass)

Move a Mountain

Loch Lomond

Tear Down These Walls

Flower of the West

https://youtu.be/3VBk0Hjp5mw

Eirinn

https://youtu.be/jquy7P4zrUk

Too bad they never broke in America. Their heyday was about '87 to '96, but they only retired a few years ago.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Runrig's Searchlight album is my favorite album by anyone, ever. I used to buy the CD's as imports, so they were double the cost.

Here's 10....

City of Lights

The Cutter

Skye (Live)

Move a Mountain

Loch Lomond

Tear Down These Walls

Flower of the West

Eirinn

Too bad they never broke in America. Their heyday was about '87 to '96, but they only retired a few years ago.

:goodone: Brilliant band and very good suggestions. The list of great Runrig songs is endless. I'm a big fan of their 1995 release MARA. That album is just epic!

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

Here's 10....

City of Lights

The Cutter

Skye (Live)

Move a Mountain

Loch Lomond

Tear Down These Walls

Flower of the West

Eirinn

:goodone: Brilliant band and very good suggestions. The list of great Runrig songs is endless. I'm a big fan of their 1995 release MARA. That album is just epic!

Interesting. That one didn't grab me at first and I never really gave it another chance. Maybe it's time.

• Like 1

I am sitting here trying to pick 10 songs. It's really just one guy and he only has 4 albums and there isn't a weak track on any of them. They are a "glass of scotch on the porch with a nice cigar" kind of band.

what about del amitri?

saw them twice and thought they were great back in the day

• Like 3

what about del amitri?

Is that the Roll To Me band? I love that song!!

• Like 2

what about del amitri?

Is that the Roll To Me band? I love that song!!

it is!

cool you like that tune.

a great band imo

• Like 2

what about del amitri?

don't know them but I will check them out.
  • Like 2

Here's 10....

City of Lights

The Cutter

Skye (Live)

Move a Mountain

Loch Lomond

Tear Down These Walls

Flower of the West

Eirinn

Interesting. That one didn't grab me at first and I never really gave it another chance. Maybe it's time.

Let me know what you think of it!

• Like 1

I've been slacking on my homework, so let's get at it...

Here's 10 by Runrig....

City of Lights - :) Nice one. Up tempo, great harmonies...

Always the Winner (my CP id): a nice full sound to this one, with a very Scottish melody.

The Cutter: A bit down tempo...nice lyrics...not crazy abut the drum sound.

Skye (Live): This is killer! I love that drum intro...very Big Country :7up:

Tir a' Mhurain (Land of the Maram Grass): Nice harmonies here.

Move a Mountain - A nice upbeat track

Loch Lomond - Voted the greatest Scottish song ever, and I see why. They'd be great to see live.

Tear Down These Walls - A nice message here. I love bands that personify the places they're from. This band does that in spades.

Flower of the West: Great guitar tone on this one, and a killer groove!

Eirinn Beautifully captures to majesty of the land and ability of the Irish people to persevere and live life to its fullest in the face of a troubled past. Great song.

• Like 2

Courtesy of metallithrax...

Ginger Wildheart:

The Wildhearts - Caffeine Bomb -=

:dweez: I love it! Great punk vib and the lyrics are sneaky smart.

The Wildhearts - Vanilla Radio -

This has a fantastic sound to it...middle eastern influence...and then the harmonies are nice touch

Hey Hello - Swimwear -

Mapex drums! That's my current set! Catchy tune with a pop feel!

Hey Hello - How I survived the Punk Wars -

I love the angry sensibility of this one. All the best swear words in all the right places! "Don't eat the bullshit." Good advice, that.

Wildhearts - Stormy in the North, Karma in the South -

Here we go... :haz: and then :7up: . Reminds me of the club days of my youth.

Wildhearts - Sick of Drugs -

Hmmm... a different sort of track here...there's a lot going on. Like a pastiche of the entire breadth of pop-punk.

Ginger Wildheart - Paying it Forward -

Hey...did someone grow up a little bit? Kinder, gentler, a bit more folksy. This song is saccharine sweet in the best way.

Ginger Wildheart - If you find yourself in London Town -

This is nice... Great melody.

Howlin' Willie c*** - Goin' home to Satan -

Man do I love this! Of course, you pretty much had me at c***! Is there anything better than ironically vulgar old-timey country?

Howlin' Willie c*** - A Lil' bit O' gravy -

:laughing guy: Might have to give that a try!

Edited by goose

Hey goose... Budgie, if you please... :LOL:

Listen chronologically, it makes more sense that way. Headphones recommended! Have fun!!

Homicidal Suicidal (1971)

Whisky River (1972)

Hot As A Docker's Armpit (1972)

In The Grip Of A Tyrefitter's Hand (1973)

Parents (1973)

In For The Kill (1974)

Breaking All The House Rules (1975)

Napoleon Bona Part I and II (1975)

Black Velvet Stallion (1976)

Smile Boy Smile (1978)

signed

Breadfan

• Like 2

Hey goose... Budgie, if you please... :LOL:

Homicidal Suicidal (1971)

Whisky River (1972)

Hot As A Docker's Armpit (1972)

In The Grip Of A Tyrefitter's Hand (1973)

Parents (1973)

In For The Kill (1974)

Breaking All The House Rules (1975)

Napoleon Bona Part I and II (1975)

Black Velvet Stallion (1976)

Smile Boy Smile (1978)

So, I'm giving these a listen. So far, I really liked "Parents". "Smile Boy Smile" is a straight ahead southern rock and roll, which really isn't my bag, baby. Now "Black Velvet Stallion", that's got a bit more going on with it. I love its mood...

Likewise with Napoleon Bona! What great intro...and then into an Immigrant Song gallop. Great tune!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

what about del amitri?

The first 3 albums are really good, especially Change Everything Change.

• Like 1

what about del amitri?

The first 3 albums are really good, especially Change Everything Change.

yes great songs. well worth checking out