Let's Play The Voice Game! Which Vocalist Do You Prefer? John Wetton Or Greg Lake?

RUSHHEAD666

I'm Confused! I thought Greg Lake Was John Wetton And I thought John Wetton Was Greg Lake! "Lay Down Your Guns."  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Legendary Vocalist Do You Love The Most?

Two of the best in the music business are gone, but will never be forgotten either. They both RULE!!!

I love both, but going with Wetton here.

Crimson, Asia, ELP, solo careers?

Care to discuss????

ASIA RULES! But not the John Payne In The Ass stuff. JMO

Oh come on Earl, this is way too hard!

They literally both sang on the most important and influential albums of King Crimson's important and influential career. Not to mention they both went on to showcase their vocal talents even better in other bands.

My gut wants to go with Wetton, mostly for Red, but somewhat for Asia as well.

But Lake has those hauntingly beautiful melodies all throughout ELP's golden run, plus all of ITCOTKC. 21st Centry Schizoid Man! I Talk To The Wind! EPITAPH!

This is not possible.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Oh come on Earl, this is way too hard!

They literally both sang on the most important and influential albums of King Crimson's important and influential career. Not to mention they both went on to showcase their vocal talents even better in other bands.

My gut wants to go with Wetton, mostly for Red, but somewhat for Asia as well.

But Lake has those hauntingly beautiful melodies all throughout ELP's golden run, plus all of ITCOTKC. 21st Centry Schizoid Man! I Talk To The Wind! EPITAPH!

This is not possible.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love it! Of course it's hard, hence my first poll of the year. I think. LOL!

"Nobody Said It Was Easy"

Love,

THE FOUR HORSEMEN

• Like 1

damn I forgot both these guys are dead. I guess the stress of those technical parts catches up with you... the proggers are dying when all these simplistic ass party animals are still roaming the earth
  • Like 1

damn I forgot both these guys are dead. I guess the stress of those technical parts catches up with you... the proggers are dying when all these simplistic ass party animals are still roaming the earth

Amazingly sad but true. On that pun, Metallica is shite without Cliff Burton. JMO

The proggers are going faster than playing a game of Frogger.

Sucks.

RIP NEIL ELLWOOD PEART! THE GREATEST!

anyone here see either of these guys live?

I was very lucky bath.

I never saw ASIA in my life, despite being a huge fan as a kid. I grew up on the firs three Asia records. Loved them. "Alpha" was my least favorite of the three.

But it was always a dream for me to see ASIA with original members.

Well I got my wish, and I took my parents to boot! The Regency Ballroom. SF Can't remember the year but it was their last show in the USA so they played the first record all the way though! Then they flew off to Japan.

So happy I saw that show and it was with my mom and dad. They loved it. My dad bought a purple Asia wristband that you can plug into a computer and listen to the show!! EPIC!!!

I did see ELP once at the Concord Pavilion.

But as a drummer my best show was seeing the Carl Palmer Band in SF in some small venue in a basement.

My ex Wendy and I snuck in and watched soundcheck. Incredible.

Carl had his genius guitar player. He looked 17 at the time. Played a guitar solo with an electric toothbrush.

I was blown away.

Carl did a meet and greet after the gig and I was able to meet him. A sweetheart of a man.

Guess I did good bath.

Could have been better though.

I missed RUSH from 1974-1983

I will live. I did the "BEST I CAN."

Improper English, but you get it. I like Queensryche song of the same title......

• Like 1

Greg Lake by a mile. He had to act as defacto producer for ELP and try to figure out melodies that made sense in the midst of Emerson's noodling.

It took someone with the stones of Greg to stand up to Keith.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2