A couple of previews from new album

Vectorman

Some of you guys are already familiar with my musical goings-on from previous message boards, Facebook, etc. Thought I'd post some newer material for those I've fallen out of touch with and anyone else who might like to have a listen. I thought I was done with this album a year ago, but I got off on various tangents and also ended up recording more stuff because I still wasn't totally satisfied with the variety of material I had. It will basically be a collection of sort-of conceptual rock, but with the emphasis placed more on synths and electronic sounds than guitars. (I also have an album of somewhat more guitar/bass/drums-focused material I'm working on that's around 3/4 done that I plan to put out sometime after this.)

Anyway, I think I've just about got things sorted now. I've shot and almost finished editing the video for the opening track, I'm working on the graphics, etc. Hopefully have it out in the next couple of months. (And yes, there's a brief wink-nod to "Distant Early Warning" in the lyrics on the second track I'm posting, as that was the song that got me into Rush and it still holds a special place for me.)

http://youtu.be/TaciBUwTsKI

http://youtu.be/OzmzmQassNU

• Like 2

Hey man, good to see you again! You can actually find them on Youtube just by typing in the artist name on each album plus the word "topic". Apparently cdbaby automatically put them on there at some point, which does make me cringe a little since a lot of what was on those earlier albums was deeply flawed and is a bit embarrassing to me now.

Hey man, good to see you again! You can actually find them on Youtube just by typing in the artist name on each album plus the word "topic". Apparently cdbaby automatically put them on there at some point, which does make me cringe a little since a lot of what was on those earlier albums was deeply flawed and is a bit embarrassing to me now.

But I'd like some FLAC files, and watching those vids doesn't generate any revenue for the artist. Get on the bandcamp bandwagon! ;)

In all seriousness, bandcamp is awesome for home recording artists like us. You get discount codes, which I've used to send out to review sites for free downloads and to offer free copies when I was doing a gofundme for our last album. They can also be used as discount codes. Lots of flexibility on pricing, packages, etc. You could upload your entire back catalog with this next release, offer a discounted price for bundling all your prior releases. And the music seems to stay up indefinitely, no minimum sales/listens. The playback quality is far better than soundcloud or lower bitrate youtube. Some page customization is possible as well. Here's the page for my last album from a couple years ago:

https://theboogeymen.../missing-pieces

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info on Bandcamp. It's on my to-do list to look into it, or at least some solution for being able to offer hi-res FLAC files, since listeners who opt for physical CD's are such an increasingly small percentage (which is a bit sad in a way - it makes music seem so ephemeral when it's just digital files with no packaging and artwork - but it is what it is, eh?)

Btw, after living with it for a few days, I think I might have smoothed off the top end on "Sky Why" a little too much. I do favor smoother-sounding mixes with somewhat less top end emphasis than is often heard on mixes today, but might have tipped a little too far in that direction with that mix. Fortunately these aren't necessarily final mixes and nothing's been mastered yet, so there's still time to make adjustments.

David, I've given your new album a couple listens now. Wow, there's a lot in those tracks to digest. Retro and modern synths, your usual exceptionally busy and groovy bass lines, Rush based prog infused song structures. Your vocals have taken a step up from prior material I've heard as well. Drumming is... perfectly good, though so far it's taking a back seat to the other musical elements. There's a lot to digest. Music production is studio caliber, and I'm fairly picky as you might know. Truly ambitious effort.

From my limited listens, this track has already stuck with me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V66CWC9a0o

Thanks very much for the kind words, good sir - glad you're digging it! I didn't even realize cdbaby had posted the tracks to Youtube yet until I saw this. So apparently distribution is finally underway - hopefully the CD's and downloads will be showing up on Amazon, iTunes, etc. soon.

I've had the music video for "Fringe Case" on Facebook for about a month - figured I would "tickle" it there first until the album became available to buy. I guess since that will be happening soon, I should get it up on Youtube this week as well. If anyone would like to check it out on FB in the meantime, here's the link...

https://www.facebook...078431198929245