The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

I like this new playoff format. Don't like having 2 bye teams per conference. The extra team reduces the possibility of a 10 win team missing the playoffs. Even Washington gave TB a game of it.

The Washington-Tampa game would have been played under the old format.

The Buffalo- Indianapolis game was hyper entertaining. On the other hand, an 8-8 Trubisky led team made the playoffs :facepalm:

true and the 10 win dolphins missed the playoffs, but they were in opposite conferences. the only realistic improvement on this is you have cross-conference matchups if the win totals are greater for the last 1-2 teams, i.e. no bears, miami plays in nfc.

there's always been conferences a little out of balance, especially in the nba. there's been the idea in the nba to seat 1-16 based solely on win totals.

Edited by HemiBeers

Watching the stealers shit the bed last night helped ease the pain of the Seahawks beat down at the hands of the Rams if only a tiny little bit.

I lived in Bengal Land for my first 22 years. The old Bengal fan in me LOVED seeing the Steelers get humiliated.

I've lived in Packer Land for the past 38 years. This Packer fan LOVED seeing the Seahawks get beaten down. ;)

:( fists%20crying.gif :banghead: :sigh:

• Like 1

The game I'm most looking forward to is New Orleans-Tampa Bay. It has all the makings of an epic gridiron battle. Two hall of fame QBs, one of which (Tom Brady) that was embarrassed in the teams' first two meetings this season. :)

The game I'm most looking forward to is New Orleans-Tampa Bay. It has all the makings of an epic gridiron battle. Two hall of fame QBs, one of which (Tom Brady) that was embarrassed in the teams' first two meetings this season. :)

Rooting hard for the Saints. Not a Tawmmmmy fan and tired of seeing the Saints get screwed by refs.

• Like 1

Rooting hard for the Saints. Not a Tawmmmmy fan and tired of seeing the Saints get screwed by refs.

Thanks, dtte, now you've got me thinking: Which team is most likely to win thanks to an official's screw up? Based on previous performances, gonna say Green Bay!
  • Like 1

Thanks, dtte, now you've got me thinking: Which team is most likely to win thanks to an official's screw up? Based on previous performances, gonna say Green Bay!

A well timed hands to the face penalty is the odds on favorite.

• Like 1

I'm going with roughing the pansy passer. Edited by pjbear05

I'm going with roughing the pansy passer.

APnpye2.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going with roughing the pansy passer.

APnpye2.jpg

I really do respect Rodgers' talent and mental acumen from the QB position, but seriously, there are few other men on the planet for whom the word "bitch" is more appropo.

If the Rams can get first downs by running the ball, they'll have a real chance to win the game.

I'm worried about the passing, though. And the weather.

GO RAMS!

Rams within a TD, but Goff's inability to avoid a sack kills the drive. Packers D has been solid, as has their offensive line.

If the Rams can get first downs by running the ball, they'll have a real chance to win the game.

GO RAMS!

Packers D has been solid

Solid isn't good enough. They can't play soft zone like that all the time.

GO RAMS!

Packers D has been solid

True. But they've put pressure on Goff most series.

Meanwhile, Roger's is looking like the league MVP that he is. That throw to Lazzard was perfect.

GO RAMS!

Packers D has been solid

True. But they've put pressure on Goff most series.

Meanwhile, Rodgers is looking like the league MVP that he is. That throw to Lazard was perfect.

Lazard getting redemption after dropping that easy TD was the feel-good moment of the game. :sundog:

What are the Bill's doing running out of bounds play after play?

ETA: 3rd and 1 and you go deep into double coverage? Right out of the How to Lose a 14pt Lead playbook.

Edited by goose

ETA: 3rd and 1 and you go deep into double coverage? Right out of the How to Lose a 14pt Lead playbook.

They've been a very low percentage offense this whole game. Except on their one scoring drive.

I don't see Daboll being successful as a head coach.

They've been a very low percentage offense this whole game. Except on their one scoring drive.

I don't see Daboll being successful as a head coach.

What a horrible series.

If it wasn't for the way Pittsburgh played against Cleveland, then in one of the A.F.C. Divisional games, it would've likely been Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. It would've, and could've gone either way. Pittsburgh, hasn't ever had, and been a useless N.F.L. team. Before the Kansas City, and Cleveland Divisional game started, I hoped that Kansas City would beat Cleveland. Edited by Derek19