KK's Priest - The new Priest is launched!

treeduck

5e4bf2b278034.jpg

I wonder what's going on in the background with the forest and mountains? Could this artwork suggest the style of metal music??

Yeah, it's definitely Transylvania Goth!

Album title is Kiss Of Judas. :smoke:

• Like 1

This is kinda too bitter for me to be excited about, but still... KK and Les on stage together playing classic Priest...that's pretty cool.
  • Like 1

5e4bf2b278034.jpg

I wonder what's going on in the background with the forest and mountains? Could this artwork suggest the style of metal music??

Yeah, it's definitely Transylvania Goth!

Album title is Kiss Of Judas. :smoke:

:16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

• Like 1

So groups in the UK don't go through that whole thing of who owns the name, with the first owner alleging that the second user of it is stealing all their fans and their income? Or have they worked something out, kind of like how Yes split into two for awhile?

Well it's not the actual full name. The name that will be protected with be the Judas Priest name with the two words together and all the logos they have. The word priest could be used anywhere and there's not a lot that can be done to block it.

• Like 2

So groups in the UK don't go through that whole thing of who owns the name, with the first owner alleging that the second user of it is stealing all their fans and their income? Or have they worked something out, kind of like how Yes split into two for awhile?

Well it's not the actual full name. The name that will be protected with be the Judas Priest name with the two words together and all the logos they have. The word priest could be used anywhere and there's not a lot that can be done to block it.

And why should they even try? It's cheap promotion for both bands cause everybody in the business talks about them.

• Like 2

And why should they even try? It's cheap promotion for both bands cause everybody in the business talks about them.

He should have called it KK Downing's Run of the Steel Mill!

And if it goes wrong KK Downing on Caviar and Meths...or just meths!

• Like 2

Lol. Every other name is better than KK's Priest!

What about KK and The Rage, KK's Metal Gods, KK's Invaders, KK's Green Manalishi's, KK's K's...

• Like 3

What about Spawn of Halford - The Cheaters? Or KK Downing's Dying to Beat you? Beyond the Realms of Downing? Better my Priest, Better Than Yours? KK Downing's My Way or the Highway? KK Downing's China Desert Plates?
  • Like 2

What about Spawn of Halford - The Cheaters? Or KK Downing's Dying to Beat you? Beyond the Realms of Downing? Better my Priest, Better Than Yours? KK Downing's My Way or the Highway? KK Downing's China Desert Plates?

:ebert: :clap: :joker:

• Like 1

So was KK not happy in Judas Priest for awhile? I thought he quit for health reasons, that he couldn’t hack touring anymore, or was having some other kind of personal problems.

In 2011 he said there many reasons why he left and hinted at problems with the rest of the band. A couple of years ago, after the announcement of Glenn Tipton's medical condition and retirement from touring, plus KK's book, on the eve of the Firepower tour, they got into a full scale slagging match with KK saying stuff like Tipton got to play most of the solos, and criticised the performances, and he suggested that Tipton didn't play on Firepower. I don't think Downing has been invited to play on Priest's 50th anniversary tour either so they don't seem on good terms at all.

Got it...I must have been confusing Glenn Tipton’s end to touring with KK.

Shame their relationships to each other went that sour though, after all that time as bandmates.

It's interesting that each band is kind of balanced out with one original member each, one who joined in the classic era, one who joined in the 90's and two guys were hired recently.

I get kind of irritated when people put down Priest (which I'm not saying you're doing) for only having one "original" member remaining. OK, TECHNICALLY that's true. But Rob was on the first album (which introduced Judas Priest to the world). Other than two (crap) albums in the middle, he's been the voice of the band for 50 years. Therefore, in my (and I imagine most people's eyes), he's essentially an original member. I doubt you'll find many ex-Priest fans complaining that they were never as good again after Al Atkins. ;)

As for this new KK project, the name really smacks of desperation. He must've made one last plea to get back into Priest (the band he claimed SUCKED at the time he left - other than him of course), been told no and then stole part of the name to get back at them. If you really believe there's "overwhelming demand" (LOL!) for your return, then go out as "KK's Steel Mill" or whatever rather than trying to piss on your former band (and their fans). Rob solo didn't call himself 'Halford's Priest'. I'm willing to give the new songs a chance because of the other musicians involved, but Mr. Downing continues to be a joke as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

So was KK not happy in Judas Priest for awhile? I thought he quit for health reasons, that he couldn’t hack touring anymore, or was having some other kind of personal problems.

In 2011 he said there many reasons why he left and hinted at problems with the rest of the band. A couple of years ago, after the announcement of Glenn Tipton's medical condition and retirement from touring, plus KK's book, on the eve of the Firepower tour, they got into a full scale slagging match with KK saying stuff like Tipton got to play most of the solos, and criticised the performances, and he suggested that Tipton didn't play on Firepower. I don't think Downing has been invited to play on Priest's 50th anniversary tour either so they don't seem on good terms at all.

Shame their relationships to each other went that sour though, after all that time as bandmates.

It's interesting that each band is kind of balanced out with one original member each, one who joined in the classic era, one who joined in the 90's and two guys were hired recently.

I get kind of irritated when people put down Priest (which I'm not saying you're doing) for only having one "original" member remaining. OK, TECHNICALLY that's true. But Rob was on the first album (which introduced Judas Priest to the world). Other than two (crap) albums in the middle, he's been the voice of the band for 50 years. Therefore, in my (and I imagine most people's eyes), he's essentially an original member. I doubt you'll find many ex-Priest fans complaining that they were never as good again after Al Atkins. ;)

As for this new KK project, the name really smacks of desperation. He must've made one last plea to get back into Priest (the band he claimed SUCKED at the time he left - other than him of course), been told no and then stole part of the name to get back at them. If you really believe there's "overwhelming demand" (LOL!) for your return, then go out as "KK's Steel Mill" or whatever rather than trying to piss on your former band (and their fans). Rob solo didn't call himself 'Halford's Priest'. I'm willing to give the new songs a chance because of the other musicians involved, but Mr. Downing continues to be a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I've no argument with that regarding Halford's place as an original member, same with Tipton.

It's probably the worst name he could have come up with, it's like a joke name and I can come up with a million joke names that are better.

I didn't hear about Priest saying Downing sucked, I thought he retired and that was all it was?

• Like 3

What about KK and The Rage, KK's Metal Gods, KK's Invaders, KK's Green Manalishi's, KK's K's...

How about KK'S TURBOLOVERBLOWUPDOLLKISSMEARSEHOLEFOOLS

There is only one Judas Priest. THE REAL METAL GOD!!!!!!!! ROB FUKKING HALFORD!!!!!!!!! THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME!!!!! SORRY MR. MERCURY!

• Like 3

Turbo Lover and Ram It Down???

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

That's true Michael. I will agree on the Iced Earth stuff.

I am sorry, I just can't stand it when Ripper was in Judas Priest. Horrible.

But outside of Priest, he can belt it out.

There is only one Judas Priest. THE REAL METAL GOD!!!!!!!! ROB FUKKING HALFORD!!!!!!!!! THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME!!!!! SORRY MR. MERCURY!

You'll buy both Earl. Especially the Japanese editions!

You'll buy both Earl. Especially the Japanese editions!

Hahaha! Earl The Whore! With bonus track and a pin. LOL

• Like 1

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

Now he's in KK's Devil Digging Machine Men

Now he's in KK's Devil Digging Machine Men

LOL!

• Like 1