KK's Priest - The new Priest is launched!

treeduck

Richie Faulkner is on twitter and facebook, I'm surprised no Priest fans have asked him about KK's Priest yet. He must be deleting those comments under instruction.

Probably not him directly, an admin of their page maybe. Richie seems like a cool straight shooter and I doubt he'd avoid a question about this. He's said a lot of complimentary things about KK in the past, including about his recent gigs. They're all bound to be asked about it sooner or later. Just wish they'd use this spare time to get their own album finished. It's nice that Rob's leather is clean now, but what we really need to get through this is new Priest tunes!

I think this upcoming Euro leg of the tour is probably going to be cancelled, maybe the whole tour, so when they can't tour maybe they "forge ahead" like KK and get on with recording the album.

It's true that Richie did say a lot of complimentary things about KK, calling him one of his idols at one point. Things changed though when KK made some comments about him being a hired hand taking a weekly wage and he responded with a pretty harsh words. After that he's never mentioned him again more or less.

Here's what he said:

Faulkner's statement follows in its entirety:

"Regarding a recent untruthful article, I'm not sure why anyone feels they have the right to openly discuss others' financial standings, true or otherwise. This seems to be intended as a swipe at the band and an attempt to devalue my and Scott's position in the band.

"For the record, I have not been paid a wage since 2012 and have always been given creative input in this band since day one.

"This band of brothers have been nothing but a family to me and both band and management have always stated and demonstrated they wanted a band member.

"It's an honor to serve in the best heavy metal band in the world and give 1000% to the fans around the globe that have supported this band for 50 years.

"It's a shame that someone I held in such high regard feels the need to take these low roads when I've done absolutely nothing but give my absolute all to a position he left of his own accord. It's both uninformed, unfounded, unnecessary and very unfortunate and disappointing.

"We've always stood firm to not get involved in Internet clickbait, but I felt this crossed a line for me personally and wanted to set these untruths straight myself."

• Like 2

I recently heard this metal band called Accept, that I've never heard before via a female friend who posted one of their songs ('Balls To the Wall') on social media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97r0CiCAKXw

The vocalist sounds like a combination of Bon Scott and Brian Johnson of AC/DC and Lemmy of Motorhead.

However the music has this Judas Priest vibe about it. I listened to this and then 'Grinder' afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iB9dnRPeRY

Edited by RushFanForever

I recently heard this metal band called Accept, that I've never heard before via a female friend who posted one of their songs ('Balls To the Wall') on social media.

The vocalist sounds like a combination of Bon Scott and Brian Johnson of AC/DC and Lemmy of Motorhead.

However the music has this Judas Priest vibe about it. I listened to this and then 'Grinder' afterwards.

Have you only just heard of them?

Yes just a couple of days ago.

When I first saw them live Wolf Hoffmann (their guitarist) still had hair, lots of it! :LOL:

• Like 1

I think this upcoming Euro leg of the tour is probably going to be cancelled, maybe the whole tour, so when they can't tour maybe they "forge ahead" like KK and get on with recording the album.

Seems like the gods really don't want Priest to share gigs with Ozzy! How many times was that postponed already?

• Like 1

Seems like the gods really don't want Priest to share gigs with Ozzy! How many times was that postponed already?

Twice already I think. I agree with God in this case, Priest should headline not be a support band.

• Like 2

MESSAGES FROM KK:

APRIL 2, 2020:

INTRODUCING AJ MILLS, BY K.K

AJ was just 14 when he saw his first ever concert at our show in Birmingham England in 2001 with Ripper on vocals, since then he has aspired to be a guitarist. Years later I was introduced to AJ and his band Hostile through his uncle Steve who I went to school with. Needless to say I became involved and started to help where I could, producing their two albums and writing a song for them. The band went on to support internationally bands such as Megadeth, Manowar, Machine Head to name a few.

AJ is from my home town so I feel very comfortable having him as a guitar partner and it’s good to keep connected to the origins and the birthplace of the original Priest.

AJ has gone from strength to strength as a guitarist, and please check out AJ playing Beyond the Realms of Death with me at our one-off gig at the Steelmill last November HERE.

We very much appreciate your support and look forward to presenting to you a new album which is well on the way and a world tour as soon as possible,

I would also like shortly introduce bass player Tony Newton to you, so please be sure to check back here and Explorer1 for more updates or see more news and photos and subscribe HERE.

K.K

MESSAGES FROM KK:

APRIL 2, 2020:

AJ was just 14 when he saw his first ever concert at our show in Birmingham England in 2001 with Ripper on vocals, since then he has aspired to be a guitarist. Years later I was introduced to AJ and his band Hostile through his uncle Steve who I went to school with. Needless to say I became involved and started to help where I could, producing their two albums and writing a song for them. The band went on to support internationally bands such as Megadeth, Manowar, Machine Head to name a few.

AJ is from my home town so I feel very comfortable having him as a guitar partner and it’s good to keep connected to the origins and the birthplace of the original Priest.

AJ has gone from strength to strength as a guitarist, and please check out AJ playing Beyond the Realms of Death with me at our one-off gig at the Steelmill last November HERE.

We very much appreciate your support and look forward to presenting to you a new album which is well on the way and a world tour as soon as possible,

I would also like shortly introduce bass player Tony Newton to you, so please be sure to check back here and Explorer1 for more updates or see more news and photos and subscribe HERE.

K.K

:facepalm:

MESSAGES FROM KK:

APRIL 2, 2020:

K.K

• Like 1

MESSAGES FROM KK:

APRIL 2, 2020:

K.K

Hahaha! I just left you a ditty in the Vandenberg Thread.

Yes Pat. Good call.

I have "Blood Of Nations" still in my cd player.

EPIC!

ACCEPT have always been ahead of the curve buddy.

ACCEPT will be in my top five best bands forever.

• Like 1

MESSAGES FROM KK:

APRIL 2, 2020:

K.K

Hahaha! I just left you a ditty in the Vandenberg Thread.

Yes Pat. Good call.

I have "Blood Of Nations" still in my cd player.

EPIC!

ACCEPT have always been ahead of the curve buddy.

ACCEPT will be in my top five best bands forever.

What about KISS??

A MESSAGE FROM KK - May 12th 2020:

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in to say a big hello from myself and the band!

We are now just waiting for studio facilities to re-open in order to mix and master the album.

We are incredibly excited and totally ready for the launch of what we consider to be an exceptional and important record; we sincerely hope that you will agree!

Although we are all enduring frustration in so many ways, we have to stay positive and patient, and hope that the live venues will soon be active again. It is our intention to be able to play for you as soon as we possibly can. We did have some festivals booked this year but understandable they had to be cancelled this time around, but rest assured management is talking with the agents and promoters to reschedule and we will be first in line to offer up our availability to promoters all around the world.

Our thoughts and sympathy are with everyone and their associated families and friends that have been victims or have directly suffered from this terrible virus, let’s stay strong and supportive together so that we can beat this world crisis into submission.

I’m sure that you will all join us in saying a massive thank you to all medical and associated institutions for their hard work and bravery in the front line of this battle, as without them the cause would surely be lost.

For now, stay safe, we will all be together again soon at a venue near you, for some great classic and new metal.

K.K

• Like 1

When I first saw them live Wolf Hoffmann (their guitarist) still had hair, lots of it! :LOL:

And what about Audi? Did he have none?

:LOL:

Cars don't have hair!

2019-audi-r8-v10-performance-looks-brutal-in-yellow_3.jpg

Cars don't have hair!

Stupid autocorrect!

Udo, you know...

• Like 1

Cars don't have hair!

Stupid autocorrect!

Udo, you know...

He had a 1982 Rob Halford bleach crew cut.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

I have never heard the Priest albums that he was a part of, and never knew he was in Iced Earth!

R-1771945-1313250848.jpeg.jpg

Thanks - I never knew he was with Iced Earth either. Not a big Iced Earth fan although I do have 1 or 2 albums. This may encourage me to go get that album at least.

This is interesting news. Pitty is would seem that KK is on such bad terms with Priest after all these years. Sill, with Ripper in the group (and I actually enjoyed his work with Priest, he is a good singer just not Rob) this could be very interesting.

To have the real deal plus this out there is very interesting. Double the Priest!! They can count on me for album sales.

• Like 1

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

I have never heard the Priest albums that he was a part of, and never knew he was in Iced Earth!

Thanks - I never knew he was with Iced Earth either. Not a big Iced Earth fan although I do have 1 or 2 albums. This may encourage me to go get that album at least.

This is interesting news. Pitty is would seem that KK is on such bad terms with Priest after all these years. Sill, with Ripper in the group (and I actually enjoyed his work with Priest, he is a good singer just not Rob) this could be very interesting.

To have the real deal plus this out there is very interesting. Double the Priest!! They can count on me for album sales.

They also have Les Binks on drums so that's three Priest members.

They also have Les Binks on drums so that's three Priest members.

True - I know he was Judas Priest's drummer in the 70's but other than that I know very little about him. Has Bink's done anything of note in the years since he left Priest?

Check out their live DVD "Restless and Live". Also, check out their album "The Rise of Chaos". These were not done with their original lead singer (who you hear on the mighty "Balls to the Wall". But they are very good.