Huey Lewis & The News - new album Weather

RushFanForever

Huey Lewis and The News have released a new album Weather on February 14th.

I had a listen to their new song 'Her Love Is Killin' Me', which is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjIg10axqQ

Two years ago, Lewis was diagnosed with Meniere's disease, a disorder affecting the inner ear that can trigger spells of dizziness and hearing loss, which he's mentioned in this 2019 interview here.

These two recent interviews from CBS Sunday Morning

(great to know where the album cover for Sports is photographed at) and from Amoeba Records
about 'what's in his musical shopping bag', are both cool to view.

I should throw in about the 'one song that changed Lewis's life' mentioned

The one album Huey Lewis likes is Sinatra at the Sands, which was also a favorite of Neil Peart's mentioned in Traveling Music: The Soundtrack to My Life and Times.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

So sad to hear about his hearing loss. Sports is the first album I actually remember listening to when I was about 3 years old. My dad played it a lot.

invisible airwave that's cool as you've referenced the album cover in your profile avatar photo. :)

It's interesting of note that to promote the 30th anniversary of Sports in 2013, that the News went and photographed a modern version of themselves in the same venue as noted here.

Edited by RushFanForever

I had a listen to their new song 'Her Love Is Killin' Me', which is pretty good.

Two years ago, Lewis was diagnosed with Meniere's disease, a disorder affecting the inner ear that can trigger spells of dizziness and hearing loss, which he's mentioned in this 2019 interview here.

(great to know where the album cover for Sports is photographed at) and from Amoeba Records

The one album Huey Lewis likes is Sinatra at the Sands, which was also a favorite of Neil Peart's mentioned in Traveling Music: The Soundtrack to My Life and Times.

THIS VIDEO IS INCREDIBLE!!

I am racing out the door to get the new album NOW!!! I LOVE HUEY!!!! "FORE!" is my all time favorite record. "Jacob's Ladder" is just as good as the Rush track. Great song!

It really sucks about his hearing loss, but I am hoping and my fingers are crossed that he can tour again. Is there any "News" about a 2020 tour?

I remember watching the movie "Short Cuts" years ago and you can see Huey's weenie. No short cut there. He can complete with Tommy Lee. lol

• Like 1

The video for 'Her Love Is Killin' Me' features a cast of celebrity guests which includes Jimmy Kimmel, Brandon Flowers, Cedric the Entertainer, Jimmy Buffett, Michael Keaton, Yvette Nicole Brown, Rick Sutcliffe, Bruce Bochy, June Lockhart, Sal Iacono, Andy Garcia, Ray Benson, Chris Berman, Topher Grace, Brad Paisley, Sean Hayes, Joe Montana, Patrick Warburton, and Wendie Malick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LH712wRlQ

This is similar to what RUSH did with the R40 Live video for 'Roll The Bones' featuring Peter Dinklage, Chad Smith, Jay Baruchel, Les Claypool, Tom Morello, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, and Trailer Park Boys actors John Paul Tremblay, Robb Wells, and Mike Smith.

Edited by RushFanForever

Huey Lewis and the News we’re the first band I ever saw play live; I was 11 years old, summer of 1984, Sports tour. Loved it. They have always been a good live band.

I agree that I might not give much attention to a new album from them at this stage...but then again, I might.

I am racing out the door to get the new album NOW!!! I LOVE HUEY!!!! "FORE!" is my all time favorite record. "Jacob's Ladder" is just as good as the Rush track. Great song!

It really sucks about his hearing loss, but I am hoping and my fingers are crossed that he can tour again. Is there any "News" about a 2020 tour?

I remember watching the movie "Short Cuts" years ago and you can see Huey's weenie. No short cut there. He can complete with Tommy Lee. lol

I hate to say this, but they were supposed to play here last summer and all of the tour dates were canceled due to the hearing loss. I had heard it was their sax player, at first, and not Huey.

But who knows? Hopefully they may be able to do it again.

Like Steely Dan- you go back...Jack...and do it again...!

• Like 1

I hate to say this, but they were supposed to play here last summer and all of the tour dates were canceled due to the hearing loss. I had heard it was their sax player, at first, and not Huey.

If you'd watched this video you'd know who it was

I was referring to last summer, right when the tour dates were canceled. That video didn’t exist then.

I was referring to last summer, right when the tour dates were canceled. That video didn’t exist then.

Yeah but Huey lost his hearing in early 2018 so he hasn't been able to sing since then. That's what he says in the video.

This clip below of Huey Lewis & the News from the Fore! tour is hilarious.

Before they perform 'Bad Is Bad', Huey is rolling out a drum machine (it's the drum part on the studio version) on a wagon onstage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjAvBdJJbFg

I love this band dude!!!!! I wish I saw the "Fore" Tour!!! UGH!!

Before they perform 'Bad Is Bad', Huey is rolling out a drum machine (it's the drum part on the studio version) on a wagon onstage.

Huey is almost deaf now Earl and can't sing. He hears everything distorted like his whole life is one long death metal concert. His singing comes out now as flat as your favourite pancakes.

Huey is almost deaf now Earl and can't sing. He hears everything distorted like his whole life is one long death metal concert. His singing comes out now as flat as your favourite pancakes.

I know dude. I'm bummed. I was just on his website. Saw he was coming to SF, but it's "In Conversation With..."

Sucks man.

I know dude. I'm bummed. I was just on his website. Saw he was coming to SF, but it's "In Conversation With..."

Sucks man.

Aye.

They were my favorite band as a kid. I still enjoy the 80s stuff from time to time. They were the first ever rock band I saw in an arena. Back in like 1987 or 88. I was too young to remember the exact year.

That's awesome.

Huey is from here and sadly I'm a Huey Lewis And The News virgin. Sucks.