Lee/Lifeson Project Set list

dtpoet

Dreaming but dreams don’t need to have motion.

First, I think a tour would be great. A great way to honor Neil and earn a few bucks as well.

If they were to decide to tour in some form, what would the set list be? Keep in mind that it would probably be a shorter set than in the past. Besides, I think it would allow them to include songs from their solo albums which they never got to perform live on their own.

(Mind you, I don’t know any of Victor)

The Spirit of Radio

Limelight

Stick It Out

Runaway Train

“Victor Song 1”

Afterimage / Ghost Rider

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

“Victor Song 2”

The Present Tense / Moving To Bohemia

The Pass / Time Stand Still

Closer To The Heart

The Trees

YYZ (video of Neil performing solo)

Resist (acoustic) / Bravado (acoustic)

The Garden

Far Cry

Subdivisions

Encore:

Headlong Flight

2112:

- Overture

- Temples of Syrinx

- Grand Finale

• Like 3

I wouldn’t want any Rush played. Songs from My Favorite Headache, Victor, Feedback, and new tunes would be the way to go for me.

I doubt I would’ve had the same opinion two months ago. But yeah, things are obviously different.

i don’t think there is any avoiding playing Rush songs if Lee and Lifeson reunite. I could see them doing a record of new material and playing most of that, plus Rush numbers.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t want any Rush played. Songs from My Favorite Headache, Victor, Feedback, and new tunes would be the way to go for me.

I doubt I would’ve had the same opinion two months ago. But yeah, things are obviously different.

i don’t think there is any avoiding playing Rush songs if Lee and Lifeson reunite. I could see them doing a record of new material and playing most of that, plus Rush numbers.

Almost definitely. I’m just saying I don’t care to see it. Yeah, I realize thousands of fans do though

• Like 2

Might as well call it a Rush show, despite the fact they all agreed that they aren't Rush without the 3 of them. It's gonna be uncomfortable to do any tour with any material at this point. Just imagine the amount of shit the drummer would have to put up with.
  • Like 1

But I’d like to think we’re mostly not like any other fan base. I think our base would welcome an accomplished drummer or two filling in. WE know there’s only 1 Neil and we wouldn’t whoever it was to be Neil.

And know, they wouldn’t go by Rush. It has long been documented that there isn’t a Rush without all three. However, using another name gets around that. Semantics I know.

• Like 1

If this ever happens, there will be a number of new songs. Maybe covers too.

They will remember the past, but probably also will want to show they're moving on.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Reality is they are closing in on 70. Geddy’s voice has been pushed to its limits in the last decade, and Alex’s arthritic hands give him no small amount of grief.

I can maybe see a small scale project or collaboration, but I would be surprised if they revisited anything definitively Rush. I think Rush “retired” for good when Neil died, and for me personally, that’s as it should be.

• Like 9

My meaningless vote goes towards all Rush songs being permanently retired from live performance.

If they are to make music together, let it be new music, which begins a new era.

• Like 2

My meaningless vote goes towards all Rush songs being permanently retired from live performance.

If they are to make music together, let it be new music, which begins a new era.

Let them all make their own music.

• Like 6

Couldn't give a monkeys chuff one way or the other to be honest.....lets be frank, they would really need to get in a guest singer as there is no way Geddy could cut the mustard vocally nowadays.
  • Like 1

Couldn't give a monkeys chuff one way or the other to be honest.....lets be frank, they would really need to get in a guest singer as there is no way Geddy could cut the mustard vocally nowadays.

Or it could be an all instrumental project. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I get the feeling Alex is cool with retirement and just showing up for random guest spots here and there. I think Geddy will give us some more solo material though. I just get the impression that Geddy still wants to work on new music.

• Like 2

I will always support Geddy and Alex but I hope they never do anything again together. Just let it be. It's OVER!

Why would you hope that? If they worked together and called the project “Lee/Lifeson”, how would that be “over” since it was never JUST the two of them at any point? To be clear, I’m talking about writing new music. I’m curious.

• Like 1

They'll probably need a lead guitarist as well.

• Like 1

I'm sure Geddy could manage the less demanding vocal material still, like The Garden for example - no? As for six string duties, I have no idea what condition Alex' hands are in these days. Five years ago Geddy said that his arthritis was "not a small thing". I doubt he'll ever tour again. Maybe they'll play a couple of songs at some charity or award event in the next couple of years.

What would the ideal "setlist" for a couple of songs be? Something a bit wistful or sentimental. Limelight and Bravado, or The Pass.

• Like 1

When Don Henley embarked on his 2015, 2016, and 2017 solo tours, he wasn't going to bombard fans with a set list consisting of all Eagles songs.

The focus was solely 80% of songs from Henley's solo career, with 20% Eagles songs.

Geddy and Alex should possibly do something similar.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

My only question is who would play drums on such a venture.

That will be very heavily scrutinized, and such a project might be DOA because "nobody can replace Neil"

While I'd love to see it, I have to concur.....Geddy and Alex are done. Sadly. :(

• Like 1

When Don Henley embarked on his 2015, 2016, and 2017 solo tours, he wasn't going to bombard fans with a set list consisting of all Eagles songs.

The focus was solely 80% of songs from Henley's solo career, with 20% Eagles songs.

Geddy and Alex should possibly do something similar.

Yup - it’s a painful process I’m sure to get up and running, but eventually I think they’d find a groove, writing new material and touring behind that. Some people might not like it, but I think people would warm to new Al and Ged music eventually.

• Like 2

First off, The Lee/Lifeson project is the perfect name. Of course you go with a mix of Rush/ Victor/MFH music. Re MFH, Grace to Grace would be an excellent addition. A drum solo during a live gig might be odd, because nobody is coming close to The Professor. Please guys, give it a thought.
  • Like 2

The setlist would contain the entire 90 minute "I Think I'm Going Bald Suite"...

Part I: Going Bald (The Dome of Hell)

Part II: Long Beautiful Hair

Part III: Samson Won't Even Trim It

Part IV: Hip E Minor (instrumental)

Part V: Rat Tail or Braidings are for Maidens

Part VI: A Trip to the Mystical Salon (Instrumental)

Part VII: I Think I'm Going Grey

Part VIII: Where Has All the Good Hair Gone

Part IX: Going Bald (Reprise)

• Like 6