Oscars 2020

goose

My inner 9 year old went ecstatic with Lin Manuel’s shout out to Turtle Power. Also, it’s a crime Janelle Monae isn’t as big of a pop star as most overrated singers and rappers these days like Swift and Cardi. Her, Alicia Keys and Bruno are the few of late I don’t mind at all.

I still need to see Parasite. Just realized the director made the underrated monster movie from a decade ago, The Host. Saw it on Netflix when it came out.

All jokes aside, congrats to Pitt and Joaquin. The latter’s speech went off tangent with that whole thing about milk. It’s as if he went back to his behavior on Letterman.

tenor.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

Was that on last night? Shit, I missed it. Did Real Housewives of Orange County finally break through this year?
  • Like 2

I didn’t watch at all, but I just looked it up and saw that American Factory did win the documentary category...I kind of knew the directors once upon a time; they were professors where I went to college, and I took some film theory classes for a short while.

Other than that...well, I don’t think I saw any of the big cineplex-type movies that were up for awards...so yeah, I didn’t watch.

• Like 1

I didn't even realize it was on. That would explain why none of the gay regulars were in attendance at last night's AA meeting.

I know what I do and don't want to spend my entertainment money on; it matters not one whit whether some self-important highbrow committee thinks a certain movie is praiseworthy. I would rather watch Zombieland any day over much of the crap that wins awards. (Zombieland is the shit, period).

I also don't give a rat's ass about what celebrities are wearing or who they're screwing.

• Like 1

I didn't even realize it was on. That would explain why none of the gay regulars were in attendance at last night's AA meeting.

Before my uncle moved away I used to the token hetero at his annual Oscars party. Watching with that crowd was a riot.
  • Like 1

I know what I do and don't want to spend my entertainment money on; it matters not one whit whether some self-important highbrow committee thinks a certain movie is praiseworthy. I would rather watch Zombieland any day over much of the crap that wins awards. (Zombieland is the shit, period).

I also don't give a rat's ass about what celebrities are wearing or who they're screwing.....

.....or what their opinions are on basically any subject.

Clearly they didn't hear Ricky Gervais at the last awards show.

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 2