Beautiful tribute video about Neil from the Rushcon people

blueschica

This video is about 7 minutes long- I really liked it. It's a collection of messages of sorrow, and celebrations of Neil's life. I'm sorry I couldn't get it to play directly on here but I don't know how to embed the Facebook stuff.

https://www.facebook...83452929011471/

• Like 6

Looks amazing Becky. I can't watch it yet. I tried...........I cried...............

I was the same way yesterday when I watched it. I thought I was doing ok with this loss and then it all comes back again . . .

• Like 4

Damn, this is too much. :sigh:

Thank you For sharing this video Blueschica. I cried thru the whole thing. Its so touching. ♥ Im still not over his death.

:hug2: :hug2: It sounds too dramatic, but in some ways it's really a different world without him.

• Like 3

Looks amazing Becky. I can't watch it yet. I tried...........I cried...............

I was the same way yesterday when I watched it. I thought I was doing ok with this loss and then it all comes back again . . .

You nailed it Becky. I'm doing ok one day, then it all comes back again!

• Like 4

2:21 = :(

Hadn't seen that image before...

I have watched the video several times and there is so much in it I didn't even catch that image of only two until you pointed it out. I agree, it's really poignant. :(

• Like 2

This video is about 7 minutes long- I really liked it. It's a collection of messages of sorrow, and celebrations of Neil's life. I'm sorry I couldn't get it to play directly on here but I don't know how to embed the Facebook stuff.

https://www.facebook...83452929011471/

Beautiful, and brutal...

Sometimes I still can't believe it.

• Like 2

Brings it all back again, I wish it wasn't true :(

Only thing about that video is it needs to be slower so you can read the tributes.

I listened to The Pass earlier, which is one of my favourites due to the hooky melody (rare for Rush) and, of course, wonderful storytelling.

• Like 3

ditto

:hug2:

• Like 1

I am with everyone, I didn't last a minute before I was crying. So beautiful and heart wrenching. Such a loss, he meant so much to so many. Wow :rose: :( :hug2:
  • Like 2

Ach!

I am not an emotional person, despite a lot of death and sickness around me growing up, I don't dwell on sadness. I am often called "the funny one", I prefer life with smiles.

I got upset a couple of times over the news, I had my solo snow shoe and flinted a small fire and had a very small "glass" of scotch in his memory.

I can read articles and the soooo many tributes and yes it is sad, but they are on my time, you know?

But this whole collage of tributes is a lot to take. In a good way, but it really hits.

I was alright until I saw the owl with tears. Yup. Then another image, then another, then...I was glad nobody walked into the study...I was losing it there for a while.

It is just so unfair. As is often the case...but still, so unfair.

Thank you blueschica for posting the link.

(Edit: And to the folks at Rushcon, if you are watching, can you edit the video to be one second longer on each clip? Yes there is alot of content out there, but this is good, we want to pause each and every moment. Don't be shy now!)

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 1

Th impact that Neil had was tremendous...such a beautiful human being.

I could actually sit through that beautifully poignant video....I tried once before, but I failed miserably!

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to RushCon for compiling that!

I will never forget the morning of the 11th of January, 2020 when I heard the news...I cried in bed that night...not ashamed to admit it!

It has been more than a month, but it is still very hard for me to accept that he is gone. Another passing that hit me hard was that of David Bowie that took place in January, 2016. I have begun dreading the month of January now to be honest!

Sure life is going on...the world is turning...work is keeping me busy, but there are hours of the day when I either think of Neil or watch an interview with him or read one of his books....it will still be a few more months before I will be able to listen to Rush again. I also keep wondering how Geddy and Alex are doing. Am I a concerned fan? Do I feel for those guys? You bet!

Edited by preetha_1987
  • Like 4