I hope maiden and priest do a coheadlining thing, but realistically maiden are the bigger band. their shirts are at goddamn walmart

It should be just those two with no support. Give both bands an hour and 45 minutes or so and that's it. There's no reason for another band to be on it anyways. No one will remember who the support was after seeing Priest and Maiden on the same night.

I hope maiden and priest do a coheadlining thing, but realistically maiden are the bigger band. their shirts are at goddamn walmart

It should be just those two with no support. Give both bands an hour and 45 minutes or so and that's it. There's no reason for another band to be on it anyways. No one will remember who the support was after seeing Priest and Maiden on the same night.

I want Thin Lizzy to open.

I want Thin Lizzy to open.

sadly if there's an opener it will be steve's cousin's wife's folk metal band

I'd like to see equal time sets, I just assumed priest would get less since they're not as big a draw

Edited by bathory

I'd like to see equal time sets, I just assumed priest would get less since they're not as big a draw

Yeah, if it comes down to an executive decision, Maiden will certainly get more time. But if Maiden has any say, I'm sure they would want to give Priest the same amount of time.

Yeah, if it comes down to an executive decision, Maiden will certainly get more time. But if Maiden has any say, I'm sure they would want to give Priest the same amount of time.

That's fine.

Then each band gets a 90 minute set. No opener.

That's fine.

90 minutes is too short for Maiden. They do have some longer songs. Priest could probably fit more in that timeframe than Maiden could though.

That's fine.

90 minutes is too short for Maiden. They do have some longer songs. Priest could probably fit more in that timeframe than Maiden could though.

I'll take "Rime" or "Alexander The Great" any day.

I want them both to play a classic album all the way through. Then do whatever they want. No new albums. Play the classics and retire into the sunset.

oh for sure. I'm sure they were influenced by them at least somewhat

That's fine.

I want them both to play a classic album all the way through. Then do whatever they want. No new albums. Play the classics and retire into the sunset.

The latest Priest and Maiden albums are deemed by many to be classics.

• Like 1

That's fine.

Why?

Just because you're stuck in the past and refuse to move forward doesn't mean that they should be too. Both bands still produce great new music. They're not like some bands that are touring based on hits they had decades ago who don't do anything relevant today. You'll see that when you go to that Krokus show you're all excited about lol

Edited by J2112YYZ

Also, Priest was able to do three runs through North America because of how well received Firepower was. Maiden was able to get two tour legs for Book Of Souls. If you want older bands to just be nostalgia acts then maybe there are certain bands that you shouldn't see live anymore. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I look at Foreigner, a band I used to love. They are a novelty act now. As good as that live show is, it's a greatest hits set. There's nothing new. Journey is almost the same.

Have a lot of respect for bands like Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Chicago, even The Who (again) - new material, at least trying to stay relevant.

I think at this point, the only 'novelty' act I'd want to see would be Zeppelin. Because....Zeppelin. Which is wishful thinking anyway. It's never going to happen.

Edits for clarity and spelling.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

That's fine.

Yeah, at this point a 90 min Maiden show would feel like a 90 min Rush show would have. Too short.

• Like 1

Just got my tickets for Los Angeles 10/15/20

What??? Already?????

Pre sale, is my guess. You know that thing they do for every concert now to try and make the ticket buyer feel special even though there's 27 different ones for each show.

I know man, it's out of control J! I really wanted Maiden and Priest to tour together.

Where did you get that idea from Earl? If they did a tour together Priest would have to take second billing at every show. It's one thing doing that with Ozzy in Europe for a few shows but I can't see Priest accepting a second banana role for a whole US tour.

What??? Already?????

Pre sale, is my guess. You know that thing they do for every concert now to try and make the ticket buyer feel special even though there's 27 different ones for each show.

I know man, it's out of control J! I really wanted Maiden and Priest to tour together.

Where did you get that idea from Earl? If they did a tour together Priest would have to take second billing at every show. It's one thing doing that with Ozzy in Europe for a few shows but I can't see Priest accepting a second banana role for a whole US tour.

they did in 2018...opening for deep purple!

pretty poor decision. most of the crowd was there for priest

I had tickets to see purple again and it was cancelled due to low sales

What??? Already?????

Yeah but Deep Purple are one of the Priest guys big heroes and a major influence while Maiden are their upstart rivals who came along when Priest were already well established. I can't see them swallowing it.

What??? Already?????

Yeah but Deep Purple are one of the Priest guys big heroes and a major influence while Maiden are their upstart rivals who came along when Priest were already well established. I can't see them swallowing it.

might pay more than their regular gigs

What??? Already?????

might pay more than their regular gigs

Maybe...