Neil on cover of February PROG magazine

blueschica

I love this forum! :)

OP started with telling us that Neil was featured in the latest Prog magazine, and now we are talking about the quality of acting in the Rocky films!

Yeah, the quick change of topics is something TRFers are pretty good at. I am guilty myself and it keeps things interesting, for sure!

• Like 1

OP started with telling us that Neil was featured in the latest Prog magazine, and now we are talking about the quality of acting in the Rocky films!

Yeah, the quick change of topics is something TRFers are pretty good at. I am guilty myself and it keeps things interesting, for sure!

Amen! Lol!

• Like 1

Check it:

Rocky 1 had 10 Oscar nominations including Best Actor (Sly), Best Actress (Talia Shire), Best Supporting Actor x 2 (Burgess Meredith & Burt Young). It won 3 of those 10 nominations - Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Film Editing.

Some/Most of the other Rocky movies might’ve been fun but the real acting and storyline is in part 1.

Oh, and no way were other Sly vehicles like Cobra or Over The Top going to get any kind of acclaim.

And how’s this trivia tangent?:

Michael Dorn, most famous as Klingon Worf from Star Trek Next Generation appears uncredited in Rocky 1 as the bodyguard of Apollo

Creed, Rocky’s nemesis and world heavyweight champ.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day when I was looking for it online. I know they have had Rush featured in the past and they have been on the cover but this obviously is special. I'm glad they did it and look forward to getting it. Where I live the latest one featured Pink Floyd's the wall album(which I was glad to see and buy)but I will have to wait another few weeks or so to get the next one since it seems that only recently they still had the Marillion issues.Anyway, the PF is issue 105 and the Neil one will be issue 106.The Neil issue will possibly be the last one I get since I have too many of them(started buying them about five years ago and have almost everyone since then).I figure this will be a good one to go out on.

"Herman Ze German"

Love,

The Scorpions

Back in ye olde days, when my band all lived in a one bedroom apartment, we had Herman Rarebell’s solo album on vinyl.

A truly awful piece of work. Played it constantly for drunken laughs. Could he even play drums? I mean, they could barely pull off “Wipe Out” on that record!

Couple years later we became friendly with Jimmy Ratchett, his replacement. THAT mofo could play. And he was married to Tommy Lee’s sister Athena!

Edited by chemistry1973

Johnny Blaze was telling me in PM that his absolute favourite TV show of all time is the KNIGHT RIDER with David "The Hoff" HasselHoff!

Hahaha!

Well you know the three of us are "The Three Amigos!"

Makes total sense.

"Knight Rider" went through my head first before "Firefox." Yet I chose Clint.

Love that tv show.

How about MAGNUM??

MAGNUM PI? Tom Selleck? Or the prog band? LOL!

No the choc ice:

Magnum_ice_cream.jpg

Hahaha!

Thought it was going to be a box of condoms Pat.

The HOFF claims he never wears them. That was in the mid 80's though before the permed hair AIDS scare.

His concerts are always sold out in Germany!

Yeah, well, Rammstein, Mozart, and Wagner notwithstanding, the Germans' cultural tastes are suspect. I mean, they also go bonkers over the Smurfs.

Johnny Blaze was telling me in PM that his absolute favourite TV show of all time is the KNIGHT RIDER with David "The Hoff" HasselHoff!

Hahaha!

Makes total sense.

Love that tv show.

How about MAGNUM??

No the choc ice:

Magnum_ice_cream.jpg

Hahaha!

The HOFF claims he never wears them. That was in the mid 80's though before the permed hair AIDS scare.

Yeah, well, Rammstein, Mozart, and Wagner notwithstanding, the Germans' cultural tastes are suspect. I mean, they also go bonkers over the Smurfs.

Is the Hoff the new Hef?

Hahaha!

Makes total sense.

Love that tv show.

How about MAGNUM??

No the choc ice:

Magnum_ice_cream.jpg

Hahaha!

Great observations folks. Right now I'm sitting in my bunker, listening to I've Been Looking For Freedom, and of course I wear my smurf costume. Götterdämmerung baby! :P

• Like 2

Hahaha!

Makes total sense.

Love that tv show.

How about MAGNUM??

No the choc ice:

Magnum_ice_cream.jpg

Hahaha!

Great observations folks. Right now I'm sitting in my bunker, listening to I've Been Looking For Freedom, and of course I wear my smurf costume. Götterdämmerung baby! :P

She forgot Beethoven, Brahms, Bach, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Strauss, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Scorpions, Kreator, Accept, Sodom.

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Makes total sense.

Love that tv show.

How about MAGNUM??

No the choc ice:

Magnum_ice_cream.jpg

Hahaha!

She forgot Beethoven, Brahms, Bach, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Strauss, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Scorpions, Kreator, Accept, Sodom.

Haha, and since she spoke of our suspect cultural tastes, I must add BEER to that list. :hail:

• Like 2

Hahaha!

Makes total sense.

Love that tv show.

How about MAGNUM??

No the choc ice:

Magnum_ice_cream.jpg

Hahaha!

Haha, and since she spoke of our suspect cultural tastes, I must add BEER to that list. :hail:

"better people, better food.... better BEER!"

• Like 1