2020 MLB Season Thread! "Damn Yankees?" Cheating Astros Red Sox? Nats Repeat? Oakland's Young Pitching?

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#61 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 26184 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

https://www.12up.com/posts/braves-troll-astros-music-choice-during-workout-i-saw-the-sign-cheating-scandal-video-01e34vwekvkr

🎵All that they want is another trophy.  They’re gonna cheat you!🎵

Sponsored Post

#62 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:55 PM

Will the 2020 MLB Season be cancelled????????

#63 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 26184 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:10 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 11 March 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

At least the Astros and Yanks won’t cheat and win.  There’s your silver lining playbook.

#64 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:15 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 11 March 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 11 March 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

At least the Astros and Yanks won’t cheat and win.  There’s your silver lining playbook.

Hahahaha!  Good point.  Don't forget the Red SUX!!!

#65 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:16 AM

Seattle Mariners games will be compromised.

A's open with the Twins.  March 26.  No fans.

I am a fuckking season ticket holder.  Oh well.

#66 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

The Professor

• Members
  • 3604 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:49 AM

Now forever to be known to me as the Houston Asterisks

#67 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:09 AM

When they moved the season start date back, did they shorten the season? Or are they still planning on playing them all?

#68 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:28 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 21 March 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

When they moved the season start date back, did they shorten the season? Or are they still planning on playing them all?

I believe Opening Day will be June 1st, but you never know.  There will still be a NO FAN Rule in effect.

I think they want to try and fit in the entire season.  Many managers are will to play many doubleheaders.  Not sure the players will like that.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666, 21 March 2020 - 07:28 PM.

#69 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 10468 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

For you Cub fans, Fox is showing Game 7 of the 2016 World Series. Bottom of the 8th coming up.

#70 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:13 AM

What is baseball?

#71 TexMike

TexMike

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1557 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:34 PM

It sucks that the Astros are going to luck out and not have to endure the boos from road teams' fans this year.  I'm sure they'll still remember when baseball's fully back, but the intensity will probably be less.

#72 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

The Professor

• Members
  • 3604 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:09 PM

For all you Mariners fans they're showing Felix's perfect game tonight on ROOT................oh wait, there are no Mariners fans. Never mind. :(

#73 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:26 AM

View PostTexMike, on 04 May 2020 - 12:34 PM, said:

It sucks that the Astros are going to luck out and not have to endure the boos from road teams' fans this year.  I'm sure they'll still remember when baseball's fully back, but the intensity will probably be less.

Mike!

As a diehard A's fan I can't believe this reality.

The one fuckking baseball season where the entire nation was going heckle and rip the Houston Astros, the Universe gives them yet another free pass.

I will never understand it.

But as an A's season ticket holder I will wait for those cheating bastards to come to Oakland.

Scum.

#74 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 76433 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 12 May 2020 - 12:02 PM

https://www.cnn.com/...trnd/index.html

MLB owners approve plan to start season in July, reports say

Major League Baseball (MLB) owners have finalized a plan that may allow the 2020 season to start on Fourth of July weekend, according to multiple outlets, including the New York Times and ESPN.

The season, which was set to start on March 26, was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. MLB owners and league management have agreed upon an 82-game regular season,... according to the reports.

#75 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 86808 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 12 May 2020 - 12:13 PM

View Postgoose, on 12 May 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

Major League Baseball (MLB) owners have finalized a plan that may allow the 2020 season to start on Fourth of July weekend, according to multiple outlets, including the New York Times and ESPN.

The season, which was set to start on March 26, was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. MLB owners and league management have agreed upon an 82-game regular season,... according to the reports.
Still need MLBPA approval, and their first reaction has not been good.

#76 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:55 PM

I hope they get something worked out. I read the plan was to play 80 (Goose's link says 82) games, basically all in division to cut down on travel. For most teams, I guess, that's twenty games against each other team? Not much variety, but at least it's baseball. Every game a grudge match!

I liked what author Jared Diamond (Germs, Guns, and Steel; How Civilizations Collapse) said: "If there isn't any baseball, the American people will know it's because the billionaires and millionaires couldn't agree."

#77 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 86808 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:00 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 12 May 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

I hope they get something worked out. I read the plan was to play 80 (Goose's link says 82) games, basically all in division to cut down on travel. For most teams, I guess, that's twenty games against each other team? Not much variety, but at least it's baseball. Every game a grudge match!

I liked what author Jared Diamond (Germs, Guns, and Steel; How Civilizations Collapse) said: "If there isn't any baseball, the American people will know it's because the billionaires and millionaires couldn't agree."
I heard it's three divisions of ten, with five teams per division from each league, though the reckless CNN didn't mention it.

I'm on the fence though, at least if what I've heard about the universal DH is true.  Baseball is better tha no baseball but NL baseball is better than AL baseball.

#78 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 9759 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 12 May 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

There is no way the strongest union in America will agree to any cuts to their per game salaries, even with empty stadiums.

Unions for millionaires, Karl Marx would be thrilled.

#79 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 76433 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:44 AM

View PostGabesCavesOfIce, on 18 May 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 12 May 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

There is no way the strongest union in America will agree to any cuts to their per game salaries, even with empty stadiums.

Unions for millionaires, Karl Marx would be thrilled.
https://www.google.c...020-season/amp/

"Five reasons why MLB players are objecting to owners' 50-50 revenue split for 2020 season"

#80 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38773 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:03 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 12 May 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostNova Carmina, on 12 May 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

I heard it's three divisions of ten, with five teams per division from each league, though the reckless CNN didn't mention it.

I'm on the fence though, at least if what I've heard about the universal DH is true.  Baseball is better tha no baseball but NL baseball is better than AL baseball.

No way bud!  I get the purist factor in the NL with pitchers batting.  But in the modern age where everything is faster and bigger, keep your pitcher safe and get him out of the strike zone!!!!

Do you really think I want to watch Dave Stewart bat for the Oakland A's if there was no DH in the AL?

FUCKK THAT!

Give me big Dave Parker or Don Baylor instead.

NL lovers I respect, but give me a break man.
Lay down a bunt?  Pinch hit?  Cool, baseball is like chess.  I get it.

But give me David Ortiz, Edgar Martinez, Paul Molitor or Frank Thomas any day over some frigging pitcher.  WEAK!!!

AMERICAN LEAGUE AND THE OAKLAND A'S FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users