2020 MLB Season Thread! "Damn Yankees?" Cheating Astros Red Sox? Nats Repeat? Oakland's Young Pitching?

RUSHHEAD666

Well looks like the Astros live to see another day...

Lets GO Rays! :sundog:

C'mon TB, get rid of these fukking cheaters!

PS, Rob Manfred is a pussy

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 3

All I can say;

Lightning win the Stanley Cup,

(If) The Rays go on to win the World Series & the Bucs make it to the Super Bowl (not even having to win it) being the 1st team to play in the BIG dance in their home town. Within the most F**ked up year in recorded history...

The ASTEROID is coming....

• Like 2

Karma for cheating! Suck it, Asstros!

H4jFk2F.gif

Also For the Braves, started by Ozuna failing to properly tag up on the sac fly play.

I have no dog in this fight, except for anybody beating Atlanta. Started hating the Braves with the advent of that Ted Turner/TBS "America's Team" horseshit. Go Dodgers!

Karma for cheating! Suck it, Asstros!

H4jFk2F.gif

Also For the Braves, started by Ozuna failing to properly tag up on the sac fly play.

I have no dog in this fight, except for anybody beating Atlanta. Started hating the Braves with the advent of that Ted Turner/TBS "America's Team" horseshit. Go Dodgers!

I'm an Angels fan so I'm biased towards Braves but the Braves had no business playing the Twins in 1991 since they were in the WESTERN division. MLB was geographically challenged back then. I even went to one of the few Dodger games I've been to in June 1991 on a Saturday day game with my dad where Scioscia hit a 2 RBI double and we barely missed being on the sports highlights because we were in outfield compared to the foul area of Angels Stadium where we usually were. Brett Butler was my favorite player on that team.

Edited by invisible airwave

Grew up in Spokane which was where the Dodgers AAA farm team was back then. I saw all the great Dodgers from the 70s, Cey, Lopes, Buckner, Garvey, Russell, Bobby Valentine, etc. go through on their way to LA. Lasorda also managed in Spokane before being "called up" to the big club. As a result I've been a Dodgers fan since I was a kid as are a lot of people my age (fukking old) in that area. As a result, GO DODGERS!!
  • Like 1

Grew up in Spokane which was where the Dodgers AAA farm team was back then. I saw all the great Dodgers from the 70s, Cey, Lopes, Buckner, Garvey, Russell, Bobby Valentine, etc. go through on their way to LA. Lasorda also managed in Spokane before being "called up" to the big club. As a result I've been a Dodgers fan since I was a kid as are a lot of people my age (fukking old) in that area. As a result, GO DODGERS!!

Third time in four years you guys have made it to the dance. No trophy yet. Time to get 'er done.

Their Single A team borders my city east as the Cucamonga Quakes. The Angels and Padres were on that team before the Dodgers and Angels switched. Angels switched to Inland Empire 66ers in San Bernardino.

Third time in four years you guys have made it to the dance. No trophy yet. Time to get 'er done.

Yes, it indeed is!

I was born in Spokane, and your post prompted me to look up the history of the Spokane Indians.

https://www.milb.com/spokane/history/teamhistory

That 1970 team was a monster...

The 1970 Indians, managed by Tommy Lasorda, won 94 of 146 games (.644) in the regular season to win the northern division by 26 games, then swept the Hawaii Islanders in four games in the PCL playoffs. The team included Bill Buckner, Steve Garvey, Bobby Valentine (PCL MVP), Tom Paciorek, Davey Lopes, Bill Russell, and Doyle Alexander.

I was born in Spokane, and your post prompted me to look up the history of the Spokane Indians.

https://www.milb.com...ory/teamhistory

That 1970 team was a monster...

The 1970 Indians, managed by Tommy Lasorda, won 94 of 146 games (.644) in the regular season to win the northern division by 26 games, then swept the Hawaii Islanders in four games in the PCL playoffs. The team included Bill Buckner, Steve Garvey, Bobby Valentine (PCL MVP), Tom Paciorek, Davey Lopes, Bill Russell, and Doyle Alexander.

Forgot about Paciorek. I think Cey was there the year before or after but in the cobwebs of an old guys brain, hard to say for sure. I do remember Lopes played Center Field tho, not Second Base.

It was a monster team. I believe I went to one of the championship games vs. Hawaii. I was about to turn 14 in the summer of '70.

There were other guys that went through the city that played for the Dodgers and other teams. Maury Wills before I was old enough to know but others like Tommy Hutton, Bill Singer I do remember. Don Sutton even came down briefly one summer in what I would guess was a couple of rehab starts after injury or something like that.

Edited by driventotheedge