Jump to content


2020 MLB Season Thread! "Damn Yankees?" Cheating Astros Red Sox? Nats Repeat? Oakland's Young Pitching?


  • Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#221 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:33 PM

Tom was Fresno born and passed away up north near Napa.  Calistoga Ca.  RIP

Sponsored Post

#222 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 35492 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:41 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 September 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 02 September 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

RIP Tom Seaver. One of the greats, a Mets legend and a Hall of Famer.

https://www.espn.com...-legend-dies-75

It was all over MLB Network tonight including a very classy homage to the greatness of Tom.  RIP!
I have his rookie card somewhere.

In 1969 -- the year the Mets won the Series -- in his last 8 starts, Seaver pitched 8 complete games, and went 8-0, including 3 shutouts. What a beast.

#223 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:16 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 02 September 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 September 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 02 September 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

RIP Tom Seaver. One of the greats, a Mets legend and a Hall of Famer.

https://www.espn.com...-legend-dies-75

It was all over MLB Network tonight including a very classy homage to the greatness of Tom.  RIP!
I have his rookie card somewhere.

In 1969 -- the year the Mets won the Series -- in his last 8 starts, Seaver pitched 8 complete games, and went 8-0, including 3 shutouts. What a beast.
One of the greats, for sure.  Tom Terrific!

#224 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3581 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:02 AM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 02 September 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 September 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 02 September 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

RIP Tom Seaver. One of the greats, a Mets legend and a Hall of Famer.

https://www.espn.com...-legend-dies-75

It was all over MLB Network tonight including a very classy homage to the greatness of Tom.  RIP!
I have his rookie card somewhere.

In 1969 -- the year the Mets won the Series -- in his last 8 starts, Seaver pitched 8 complete games, and went 8-0, including 3 shutouts. What a beast.
I was 13 that year and what a year it was. RIP Tom.

#225 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 18758 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:39 PM

Lets GO Rays! :sundog:

#226 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:29 PM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 10 September 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:



Lets GO Rays! :sundog:

A's Baby!!!!!!!!!!!

#227 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:39 AM

Well, the playoffs are set, and while Royals juuust missed out (ahem), it's nice to see the Cardinals got in the right way. :sundog:

Unfortunately for their long-term prospects, they get the Padres!

My no-one-asked-and-no-one-cares-but-here-it-is-anyway-nonexpert picks:

Dodgers over Brewers
Braves over Reds
Marlins over Cubs
Padres over Cardinals (in three!)

Rays over Jays
A's over White Sox
Astros over Twins
Yankees over Indians

#228 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3581 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:44 AM

View PostNova Carmina, on 28 September 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

Well, the playoffs are set, and while Royals juuust missed out (ahem), it's nice to see the Cardinals got in the right way. :sundog:

Unfortunately for their long-term prospects, they get the Padres!

My no-one-asked-and-no-one-cares-but-here-it-is-anyway-nonexpert picks:

Dodgers over Brewers
Braves over Reds
Marlins over Cubs
Padres over Cardinals (in three!)

Rays over Jays
A's over White Sox
Astros over Twins
Yankees over Indians
Here's hoping the Twins eliminate the cheating Assterisks. And I always root for the Yankoffs to lose so go Indians.

#229 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:15 AM

A best of three format is a pretty crappy idea, imo, as it makes huge upsets possible.  It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

#230 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3581 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:53 AM

My order of preference to win the WS (even tho likely no one cares):

1. Padres
2. Dodgers
3. As
4. White Sox
.
.
.
15. Assterisks
16. Yankoffs

Edited by driventotheedge, 28 September 2020 - 11:54 AM.


#231 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 28 September 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

My order of preference to win the WS (even tho likely no one cares):

1. Padres
2. Dodgers
3. As
4. White Sox
.
.
.
15. Assterisks
16. Yankoffs


As Faith No More would say,   "We Care A Lot!"  Well I do!!!  It figures the A's get the tough White Sox first!  I know all three games are in Oakland but still.  I worry.  Story of my life with my A's!!

All good!  I will take it.  A's and Sox at noon PST!!!

#232 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 28 September 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostNova Carmina, on 28 September 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

Well, the playoffs are set, and while Royals juuust missed out (ahem), it's nice to see the Cardinals got in the right way. :sundog:

Unfortunately for their long-term prospects, they get the Padres!

My no-one-asked-and-no-one-cares-but-here-it-is-anyway-nonexpert picks:

Dodgers over Brewers
Braves over Reds
Marlins over Cubs
Padres over Cardinals (in three!)

Rays over Jays
A's over White Sox
Astros over Twins
Yankees over Indians
Here's hoping the Twins eliminate the cheating Assterisks. And I always root for the Yankoffs to lose so go Indians.

I'll drink to that!!!

#233 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 29 September 2020 - 03:34 PM

Every year is the same for the lame A's.  They fuckingg suck!  They are never built for the postseason.  They are being no-hit by Lucas!  A stud!

#234 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:10 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 September 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Every year is the same for the lame A's.  They fuckingg suck!  They are never built for the postseason.  They are being no-hit by Lucas!  A stud!
That's why I don't like the three-game format, especially for a top seed.  It makes an upset too easy if you have one ace.

#235 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:25 PM

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 September 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Every year is the same for the lame A's.  They fuckingg suck!  They are never built for the postseason.  They are being no-hit by Lucas!  A stud!
That's why I don't like the three-game format, especially for a top seed.  It makes an upset too easy if you have one ace.

You have said it all.  I can't believe the Twins are out.  EXACTLY!  THE ASSSSHOLES SUCK and they advance.  UGH!!!

Thank Goodness for Bassitt!!!!!!

#236 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:25 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 30 September 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 September 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Every year is the same for the lame A's.  They fuckingg suck!  They are never built for the postseason.  They are being no-hit by Lucas!  A stud!
That's why I don't like the three-game format, especially for a top seed.  It makes an upset too easy if you have one ace.

You have said it all.  I can't believe the Twins are out.  EXACTLY!  THE ASSSSHOLES SUCK and they advance.  UGH!!!

Thank Goodness for Bassitt!!!!!!
Where's Manaea?

#237 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:20 PM

View Postgoose, on 30 September 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 30 September 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 September 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Every year is the same for the lame A's.  They fuckingg suck!  They are never built for the postseason.  They are being no-hit by Lucas!  A stud!
That's why I don't like the three-game format, especially for a top seed.  It makes an upset too easy if you have one ace.

You have said it all.  I can't believe the Twins are out.  EXACTLY!  THE ASSSSHOLES SUCK and they advance.  UGH!!!

Thank Goodness for Bassitt!!!!!!
Where's Manaea?
Here's where...

https://www.mercuryn...ins-not-saying/

Manaea, a lefty, was arguably a better pitcher toward the end of this season for the A’s, going 4-1 with a 2.65 ERA and held opponents to a .234 batting average over his final six starts dating back to Aug. 20. The four wins tied for fourth most in the majors over that span.  But the White Sox are 15-0 against left-handed starters this season...

So we start Fiers, who goes all of 1.2 innings today.  Petit goes 1.1, Montas 2, Wendelkon 1, Trevino .2, Diekman .1, Soria 1, and Hendricks closes it out.

Team effort!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Edited by goose, 01 October 2020 - 06:24 PM.


#238 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:54 PM

View Postgoose, on 30 September 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 30 September 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 September 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Every year is the same for the lame A's.  They fuckingg suck!  They are never built for the postseason.  They are being no-hit by Lucas!  A stud!
That's why I don't like the three-game format, especially for a top seed.  It makes an upset too easy if you have one ace.

You have said it all.  I can't believe the Twins are out.  EXACTLY!  THE ASSSSHOLES SUCK and they advance.  UGH!!!

Thank Goodness for Bassitt!!!!!!
Where's Manaea?

Hey buddy!  My heart is still inside my chest!!!  I was going to have a stroke!  HOLY TOLEDO!!!!!  A's finally win a series!  First time in 14 years!!!!!!

Fiers was a big mistake.  I liked the Montas move.  I though Melvin was out of his fuckking mind going back to Hendricks but was "Lights Out Lights Out In Oakland!!"


YAHOOOOOOOOO!

BRING ON THE AAASSSSSSHOLESSSSSS!!!!  So happy we are playing on neutral ground at Dodger Stadium instead of Every Minute You Cheat Maid Park!!!!!!!!!!!



GO A'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#239 Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman

    By-Tor on the Bayou

  • Members
  • 25281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Marvin Gardens
  • Interests:Enjoying every day that ends in Y.

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:41 PM

I'll be cheering on tha A's! I love left coast baseball!

#240 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 13561 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 02 October 2020 - 03:45 AM

The Brewers never had a chance.  Hopefully, they will now send Braun on his merry way (while still paying him deferred money until 2031).




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users