2020 MLB Season Thread! "Damn Yankees?" Cheating Astros Red Sox? Nats Repeat? Oakland's Young Pitching?

RUSHHEAD666

I'll be watching and rooting for Comet Neowise to strike! It looks like a freebie/no expectation season for my teams, so I'm just in it for the lulz, probably. If the Cardinals or Royals find a way to get it going at the right time, though, I reserve the right to claim I could see it happening all along.

Can't root for the Yankees, so let's go Nats. And then the Giants.

Yeah, I was surprised Pittsburgh pulled out of the deal; Buffalo, then?

• Like 1

I'll be watching and rooting for Comet Neowise to strike! It looks like a freebie/no expectation season for my teams, so I'm just in it for the lulz, probably. If the Cardinals or Royals find a way to get it going at the right time, though, I reserve the right to claim I could see it happening all along.

Can't root for the Yankees, so let's go Nats. And then the Giants.

Yeah, I was surprised Pittsburgh pulled out of the deal; Buffalo, then?

That's what I'm wondering, although I saw one report that said Buffalo only had a minor league ballpark available. Supposedly the Jays players balked at that facility. They gotta play somewhere, though.

So I'm 0-2 in my early season picks. Don't worry, I won't pick your team next!

Go on ahead, pick the Tigers and the Marlins-or don't. Both teams are still going to suck either way.
  • Like 1

Day 1 2020 season that almost wasn't. Ive been watching the tele since 4:30 mountain time and it looks like the A's and the other A's could do time for loitering. I could do time for not distancing from the refrigerator today and might have to be handcuffed to the treadmill overnight. At least, I will have a firm bed to sleep on!

In the early game, the Jays stunned the Rays. Now for the 2nd base experiment folks! ... no more pee breaks! Fook the hand sanitizer ... pass the Visine!

• Like 1

Rooftop seats right next to Wrigley are being occupied with permission of the city of Chicago and expected appropriate social distancing. Likely those people will be the only ones watching live major league baseball for the foreseeable future if not the entire season.

I'm jealous of them, especially on a beautiful summer afternoon like it is today.

• Like 1

Rooftop seats right next to Wrigley are being occupied with permission of the city of Chicago and expected appropriate social distancing. Likely those people will be the only ones watching live major league baseball for the foreseeable future if not the entire season.

I'm jealous of them, especially on a beautiful summer afternoon like it is today.

now if the Cubs could just execute a simple rundown :facepalm:

• Like 1

now if the Cubs could just execute a simple rundown :facepalm:

Well theyt had a very shortened "Spring" training.

(never mind that they've been executing rundowns since Little League)

Something is significantly wrong with the United States.

Compare how the NHL handled this crisis vs MLB.

"Waiting to hear if the 2020 MLB season has been cancelled. Nothing definitive yet. “In jeopardy” seems to be the most texted term to me in the last 30 minutes.

"Waiting to hear if the 2020 MLB season has been cancelled. Nothing definitive yet. “In jeopardy” seems to be the most texted term to me in the last 30 minutes.

If only Edwin Diaz was in charge; I hear he's wonderful at saving things. Maybe he could work on it on days when Rick Porcello starts, he won't be needed at the ballpark then.

If only Edwin Diaz was in charge; I hear he's wonderful at saving things. Maybe he could work on it on days when Rick Porcello starts, he won't be needed at the ballpark then.

Glad to see you are well versed in the Mets problems.

Interesting you enjoy a sport with such a militant union

Did someone forget what subforum we're in?

11 players/coaches for the Marlins quarantined after testing positive for Covid. Team staying in Philly as testing continues. Orioles leaving Miami as Tuesday's game (Miami's home opener) is cancelled.

Real men of genius :facepalm: .

MLBPA is not baseball nor militant?

BTW Alonso says hi.

11 players/coaches for the Marlins quarantined after testing positive for Covid. Team staying in Philly as testing continues. Orioles leaving Miami as Tuesday's game (Miami's home opener) is cancelled.

Real men of genius :facepalm: .

Somebody in the media is trying to sugar-coat this. It's 12 players and 2 from the staff. If this keeps up, the season will be cancelled and those beautiful BLM signs won't see the light of day anymore...subforum! :bitchslap:

MLBPA is not baseball nor militant?

BTW Alonso says hi.

Reported