The lyrics of Rush

Bahamas

I looked around these forums a bit, looked at Rush.com, and have seen some general web sites with rock song lyrics...

Does anybody know of a central source for all the lyrics of Rush songs?

CDs today are so tiny if they contain lyrics at all. Vinyl record covers were great for the larger lyric format.

Thanks all for suggestions!

B.

I looked around these forums a bit, looked at Rush.com, and have seen some general web sites with rock song lyrics...

Does anybody know of a central source for all the lyrics of Rush songs?

CDs today are so tiny if they contain lyrics at all. Vinyl record covers were great for the larger lyric format.

Thanks all for suggestions!

B.

Here you go:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/lyrics.php

Wow, and I have that site bookmarked on another device but has been a while. The main site page, just didn't look further into it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Edited by Bahamas

And just bought a suggested book from that site, Rush: Song by Song, for the Kindle. More late night reading, shadowing my little screen and diving deep into the world of music and song :) Just finished re-reading Ghost Rider, his little excerpts really give pause - written for songs, they also apply to so much in life. I find I am looking further in other lyrics, more than just having sung along over the years. Edited by Bahamas

I see that now, thank you @laughedatbytime.

I was too quick in my searching, much appreciated!

• Like 1

I hope you enjoy that "Song by Song" book -- I got it for Christmas. Some of the interpretations were a bit odd, but the most annoying thing for me as a reader was the editing quality.

For example, the chapter on Permanent Waves begins by listing January 14, 1980, as the release date. Then the opening sentence reads "Permanent Waves was released on 1 January 1 1980 . . . " Yeah, look at that again.

It's like that all over. Maybe it's one of those "self-published" deals?

It was very cheap, and I appreciate the heads up. It is also not great for a kindle, at least for me, because of the linear format. Seeing ticket stubs is nice and the comments are interesting, but "looking around the book" is a pain. For example, Wandering The Face Of The Earth is a tonne of fun!